Dealing w/ quitters

More of a comment than anything.
Win or lose…why do players quit in the middle of a match?
i think 343 needs to deal w/ quitters in a more serious manner…i just completed an arena match by my self(my 3 teammates bailed on me.)
And trying not to toot my own horn…the winning team didn’t even get to 50 pts.
If you don’t like losing matches…just don’t play them,just suck it up and deal w/ it.

I think 343 should ‘reward’ those whose teammeates quit on them. Something like giving the person who stayed the rp/xp the quitters wouldve gotten

> 2535424465548988;2:
> I think 343 should ‘reward’ those whose teammeates quit on them. Something like giving the person who stayed the rp/xp the quitters wouldve gotten

Like that idea.

I think you should get like a 10 minute ban, basically the same thing they have now but after that if you continue to quit you het banned from playing ranked for the rest of the season

well, sometimes life happens outside of the xbox, sometimes connections drop (lots of times) and sometimes people just quit.

There should be a surrender option when a team has had quitters, if three remain all need to vote, same with two, if you’re alone the decision is yours, it’s an idea that’s rumbled around the forum for some time now. It’s an excellent idea imo.

> 2533274959808298;1:
> If you don’t like losing matches…just don’t play them.

That’s the master plan.

> 2533274826090763;5:
> well, sometimes life happens outside of the xbox, sometimes connections drop (lots of times) and sometimes people just quit.

True.

A wise man once answered the question of why people quit:

Because they cannot handle the pressure. They give up. They Surrender. They are scum. BLAM 2016.

People are just so selfish. They see absolutely no problem with leaving games.

They convince themselves they’re awesome at halo and anytime they’re losing, they blame everyone except themselves and feel justified in quitting.

i had a friend who was like it. Would play previous halo’s bigteam all day, teabagging noobs, telling people to quit games, abusing people through messages, but guess what he’d do as soon as he’d come up against somebody better than him? Yip, he’d dashboard it, blaming lag, cheaters, anything other than the enemy were better than him!
Well he can’t get away with that anymore and I’m glad about that.

OP, I had a game on overgrowth the other day where 3 of my team left. I stayed, lost, roughly 36 - 29 but I made two of them go neg and I only went neg 1, that felt like a victory to me :slight_smile:

sometimes, the game is at fault for booting etc but if you’ve never quit then you shouldn’t get a ban. If however you like to quit on occasion then when you do get booted/disconnected there’s more chance you’ll recieve a deserved ban. I have -Yoink- Internet and never recieved a ban (hint: I’ve never quit a game)

keep reporting all quitters.

what’s worse, having quitters in your team or ppl that start the matchmaking and then stay AFK for the whole damn match?

> 2533274872250276;10:
> what’s worse, having quitters in your team or ppl that start the matchmaking and then stay AFK for the whole damn match?

They wouldn’t stay afk for long. they’d get booted for idling. Regardless, it’s not a matter of which is worse, both are scummy. Just play the game.