Dear Anonymous Playlist Engineer

Though BS Angel, and a few of our forum goers seem to be impressed with your “go-getter-work-tirelessly-long-hours-durring-the-holidays-to-achieve-something-which-wasn’t-even-being-planned-for” attitude…

There is something you need to understand. At the risk of being reported for spam:

The TU game settings need to be pulled back some on the playlist they are currently featured on.

Disclaimer: I’m 100% against the TU Game Types.

BUT: No matter what playlist I’m in, my voting options should NEVER BE THE SAME GAME TYPE IN EVERY SLOT.

If I’m in squad slayer, the voting options should contain more that just TU options. The same goes for Anniversary BTB and Multi-Team.

Just because my party has 3, 5 or 8 people in it, does not mean I should be forced to play TU settings.

There’s a NICHE of the Halo community that wants these settings… If we MUST cater to them… then it makes sense to offer them a voting option SOMEWHERE in the two rounds of voting ON EVERY Playlist.

But there’s no reason to convert entire playlists to TU settings.

ROLL IT BACK.

They won’t answer. They won’t even answer for totally screwing up the credit cap and freezing commendations last month. Why would they answer for some change that’s actually debated in the community when they won’t answer for complete -Yoink- ups?

Finally, I can say something which has been thrown in my face by the Reach noobs, yeah accept it, for one and a half year; adapt. Halo has restored some of its former glory and has somewhat gone back to the way it was supposed to be played. Embrace it.

> They won’t answer. They won’t even answer for totally screwing up the credit cap and freezing commendations last month. Why would they answer for some change that’s actually debated in the community when they won’t answer for complete Yoink! ups?

You know… I don’t need them to answer, I just need them to read and comprehend.

If they can do that, then I don’t have to make posts like this anymore.

Of course, admitting they made mistakes, and fixing them might actually help us all to get along.

I’m not sure what the downside to doing that would be, but they must have their reasons… Right?

> > They won’t answer. They won’t even answer for totally screwing up the credit cap and freezing commendations last month. Why would they answer for some change that’s actually debated in the community when they won’t answer for complete Yoink! ups?
>
> You know… I don’t need them to answer, I just need them to read and comprehend.
>
> If they can do that, then I don’t have to make posts like this anymore.
>
> Of course, admitting they made mistakes, and fixing them might actually help us all to get along.
>
> I’m not sure what the downside to doing that would be, but they must have their reasons… Right?

They haven’t made mistakes with applying TU settings. Both Halo 3 and Halo 2 had TUs that affected the whole of matchmaking, with no exceptions. For Reach, 343 have left you a few playlists where you can play pre-TU. Don’t complain.

> > > They won’t answer. They won’t even answer for totally screwing up the credit cap and freezing commendations last month. Why would they answer for some change that’s actually debated in the community when they won’t answer for complete Yoink! ups?
> >
> > You know… I don’t need them to answer, I just need them to read and comprehend.
> >
> > If they can do that, then I don’t have to make posts like this anymore.
> >
> > Of course, admitting they made mistakes, and fixing them might actually help us all to get along.
> >
> > I’m not sure what the downside to doing that would be, but they must have their reasons… Right?
>
> They haven’t made mistakes with applying TU settings. Both Halo 3 and Halo 2 had TUs that affected the whole of matchmaking, with no exceptions. For Reach, 343 have left you a few playlists where you can play pre-TU. Don’t complain.

They’ve left me ZERO BTB options.

Oh, and they could have just put it to a vote in every playlist too. Let everyone have their cake.

> > > > They won’t answer. They won’t even answer for totally screwing up the credit cap and freezing commendations last month. Why would they answer for some change that’s actually debated in the community when they won’t answer for complete Yoink! ups?
> > >
> > > You know… I don’t need them to answer, I just need them to read and comprehend.
> > >
> > > If they can do that, then I don’t have to make posts like this anymore.
> > >
> > > Of course, admitting they made mistakes, and fixing them might actually help us all to get along.
> > >
> > > I’m not sure what the downside to doing that would be, but they must have their reasons… Right?
> >
> > They haven’t made mistakes with applying TU settings. Both Halo 3 and Halo 2 had TUs that affected the whole of matchmaking, with no exceptions. For Reach, 343 have left you a few playlists where you can play pre-TU. Don’t complain.
>
> They’ve left me ZERO BTB options.
>
> Oh, and they could have just put it to a vote in every playlist too. Let everyone have their cake.

