Dear 343i, an idea for your consideration:

Dear 343i,

I have an idea for Halo 6 that I would like you to give some honest consideration; The idea I like to call ‘an-emotions’:
This idea involves the use of the ‘up’ and ‘down’ of the D-pad, which would activate a second-or-two animation involving a hand gesture- ‘up’ being a positive gesture, and ‘down’ resulting in a negative one. This quick gesture would result in the lowering of the player’s weapon during the animation, resulting in being vulnerable (or rather, incapable of incurring damage); it may also hinder one’s ability to clamber- or perform other abilities, as well. Among the positive animated emotions, an-emotions, or gestures, rather, would be a simple thumb-up, a quick salute, or a Tiger Woods fist-pump, to name just a few. Some negative gestures might include a thumb-down, a Bruce Lee I-don’t-think-so finger-shake, or even a finger across the throat.
These animated gestures would be in a quick manner as to not have any negative impact on the flow of gameplay. Many of the gestures might even be un-lockables. Killing someone mid-gesture would earn a corresponding medal, too.
Consider this T-bagging ‘evolved’, where one could rub-it-in after a kill with a finger to the throat, or let a teamate you’re approaching know that the corpses down the hallway behind you are because of you. Mic or no mic, players could incorporate a snap, in-game emotion while dealing or being dealt destruction. The larger field given to machinima one could only imagine, too.
I’m not asking for some silly, Destiny dance moves here, but a quick and painless snap-expression that could add a little flare to multiplayer.
Also, I must add that one might consider this turning into something… irritating, perhaps. In light of this, as to avoid someone running through the map and game with constant gestures, only allow the gesture to be activated upon receiving a medal during gameplay open for only a certain amount of time, say after earning a Double or Triple Kill, or a Bulltrue or a Snapshot, for instance; the ability or opportunity to activate a gesture would only exist because of good or effective gameplay.

Thank you for your time and (hopefully) consideration.

A bunch of other games has that already,so I dont think Halo need that necessilary.

Emotes? Like in Destiny? I don’t know…

What is the point? I don’t want Halo to have claims like ‘you copied destiny aka Bungie’. Yeah there fun, but they aren’t necessary.

I know of no first person shooter that has a snap-gesture feature you can activate near my initial description. Destiny has some dance moves, which in my opinion hinder the flow and immersion of multiplayer. What I’ve described is quick and to the point. As for the point, or the comment regarding ‘pointless’, I’ve had friends tell me shooters and/or video games are pointless- if you’re lying on the floor and you have a moment during respawn where you can see the guy who just took you out and he runs a finger across his throat, that can get in your head even if he’s muted. I won’t go down the list of circumstances where this feature might add a little enhancement or flare to play.
There are many different Assassination animations- this would be an extension of that (expressive) concept, but quicker.

I want a middle finger gesture. Maybe a praise the sun one too.

> 2533275031939856;6:
> I want a middle finger gesture. Maybe a praise the sun one too.

I thought of that, too (except, the finger would be… obscured in some way).

Make it the Spartan Smile and youve got a deal

this idea would be good for team coordination too, although personally id limit it to one expression for in game use that the player can change in their customization menus and can use them actively but with a cool down(like abilities).

> 2533274972430429;4:
> What is the point? I don’t want Halo to have claims like ‘you copied destiny aka Bungie’. Yeah there fun, but they aren’t necessary.

Yup agreed whit you halo doesn’t need this kind of stuff

This is another example of what I like to call “just because it works in other games doesn’t mean it should be in Halo”. Now, I know that Halo has taken inspiration from other games to both its benefit and detriment in the past, but emotes in Halo just seems like an extra that doesn’t really help anything. I mean, it’s doesn’t feel like that kind of shooter to me. I suppose it wouldn’t be the end of the world, but if emotes in Halo were put to a vote, I’d say “nay”.

It’s not a stupid destiny dance, fellas’, it’s just a second-and-a-half Bruce Lee no-no finger… your opportunity to use it would last as long as your triple kill medal is on your screen. humping corpses has been in halo since ce- can’t we have something​ else?!

“An-emotions” as a taunt really do sound like a cool idea, especially after just killing someone and doing the finger across your throat thing (as you said earlier), but nobody (or at least very few people) are ever going to use them in these situations. This is the reason you don’t see emotes in other shooters like CS:GO, CoD and Battlefield, all of which are similar to Halo in the way that they are supposed to be serious and competitive games where you don’t stop for even a second to play an amusing or cool animation; unless like assassinations, it gives you extra points. Even then the ‘Turn of assassination’ button is in Halo 5 for a reason.

While I admire the pun, an-emotions simply put are just emotes. They aren’t going to be used in the described circumstances and they wouldn’t be used in the fun casual lobby circumstance either. They would be mostly useless animations that take up time of an already tedious development in a faced paced genre.

> 2533274882881665;13:
> “An-emotions” as a taunt really do sound like a cool idea, especially after just killing someone and doing the finger across your throat thing (as you said earlier), but nobody (or at least very few people) are ever going to use them in these situations. This is the reason you don’t see emotes in other shooters like CS:GO, CoD and Battlefield, all of which are similar to Halo in the way that they are supposed to be serious and competitive games where you don’t stop for even a second to play an amusing or cool animation; unless like assassinations, it gives you extra points. Even then the ‘Turn of assassination’ button is in Halo 5 for a reason.
>
> While I admire the pun, an-emotions simply put are just emotes. They aren’t going to be used in the described circumstances and they wouldn’t be used in the fun casual lobby circumstance either. They would be mostly useless animations that take up time of an already tedious development in a faced paced genre.

