Dear Halo community

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members or discuss moderation decisions.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hello, I;ve been with this franchise since 2001. Lately Ive been seeing all kinds of news with Halo 5, and honestly i have to say its saddening.

To me it looks like 343i is trying to turn Halo into their own thing, and to be completely honest, if you wanted your own IP, then make your own IP.

Halo has been going down hill since abuot 2007, and severely dropped in 2012. There could be many reasons for this, FPS market being flooded and the drastic changes being made are two that come to mind. The first one is entirely wrong and ill give examples of why. The game runescape, it was huge, but now most of the player base is bots. They tried to change the game to meet these new " standards " in gaming, and yet the lost many players. World of Warcraft hasnt changed ( as much as runescape did ) and yet it still remains on top of the MMO market after ten years.

Also, like many Halo 4 videos they have pro players in videos trying to say that the game is good, and its all fun. Well, that was the complete opposite with Halo4. The game was garbage. It pains me to see some of you defending the gameplay of what was shown. It honestly looked so gimmicky. You can say that Halo needs to change all you want, but the truth is that it hurts it. I doubt Halo 5 will sell well, and if it does it’ll be because of the name alone. But, like Halo 4, the population will drastically decrease, and once again well be left alone with a game that please almost no one.

I’m not saying remove it all though. Your hanging ledge thing looked cool for campaign ( hell even custom games ) but please keep all this gimmicky new stuff, out of multiplayer. If you REALLY have to, make a playlist for it.

This franchise literally started from the bottom, but actually rose and inspired a generation. But in the last few years its has been battered and raped. This franchise means a lot to some people, and it honestly annoys me that 343i think that they’re changing things for the better. They are literally changing things for the sake of change ( energy sword, BR sounds ). These changes aren’t needed.

But sadly, most of the users on this forum are below average intelligence and blindly agree with 343 and claim anyone who doesn’t is a fanboy of Call of Duty, or claim that we should have things because " l0l spurtens can do et in boks n stuf so we shuld 2 l0l ". Lore shouldnt dictate -Yoink- gameplay.

Change your questionable ways and make an actual good, or continue and in a few years have no franchise left. Up to you.

@The mods on this forum - You are literally the worst mods i have ever seen on a forum. You delete posts that disagree with 343 or have a negative view on changes made to this game. Regardless if they are a troll or not. You remind me of -Yoink!-’s.

Good bye Halo community, most of you are -Yoinking!- idotic but to the few that are actually intelligent, ill miss you.

• Rezan

And nothing of value was lost.

You know what disgusts me? “Fans” of the franchise posting stuff like this. Instead of crying that the game is ruined, insulting the users, and blasting the mods for keeping the mindless ranting off the boards, try posting constructive thoughts about why these new changes are bad. Nothing will change, EVER, if you don’t speak up and tell them what needs to be changed and WHY it needs to be changed.

You’re doing more harm to your cause than good. You are not a fan of Halo; you’re just an angry gamer with no substantial input to give other than “I hate all of you” which doesn’t help anyone.

> 2535466714881534;1:
> You remind me of -Yoink!-’s.

Halo loving Nazis?

Man I miss the old days when Halo was something I loved to play, now I could care less. In my opinion, yes they did shoot this game to -Yoink-. RIP :’[

@Centauratron
Eh, I posted constructively, i listed options on what I think should be done. Take it as you will, this game is going down hill fast, and both you and I are contributing to that. Stop acting like blindly following 343i is doing any better than disagreeing with them. I personally think it does more damage, I mean all of the people who blindly followed them into Halo 4 are the reason were even in this mess in the first place.

> 2535466714881534;6:
> @Centauratron
> Eh, I posted constructively, i listed options on what I think should be done. Take it as you will, this game is going down hill fast, and both you and I are contributing to that. Stop acting like blindly following 343i is doing any better than disagreeing with them. I personally think it does more damage, I mean all of the people who blindly followed them into Halo 4 are the reason were even in this mess in the first place.

I don’t see anything truly constructive; what about the new gameplay is garbage, what makes it garbage, how can it not be garbage?

The most useful thing in your post was

> I’m not saying remove it all though. Your hanging ledge thing looked cool for campaign ( hell even custom games ) but please keep all this gimmicky new stuff, out of multiplayer. If you REALLY have to, make a playlist for it.

because yeah, there should be a separate playlist for the people who enjoy the new things and for the purists who want classic Halo.

> 2533274811959854;3:
> You know what disgusts me? “Fans” of the franchise posting stuff like this. Instead of crying that the game is ruined, insulting the users, and blasting the mods for keeping the mindless ranting off the boards, try posting constructive thoughts about why these new changes are bad. Nothing will change, EVER, if you don’t speak up and tell them what needs to be changed and WHY it needs to be changed.
>
> You’re doing more harm to your cause than good. You are not a fan of Halo; you’re just an angry gamer with no substantial input to give other than “I hate all of you” which doesn’t help anyone.

Even if people gave constructive thoughts on what they think needed to be changed, do you actually think they would do anything about it? Than i accompany that with a sigh of derision, sure they may change a few minor things here and there, but nothing too drastic, after all they are probably only in this for the money like half the game developers out there. They know they will sell whether people like it or not. they don’t care. But aye what do I know? I’m an angry gamer who doesn’t have common sense

> how can it not be garbage?

The changes cant be. Most of them are to just attract the newer generation. All of these changes don’t feel right. Add all the armor abilities you want to to a fiesta type playlist, add sprint to infection, but in standard Halo 4v4 team slayer multiplayer ( casual or competitive ) these things don’t work. They’ve already tried with Reach, and Halo4. It didn’t work.

And lmao @ saying speak up to get things changed. The community has been vocal about these absolute garbage changes since 2010. They want to make Halo their own thing. On one hand i can accept that, but the changes they’ve made are to drastic, they honestly should of made their own IP instead of working on a current one.

And yeah, the mods are doing their job taking down the troll posts, but like at Halo 4s launch, they’re removing legitimate negative comments toward the questionable changes.