Dear 343: Thank You

I just watched the damnation gameplay and nearly cried. at first i thought I was just watching some gameplay on a new map, which looks awesome by the way. But then you picked up the DMR and I saw that the communities prayers were answered. To see that gun fired, and the reticle not expand absolutely brightened my day. I felt a since of great joy as the gun was fired and the bullet remained completely accurate. Though some might think its overpowered, I think it has become more skill based. Think about it. Now you have to be accurate. Bloom could screw your shots up and frustrate you, but often times it can also help you if you are sluggish with your aim. Now, I can finally 5 shot someone in a skillful fashion and tell myself, that happened because my aim was flawless. So thank you 343 for fixing bloom. I also saw some other stuff in there I liked. I believe I saw some bleedthrough melee when you hit him with the plasma rifle ( which is awesome), and i think I saw some nerfage to armor lock.

So thanks. :slight_smile:

I agree. I can’t wait for this!

you havne’t played it yet so i wouldn’t quite jump the gun and say its fixed…BTW it wasn’t broken

let the flames begin

> I just watched the damnation gameplay and nearly cried. at first i thought I was just watching some gameplay on a new map, which looks awesome by the way. But then you picked up the DMR and I saw that the communities prayers were answered. To see that gun fired, and the reticle not expand absolutely brightened my day. I felt a since of great joy as the gun was fired and the bullet remained completely accurate. Though some might think its overpowered, I think it has become more skill based. Think about it. Now you have to be accurate. Bloom could screw your shots up and frustrate you, but often times it can also help you if you are sluggish with your aim. Now, I can finally 5 shot someone in a skillful fashion and tell myself, that happened because my aim was flawless. So thank you 343 for fixing bloom. I also saw some other stuff in there I liked. I believe I saw some bleedthrough melee when you hit him with the plasma rifle ( which is awesome), and i think I saw some nerfage to armor lock.
>
>
> So thanks. :slight_smile:

really? i kind off liked bloom i thinked it forced you to pick your shots and made the gameplay with the dmr a little more skill based in terms of keeping your gun accurate. Also you feel great when you get lucky and all your shots hit when you -Yoink!- out at close range with the dmr and you get a nice kill

Removing bloom completely destroys the skill gap in Reach.

> > I just watched the damnation gameplay and nearly cried. at first i thought I was just watching some gameplay on a new map, which looks awesome by the way. But then you picked up the DMR and I saw that the communities prayers were answered. To see that gun fired, and the reticle not expand absolutely brightened my day. I felt a since of great joy as the gun was fired and the bullet remained completely accurate. Though some might think its overpowered, I think it has become more skill based. Think about it. Now you have to be accurate. Bloom could screw your shots up and frustrate you, but often times it can also help you if you are sluggish with your aim. Now, I can finally 5 shot someone in a skillful fashion and tell myself, that happened because my aim was flawless. So thank you 343 for fixing bloom. I also saw some other stuff in there I liked. I believe I saw some bleedthrough melee when you hit him with the plasma rifle ( which is awesome), and i think I saw some nerfage to armor lock.
> >
> >
> > So thanks. :slight_smile:
>
> really? i kind off liked bloom i thinked it forced you to pick your shots and made the gameplay with the dmr a little more skill based in terms of keeping your gun accurate. Also you feel great when you get lucky and all your shots hit when you -Yoink!- out at close range with the dmr and you get a nice kill

Well, I mean, you always have the other Reach playlists that feature bloom. It’s always gonna be there so you dont have to worry. I, on the other hand, am absolutely ecstatic when I saw the bleed through melee and bloomless DMR and I think I am absolutely gonna love the new classic playlists.

> > I just watched the damnation gameplay and nearly cried. at first i thought I was just watching some gameplay on a new map, which looks awesome by the way. But then you picked up the DMR and I saw that the communities prayers were answered. To see that gun fired, and the reticle not expand absolutely brightened my day. I felt a since of great joy as the gun was fired and the bullet remained completely accurate. Though some might think its overpowered, I think it has become more skill based. Think about it. Now you have to be accurate. Bloom could screw your shots up and frustrate you, but often times it can also help you if you are sluggish with your aim. Now, I can finally 5 shot someone in a skillful fashion and tell myself, that happened because my aim was flawless. So thank you 343 for fixing bloom. I also saw some other stuff in there I liked. I believe I saw some bleedthrough melee when you hit him with the plasma rifle ( which is awesome), and i think I saw some nerfage to armor lock.
> >
> >
>
> really? i kind off liked bloom i thinked it forced you to pick your shots and made the gameplay with the dmr a little more skill based in terms of keeping your gun accurate. Also you feel great when you get lucky and all your shots hit when you -Yoink!- out at close range with the dmr and you get a nice kill

That’s the point though; it doesn’t force you to pick your shots. It’s just Spam, Spam, Spam. The idea of Bloom is great but the implementation is just a cluster-ball of big ol’ Yoink! if you ask me.