I do appreciate your attention, and your opinion. However, I have played some Destiny for some time (before I got completely bored- and Halo 5 came out (thank goodness)), and during multiplayer I would witness, on occasion, the stupid destiny dance. Now, respecting your opinion, I must wholeheartedly disagree; if players are willing to do some dance moves, keep and use their special assassination animations, and hump a corpse/ t-bag during gameplay, then I’m more than confident that snap-quick emotes would be used by a considerable amount of players. Again, the option to initiate the emote would be earned, and that window would be open for use for only a couple seconds or more, and that animation would only last inside two seconds.
I have even seen pros in HCS take a moment to t-bag or shoot a downed opponent on occasion- getting a reaction from the crowd; think of said finger-across-the throat instead. I think the feature would add some personal flare to multiplayer, and would be used more often than you think.

[deleted]

We already have the best one : teabagging. It’s not a pre-made animation, it’s an emote you have to create yourself ! But I guess if the animations are short and not too silly, and if they don’t take buttons away from the controller scheme 343i wants for Halo 6, I wouldn’t mind.

> 2533274796627268;14:
> > 2533274882881665;13:
> >
>
> I do appreciate your attention, and your opinion. However, I have played some Destiny for some time (before I got completely bored- and Halo 5 came out (thank goodness)), and during multiplayer I would witness, on occasion, the stupid destiny dance. Now, respecting your opinion, I must wholeheartedly disagree; if players are willing to do some dance moves, keep and use their special assassination animations, and hump a corpse/ t-bag during gameplay, then I’m more than confident that snap-quick emotes would be used by a considerable amount of players. Again, the option to initiate the emote would be earned, and that window would be open for use for only a couple seconds or more, and that animation would only last inside two seconds.
> I have even seen pros in HCS take a moment to t-bag or shoot a downed opponent on occasion- getting a reaction from the crowd; think of said finger-across-the throat instead. I think the feature would add some personal flare to multiplayer, and would be used more often than you think.

Even if the amount of people were to use it as you say, I don’t think the community feedback would exactly be positive. This thread is evdence enough that the community doesn’t agree with the concept, repeatedly relating emotes to Destiny (which a majority of Halo Fans despise) and other people will inevitable link the game into ripping off Overwatch somehow. It’d be an easily avoidable situation if 343 decide to just avoid emotes in general to seem like they are caring for the majority (the people in this thread disagreeing with you). It’s but down to simply, fans do not like the idea. It is considered an unoriginal concept made entirely for microtransactions.

> 2533274882881665;17:
> > 2533274796627268;14:
> > > 2533274882881665;13:
> > >
> >
> > I do appreciate your attention, and your opinion. However, I have played some Destiny for some time (before I got completely bored- and Halo 5 came out (thank goodness)), and during multiplayer I would witness, on occasion, the stupid destiny dance. Now, respecting your opinion, I must wholeheartedly disagree; if players are willing to do some dance moves, keep and use their special assassination animations, and hump a corpse/ t-bag during gameplay, then I’m more than confident that snap-quick emotes would be used by a considerable amount of players. Again, the option to initiate the emote would be earned, and that window would be open for use for only a couple seconds or more, and that animation would only last inside two seconds.
> > I have even seen pros in HCS take a moment to t-bag or shoot a downed opponent on occasion- getting a reaction from the crowd; think of said finger-across-the throat instead. I think the feature would add some personal flare to multiplayer, and would be used more often than you think.
>
> Even if the amount of people were to use it as you say, I don’t think the community feedback would exactly be positive. This thread is evdence enough that the community doesn’t agree with the concept, repeatedly relating emotes to Destiny (which a majority of Halo Fans despise) and other people will inevitable link the game into ripping off Overwatch somehow. It’d be an easily avoidable situation if 343 decide to just avoid emotes in general to seem like they are caring for the majority (the people in this thread disagreeing with you). It’s but down to simply, fans do not like the idea. It is considered an unoriginal concept made entirely for microtransactions.

Custom, chosen assassination animations can be turned off, and, thusly, not used- the same can be said for snap-emotes.
At the very least I submitted a concept/ idea for some consideration.
I would be curious to hear if anything regarding my concept would/ could be tested in some form or another, and then players could see, feel- experience the concept during gameplay, beyond text and watery comparisons to other games.
Thanks again for your respectful counter-input.

I like my D-Pad used for (1) switching between my 'nades [left + right], (2) replacing grenades with a deployable equipment item [up] and (3) I’d like to see the “down” button used for toggling on/off the Stabilizer mechanic’s direct tie to the Smart-Link feature, so that players can alter it’s functional “use” method on the fly within a match.

> 2533274907200114;8:
> Make it the Spartan Smile and youve got a deal

Hell Ya! The Spartan smile would be awesome! But was it only something the Spartan IIs did? I forgot. Also having a middle finger emote wouldn’t need to be obscured, just make the game rated M…again.