Deadlock is the worst BTB map

Every time I play deadlock on BTB I despise the map more and more. It seems way too small for BTB. The sightlines are ridiculously long (so much so that you can practically stay at your base and shoot the other team while they’re at their base) and if you get anywhere near the middle you are completely exposed to the multiple higher-elevation parts of the map. I feel like the addition of wasps just makes the spawn trapping that so often occurs on deadlock even worse, even though they can be shot down fairly easily. I really wish actual maps that were made for BTB BR starts were added instead of what we have now. Were any of these maps even intended for BR starts? I honestly can’t see how they would be, and I believe it is why a lot of people want magnum starts. Personally I’d rather have the BR but with these maps it just doesn’t feel right when you can kill someone across bases with your starting weapon. Anyone agree?

Not really
I like deadlock because of how much easy it is to drive things around the map with a minimum of obstacles (at least compared to other maps)

Deadlock is one of my favorites, I always shout with glee when it comes up. It has so much Halo goodness packed into a map. Hogs, ghosts, splasers, rockets, invis, it all makes me happy! I don’t think it needed wasps, but everyone in my Spartan Company seems thrilled about them.

> 2535452416213566;2:
> Not really
> I like deadlock because of how much easy it is to drive things around the map with a minimum of obstacles (at least compared to other maps)

There’s hardly any space to drive the vehicles around in anyway… And “how much easy it is to drive things around” seems irrelevant since its not hard to maneuver the vehicles in the first place.

> 2533274953121424;4:
> > 2535452416213566;2:
> > Not really
> > I like deadlock because of how much easy it is to drive things around the map with a minimum of obstacles (at least compared to other maps)
>
>
> There’s hardly any space to drive the vehicles around in anyway… And “how much easy it is to drive things around” seems irrelevant since its not hard to maneuver the vehicles in the first place.

I just think that compared to other maps it has a lot more space.
I’m not sure which one I have the biggest problem with (think that it is gridlock) but there are other maps that are way harder to drive a vehicle around on

> 2533274803493024;3:
> Deadlock is one of my favorites, I always shout with glee when it comes up. It has so much Halo goodness packed into a map. Hogs, ghosts, splasers, rockets, invis, it all makes me happy! I don’t think it needed wasps, but everyone in my Spartan Company seems thrilled about them.

I agree that the map has good vehicles/weapons/powerups (besides the wasp obviously) but I don’t think that the power weapons and other stuff makes up for how awful the actual map design feels with BR starts. I think it would be a great map if BTB started with magnums as it would allow for people to actually walk a couple meters before getting shot at from every possible angle there is. My main point is that a lot of these maps don’t feel right when everyone starts with laser beam accurate BRs.

I never liked standoff in H3 so I’m with you on this

I disagree. Recurve has the title of being the worst.