Dear 343 Industries (Forge)

This forum is to discuss what we feel forge should incorporate in Halo 5 Guardians. If you do have any suggestions please be reasonable, meaning being able to spawn the UNSC Infinity is out of the question.

When posting your ideas, please make it easy for people to see what your post will include e.g.

  • Structures- Forge mechanics- Vehicles- Weapons- Gadgets- Scenery- SpawningBefore creating your post please put one of these subtitles before it e.g. Gadgets- Super kill ball. It is recommended that you list your requests in bullet point form and try not to repeat yourself or other people, however expanding on other peoples ideas is strongly encouraged. Have fun and play nice.

I really, really, really want to see a Forge map set “on” a Halo with a space sky box like Impact had! The forge map could be High Charity, a Covenant starship, or a Forerunner Halo space facility… but just having a sky box with space/ stars and a HALO in it would make some GREAT looking forge maps!

I think changeable object textures is a really critical feature to get into Halo 5’s forge.

I would like to see some basic terrain editing features but at the same time I would rather see 343 Industries put that time and budget into Halo 5’s campaign and multiplayer instead of Forge, even though I love Forge.

I believe that forge has allowed the halo games to live much longer lives than if they hadn’t. Therefore it is crucial that 343 Industries gets it right when creating it for Halo 5 Guardians. The community that surrounds halo would be a mere fragment of what it currently is without forge. Custom games have allowed people to come back to each halo game for mindless fun, however custom games on their own limit the community by what they can do. Since halo 4 released there has been a significant lack of Halo based machinimas( with the exception of RvB). I believe the reason behind this is that Halo 4’s forge environments weren’t big enough, and they lacked interesting terrain for forgers to be creative with. Forge island was good as a flat canvas, but it didn’'t encourage people to explore and discover, not like forge world.

Forge spaces- Forge world was the best feature in Halo Reach because it gave people a bunch of different play-spaces in one map and encouraged different types of maps to be built in those areas, halo 4 limited you with the styles that was incorporated into the maps.

Structures- Trying to build a covenant ship on impact was impossible because all of the pieces had been branded with the UNSC logo all over them, and in that way you were restricted by what you could build because if you built something that incorporated a different theme, it just wouldn’t look right.

Does anyone agree with me?

> 2533274807450646;2:
> I really, really, really want to see a Forge map set “on” a Halo with a space sky box like Impact had! The forge map could be High Charity, a Covenant starship, or a Forerunner Halo space facility… but just having a sky box with space/ stars and a HALO in it would make some GREAT looking forge maps!
>
> I think changeable object textures is a really critical feature to get into Halo 5’s forge.
>
> I would like to see some basic terrain editing features but at the same time I would rather see 343 Industries put that time and budget into Halo 5’s campaign and multiplayer instead of Forge, even though I love Forge.

Or they could create a forge world which has an extremely high skybox which can allow people to leave the rings atmosphere and go into an impact style space.

With what we know about Forge in Halo 2 Anniversary, it’s pretty clear to me that if Forge is ever to evolve (rather than getting a small upgrade), we NEED a terrain editor. I’m not sure what tag to give this.

Another thing that would be incredibly useful (and I made this up way back, after Reach) is custom objects- the ability to stick some objects together, save them and add them to a separate list of Forge items. You should also be able to save and upload these items to your File Share, so everyone gets to use your awesome creations. For instance, if you managed to make an awesome Frigate replica, people will be able to download it and place it in the scenery of their maps. It’s not a fleshed out idea, but it has loads of potential.

Another big request: pallets get really dull really quickly. It would be nice to be able to build structures with multiple textures, to allow for more varied maps. I’m talking: UNSC, wooden, Forerunner, sandstone, ice, destroyed cement, viney stone, Covenant… that kind of thing. Having two or three textures or at least one unique one per map would be nice.

And more natural objects would be great.

> 2533274846978810;5:
> Having two or three textures or at least one unique one per map would be nice.
>
>
>
> > 2533274846978810;5:
> > Having two or three textures or at least one unique one per map would be nice.
>
> That’s like what they did in Halo 4 but they had pieces which matched the theme of the map, which limited the creative abilities of many forgers because the texture wasn’t right, it was difficult to build forerunner structures in halo 4 because all of the pieces were branded “UNSC”.
>
> If they gave you an option to change the texture (like you said) but in a similar way to how you change an objects colour, but it would give you the different textures you could go with and even add more as DLC after the games initial launch.

I think that we obviously need a Forge World like in Reach but I think it would be awesome to have multiple versions of that map such as the default version, a winter version, and a night version. It allows us to change the atmosphere of the map. Sure we had the effect gadgets but it wasn’t truly nighttime. I also think that placing transport and civilian type vehicles in forge would greatly benefit things like custom games and machinima. Another feature that should be added is spawnable AI. AI would dramatically change some custom games by adding a new layer of enemies, allies, or even wildlife types to the match. More natural forge pieces are welcome too. Any map can be changed just by adding a few caves or trees somewhere. The last thing I would like to mention are items that we can interact with. Imagine having a door that you could open or close as you walk through it. Or a bridge that can move up or down. This feature could also add to the possibilities of maps out there, changing all gamemodes These are just Ideas and they need better explaining than what I said here so feel free to build on this or revise any of these ideas.