Then people just quit when they don’t get it the way they want. Making it all the same way makes it more of a ‘Take it or leave it’ playlist.

> Making it all the same way makes it more of a ‘Take it or leave it’ playlist.

AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

The more Playlists they make to be TU only… Until there’s nothing left, and then 343 loses the population who have supported/stuck with Reach since the beginning.

No matter how much you TU people believe it, you will never get back more population than what currently plays Reach. This move only insults the current user-base and hurts the population.

> > Making it all the same way makes it more of a ‘Take it or leave it’ playlist.
>
> AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM.
>
> The more Playlists they make to be TU only… Until there’s nothing left, and then 343 loses the population who have supported/stuck with Reach since the beginning.
>
> No matter how much you TU people believe it, you will never get back more population than what currently plays Reach. This move only insults the current user-base and hurts the population.

ADAPT, ha its great saying it, no wonder Reach kids did that for so long.

True, we might not get more population back, but, the reason why its so low is because so many people left because the game completly sucked in the first place.

This kind of Title Update happens in literally every game, patched, TU’s call them what you want, they are improving the game (Seriously, if you think nerfing AL was a bad idea then you are not worth debating with). You don’t like the update, fair enough, but that does not mean it is hurting the population, heck your K/D might improve too.

> > > Making it all the same way makes it more of a ‘Take it or leave it’ playlist.
> >
> > AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM.
> >
> > The more Playlists they make to be TU only… Until there’s nothing left, and then 343 loses the population who have supported/stuck with Reach since the beginning.
> >
> > No matter how much you TU people believe it, you will never get back more population than what currently plays Reach. This move only insults the current user-base and hurts the population.
>
> ADAPT, ha its great saying it, no wonder Reach kids did that for so long.
>
> True, we might not get more population back, but, the reason why its so low is because so many people left because the game completly sucked in the first place.
>
> This kind of Title Update happens in literally every game, patched, TU’s call them what you want, they are improving the game (Seriously, if you think nerfing AL was a bad idea then you are not worth debating with). You don’t like the update, fair enough, but that does not mean it is hurting the population, heck your K/D might improve too.

HI.

You must be new to games, so let me explain something it appears as if you’ve missed.

TU’s ARE RELEASED IN THE FIRST WEEKS OF A GAME, AND PUSHED OUT TO THE WHOLE GAME.

NOT A YEAR LATER, AND TO HALF THE GAME.

This is not a TU, it was never a TU. It was only ever a comfort pack to people who whine on the forums about a game they know nothing of.

ROLL
IT
BACK.

>

Dear Mr. Wired,

I know that you whine about people disliking Reach, but there is no deadline for a game getting a patch. TF2 still gets updates very regularly, and that game is as old as Halo 3. You don’t properly understand the mechanics of the game, you take what Bungie says as law, and do not actually take a competitive view on things. Open your mind and find that default Reach is not at all suitable for competitive play.

This was an update specifically for CEA, but 343 decided to listen to both communities with this update, at least you have lolteamslayer left.

Stop repeating yourself every post.

Sincerely,
SitriStahl

Starcraft just had another update a few weeks back…thats been out a few years now, just saying.

Oh, and the solution to your problems is…

Since there are so many TU haters (apparently) I’m sure you can find a team of 8 no problem

> Starcraft just had another update a few weeks back…thats been out a few years now, just saying.

And when was their first TU? Day 1? Week 1? Did their player population play an non-TU version of Starcraft at all? Let alone 17 months after release? OR ONLY ON HALF OF ALL SERVERS, WHILE OTHERS WENT UNTOUCHED?

> Since there are so many TU haters (apparently) I’m sure you can find a team of 8 no problem

Again… cause apparently you thought it was just “blah blah blah”

I do regularly have a party of 8 people. AND NOW US 8 CAN’T PLAY BTB WITH BEING FORCED TO CHOOSE TU OPTIONS.

