Dear 343, we are making AWESOMENESS.

I am currently working on a big machinima project with the help of the guys over at machinimacentral.com. I wanted to know if, upon completion, we’d be allowed to sell DVD’s or get some form of profit out of it. If not, would you consider placing it on halo waypoint as it will be awesome. We are remaking (with changes to fit the halo storyline) Seven Samurai. Also, if possible, can you come out with a TU at some point that allows weapon lowering in custom games or at least make the button down on the d pad, it would help immensly. Thank you.

we?

> I am currently working on a big machinima project with the help of the guys over at machinimacentral.com. I wanted to know if, upon completion, we’d be allowed to sell DVD’s or get some form of profit out of it. If not, would you consider placing it on halo waypoint as it will be awesome. We are remaking (with changes to fit the halo storyline) Seven Samurai. Also, if possible, <mark>can you come out with a TU at some point that allows weapon lowering in custom games or at least make the button down on the d pad</mark>, it would help immensly. Thank you.

not gonna happen

It’ll probably get posted on the site at best. And no profit for you. It’s a property of 343/Bungie/MS. All rights go to them unless you’re a legit part of the team(s) or a subsidiary.

The fact that you’re already “remaking” something is ebbing on the line of copyrighting.

In order to profit, you’d have to come up with an original concept AND get permission from the studios beforehand to use any likeness’ and so on.

> It’ll probably get posted on the site at best. And no profit for you. It’s a property of 343/Bungie/MS. All rights go to them unless you’re a legit part of the team(s) or a subsidiary.
>
> The fact that you’re already “remaking” something is ebbing on the line of copyrighting.
>
> In order to profit, you’d have to come up with an original concept AND get permission from the studios beforehand to use any likeness’ and so on.

Pretty much nailed it right there.

> > It’ll probably get posted on the site at best. And no profit for you. It’s a property of 343/Bungie/MS. All rights go to them unless you’re a legit part of the team(s) or a subsidiary.
> >
> > The fact that you’re already “remaking” something is ebbing on the line of copyrighting.
> >
> > In order to profit, you’d have to come up with an original concept AND get permission from the studios beforehand to use any likeness’ and so on.
>
> Pretty much nailed it right there.

It’s not that different than YouTube rights with using songs on videos. So long as it’s not being distributed without due credit AND without profiting, I don’t see the harm in getting it on the site. Your S.O.L. with your other suggestions though.

This movie is essentially on the creative commons, it gets remade all the time. And Rooster Teeth can sell DVD’s, it’s about time someone breaks the monopoly. We meaning the website, we need the funds to advertise the site anyway.

I think you’ll want to get in contact with someone at 343 about this (I would suggest sending angel a private message here, or on twitter, since part of her purpose is to be a point of contact for the studio if people have questions…I think). I will say that it’s unlikely, but if your machinima is really good, it’s possible. I know that Rooster Teeth are the only people who have been granted that privilege thus far.

Good Luck!

Is your machinima going to be as awesome as this one?

“HALO: Eye of the Storm”

That was what we are going for. Serious, badass, and long. Our film will likely be much longer than that. The movie we are basing it on is three and a half hours long.