To sum it up:
Weather and Time of Day Effects
Transport(Troop Warthog) and Civilian Vehicles (Such as those in Reach Campaign)
Spawnable AI
Natural Pieces
Interactable Objects

> 2554050324404067;7:
> Weather and Time of Day Effects
> Transport(Troop Warthog) and Civilian Vehicles (Such as those in Reach Campaign)
> Spawnable AI
> Natural Pieces
> Interactable Objects

I think 343 may do something like that considering that they are basically doing this in MCC, but I see your point, intractable environments would be amazing. I do believe there is a mod in halo 4 which basically mimics things like intractable doors and such.

For me, it’s all about the environment.

I don’t care if they have 3 or 4 unique forge-designated maps with unique skyboxes, or if they have only one forge-designated map with full customization over environment/skybox, but I swear, if there is only one forge map for this game like there was for Reach I’m gonna lose it. I got super tired of seeing that earthy/metallic vibe of Forge World. Something like an ice-based map, a human city-based map, a covenant ship-based map, a jungle-based map, etc. These unique environments are desperately needed for forge variety, and so I would suggest that 343 puts some resources towards having at least 3 unique skyboxes designated strictly for forge.

I know 343 is trying to make halo awesome, and they are doing great, but i feel like forge has been neglected. forge should have far more customizable features. they should give each map multiple environments, less limits! perhaps AI spawn points. That could AIs could be given level of health, rank, weapon, difficulty, teams, and assigned to perform specific roles if necessary.

More structure should be included. perhaps objects with more mechanics, like an elevator object, with a switch that could be set on a channel, a door that could be set with a motion sensor, or channel. I really think 343 should put far more focus into forge.

> 2533274814585467;10:
> I know 343 is trying to make halo awesome, and they are doing great, but i feel like forge has been neglected. forge should have far more customizable features. they should give each map multiple environments, less limits! perhaps AI spawn points. That could AIs could be given level of health, rank, weapon, difficulty, teams, and assigned to perform specific roles if necessary.
>
> More structure should be included. perhaps objects with more mechanics, like an elevator object, with a switch that could be set on a channel, a door that could be set with a motion sensor, or channel. I really think 343 should put far more focus into forge.

Agree

There are plenty of halo 4 mods with similar mechanics as to those who have mentioned, proving that such an idea is not impossible, neither improbable and all that it requires is some fine tuning for it to work perfectly, they should get the ideas made by the modders e.g. Door opening mechanic with use of channels, then refine them, so that they look like the are apart of the game.

> 2533274807450646;2:
> I really, really, really want to see a Forge map set “on” a Halo with a space sky box like Impact had! The forge map could be High Charity, a Covenant starship, or a Forerunner Halo space facility… but just having a sky box with space/ stars and a HALO in it would make some GREAT looking forge maps!
>
> I think changeable object textures is a really critical feature to get into Halo 5’s forge.
>
> I would like to see some basic terrain editing features but at the same time I would rather see 343 Industries put that time and budget into Halo 5’s campaign and multiplayer instead of Forge, even though I love Forge.

The Ascension remake in MCC is forgeable, so maybe that’ll be a good place to test out this idea. It’s almost exactly what you described.

the ability to edit how powerful a specific gun or vehicle is

no invisible wall at the top of the map so we can have our own skybox map with any backround from the maps in H5

SAME CONTROLS AND SIMPLICITY AS REACH!!! you could not have done worse with H4’s forge

the ability to remove weapons and possibly boosts from specific vehicles
an object thats titled “AI” and once you open it it will have a little AI stand (like cortanas in front of chief’s cryo tube) and it will have a hologram of a completely generic AI and you can change the color of it.

character models that you can make “active” or “inactive” so it can either be like a statue or say be on red or blue team. it should pay a serious toll on the forge budget so people wont spam it.

We need more than one good open forge world i.e. forge island. What if there were like 5 forge worlds to make structures on?

If they just gave us the choice, that would be nice

I’m expecting great new forge features after seeing the stuff being done in H2A forge

> 2533274996102671;3:
> I believe that forge has allowed the halo games to live much longer lives than if they hadn’t. Therefore it is crucial that 343 Industries gets it right when creating it for Halo 5 Guardians. The community that surrounds halo would be a mere fragment of what it currently is without forge. Custom games have allowed people to come back to each halo game for mindless fun, however custom games on their own limit the community by what they can do. Since halo 4 released there has been a significant lack of Halo based machinimas( with the exception of RvB). I believe the reason behind this is that Halo 4’s forge environments weren’t big enough, and they lacked interesting terrain for forgers to be creative with. Forge island was good as a flat canvas, but it didn’'t encourage people to explore and discover, not like forge world.
>
> Forge spaces- Forge world was the best feature in Halo Reach because it gave people a bunch of different play-spaces in one map and encouraged different types of maps to be built in those areas, halo 4 limited you with the styles that was incorporated into the maps.
>
> Structures- Trying to build a covenant ship on impact was impossible because all of the pieces had been branded with the UNSC logo all over them, and in that way you were restricted by what you could build because if you built something that incorporated a different theme, it just wouldn’t look right.
>
> Does anyone agree with me?

More big forge maps please!

Environments

Tundra
Dessert
Grassland

Weather

Snow
rain
Sandstorm

Time of day

Dawn
Dusk
Midday
Midnight