> > Starcraft just had another update a few weeks back…thats been out a few years now, just saying.
>
> And when was their first TU? Day 1? Week 1? Did their player population play an non-TU version of Starcraft at all? Let alone 17 months after release? OR ONLY ON HALF OF ALL SERVERS, WHILE OTHERS WENT UNTOUCHED?
>
>
>
> > Since there are so many TU haters (apparently) I’m sure you can find a team of 8 no problem
>
> Again… cause apparently you thought it was just “blah blah blah”
>
> I do regularly have a party of 8 people. AND NOW US 8 CAN’T PLAY BTB WITH BEING FORCED TO CHOOSE TU OPTIONS.

Blizzard didn’t do a non-patch version because they don’t care about the whiners who won’t adapt to anything Bungie didn’t create.

4v4s in customs. Or run a full party of Rumble Pit or Team Slayer. You have matchmaking options.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Take all that rage that you’re feeling right now. Got it? Good, now think about that rage, multiply it by about 100. Now you know exactly how the REST of us felt when we woke up and realized that Reach was TERRIBLE compared to Halo 3, and that our beloved game series was now the laughing stock of the FPS community.

Shoe’s on the other foot now, bud.

Reach ruined the Halo name. That’s a fact. 343 is playing Good Guy Greg and trying to make the game better for everyone. By updating the game at all, they’re admitting that something wasn’t working with default Reach. They wouldn’t have updated it otherwise.

Be glad that they didn’t make the decision (like every other company on the face of the Earth would have) to just TU the entire game.

We have a playable Halo game again thanks to 343. Go play Team Slayer if you REALLY want to play with invincible Armor Lock, terrible bloom mechanics, and double-beatdown land.

>

You’re the one with ALL of the BTB options, while I have NONE, and I’M the one who’s greedy?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

> > > > Starcraft just had another update a few weeks back…thats been out a few years now, just saying.
> > >
> > > And when was their first TU? Day 1? Week 1? Did their player population play an non-TU version of Starcraft at all? Let alone 17 months after release? OR ONLY ON HALF OF ALL SERVERS, WHILE OTHERS WENT UNTOUCHED?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Since there are so many TU haters (apparently) I’m sure you can find a team of 8 no problem
> > >
> > > Again… cause apparently you thought it was just “blah blah blah”
> > >
> > > I do regularly have a party of 8 people. AND NOW US 8 CAN’T PLAY BTB WITH BEING FORCED TO CHOOSE TU OPTIONS.
> >
> > Blizzard didn’t do a non-patch version because they don’t care about the whiners who won’t adapt to anything Bungie didn’t create.
> >
> > 4v4s in customs. Or run a full party of Rumble Pit or Team Slayer.
> > Edited by a moderator.
>
> You’re the one with ALL of the BTB options, while I have NONE, and I’M the one who’s greedy?

I don’t complain about not being able to play 4v4 on community maps with TU settings. You have matchmaking options, still. 343 is changing the game, and you just can’t accept that fact. You were promised simply that default would be available, and it still in.

> > > > Starcraft just had another update a few weeks back…thats been out a few years now, just saying.
> > >
> > > And when was their first TU? Day 1? Week 1? Did their player population play an non-TU version of Starcraft at all? Let alone 17 months after release? OR ONLY ON HALF OF ALL SERVERS, WHILE OTHERS WENT UNTOUCHED?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Since there are so many TU haters (apparently) I’m sure you can find a team of 8 no problem
> > >
> > > Again… cause apparently you thought it was just “blah blah blah”
> > >
> > > I do regularly have a party of 8 people. AND NOW US 8 CAN’T PLAY BTB WITH BEING FORCED TO CHOOSE TU OPTIONS.
> >
> > Blizzard didn’t do a non-patch version because they don’t care about the whiners who won’t adapt to anything Bungie didn’t create.
> >
> > 4v4s in customs. Or run a full party of Rumble Pit or Team Slayer.
> >
> > Edited by a moderator
>
> You’re the one with ALL of the BTB options, while I have NONE, and I’M the one who’s greedy?

Customs

The only point I would agree with is the fact that I hate ZB, and liked the older pace fire system.