> you havne’t played it yet so i wouldn’t quite jump the gun and say its fixed…BTW it wasn’t broken
>
> let the flames begin

Bloom was designed to reward pacers, however those who spam can still get away with it short to medium range, and get lucky medium to long range. I call that broken.

> >
> >
>

I don’t feel good when I do that. When i -Yoink!- out and get 5 cqc shots I think to myself, poor guy, the bloom just wasn’t in his favor. Nothing should be as random as bloom, Now it is all skill based. I can’t wait

Semi-automatic DMR spazzes ftw. This is going to be great. :smiley:

Yeah its just best to remove it then to try and improve on it because no matter how much you improve it, there are always going to be some majority of players that will complain. I still think though they are going to fix the bloom for the regular reach playlists but remove it from the classic playlists. That would be great.

If they remove bloom, I hope that they at least change the rate of fire.

> Removing bloom completely destroys the skill gap in Reach.

Its not removed in every gun. for example the Assault rifle still bloomed. And also bleedthrough is back so cqc weapons like the AR/ plasma Rifle are not useless anymore. Now you have to remain completely accurate with your DMR to get the kill, there is no bloom to compencate for your innacuracy and you can’t get lucky any more.

> > > I just watched the damnation gameplay and nearly cried. at first i thought I was just watching some gameplay on a new map, which looks awesome by the way. But then you picked up the DMR and I saw that the communities prayers were answered. To see that gun fired, and the reticle not expand absolutely brightened my day. I felt a since of great joy as the gun was fired and the bullet remained completely accurate. Though some might think its overpowered, I think it has become more skill based. Think about it. Now you have to be accurate. Bloom could screw your shots up and frustrate you, but often times it can also help you if you are sluggish with your aim. Now, I can finally 5 shot someone in a skillful fashion and tell myself, that happened because my aim was flawless. So thank you 343 for fixing bloom. I also saw some other stuff in there I liked. I believe I saw some bleedthrough melee when you hit him with the plasma rifle ( which is awesome), and i think I saw some nerfage to armor lock.
> > >
> > >
> > > So thanks. :slight_smile:
> >
> > really? i kind off liked bloom i thinked it forced you to pick your shots and made the gameplay with the dmr a little more skill based in terms of keeping your gun accurate. Also you feel great when you get lucky and all your shots hit when you -Yoink!- out at close range with the dmr and you get a nice kill
>
> I don’t feel good when I do that. When i -Yoink!- out and get 5 cqc shots I think to myself, poor guy, the bloom just wasn’t in his favor. Nothing should be as random as bloom, Now it is all skill based. I can’t wait

yea maybe it does kinda suck to be that bloom victim but hey its just one death and if that person was on a running riot or something he probably would be smart enough not to get in your face anyway so its not like you’d be ruining a spree

Yeah Beaver Creek looks very interesting.

Thank you 343. Also, I believe the DMR might be 4sk with damage bleedthru, and many other people have been saying this too.

> Thank you 343. Also, I believe the DMR might be 4sk with damage bleedthru, and many other people have been saying this too.

Nope. Watch the video at 4:16. He misses the first shot but then hits with the second and does a 5sk on bs angel. Watch closely.

The weekly bulletin videos on Damnation showed some gamplay of bloom-less DMR which looks great! And the beat-down with the plasma rifle was bleed-through, fantastic!

On behalf of my high school Halo team, thank you so much for helping recover Reach. Reach, at it’s beginning, discouraged many players with non-classic gameplay aspects. With the absence of a title update from Bungie, things looked grim. But then 343 industries takes over and really gives Reach lovers what they deserve. Thank you so much!

MFROG5

TakedownTick50

ShdwOfTheNite95

StubbyGiraffe21

Our faith in you from the beginning has never ceased. Halo is in good hands.

> Removing bloom completely destroys the skill gap in Reach.

I’m inclined to agree, I’m not going to completely judge it 'til I can experience it for myself though.
I think it stands a good chance that 343i essentially just recreated Halo 3’s immensely overpower BR :confused:

And bleedthrough damage should not have come back, if the people who aren’t fans of no-bleed-through melee don’t like Sprint/pummel as it is now, it’s only going to be worse with bleedthrough damage.

> I just watched the damnation gameplay and nearly cried. at first i thought I was just watching some gameplay on a new map, which looks awesome by the way. But then you picked up the DMR and I saw that the communities prayers were answered. To see that gun fired, and the reticle not expand absolutely brightened my day. I felt a since of great joy as the gun was fired and the bullet remained completely accurate. Though some might think its overpowered, I think it has become more skill based. Think about it. Now you have to be accurate. Bloom could screw your shots up and frustrate you, but often times it can also help you if you are sluggish with your aim. Now, I can finally 5 shot someone in a skillful fashion and tell myself, that happened because my aim was flawless. So thank you 343 for fixing bloom. I also saw some other stuff in there I liked. I believe I saw some bleedthrough melee when you hit him with the plasma rifle ( which is awesome), and i think I saw some nerfage to armor lock.
>
>
> So thanks. :slight_smile:

I feel the same way OP.

Thanks <343i