Dead gamer tags

Its nice to see Halo waypoint bringing together the stats from all the halo games. But lets keep in mind halo is ten years old, many of us have played under multiple gamer tags over the years. I don’t know if it is possible, but it would be cool if we could bring in all the stats from our dead gamer tags as well.

Play on them on recent games like Reach, and the stats will be on here.

The old Gamer tag is dead, i don’t want to revive it, just have the stats grouped together. I played H2 and H3 for 3 years under one gamer tag then have played H3 , ODST, WARS, & REACH on this one.

Yeah, that would be interesting to see.

I have everything on one gamer tag. I just hope Halo Way Point updates your name if you change it unlike b.net it stays with the original.

> The old Gamer tag is dead, i don’t want to revive it, just have the stats grouped together. I played H2 and H3 for 3 years under one gamer tag then have played H3 , ODST, WARS, & REACH on this one.

Oh I see, sadly its unlikely to happen, it would be annoying as if someone’s account was compromised, their stats could be combined with the hacker.

> > The old Gamer tag is dead, i don’t want to revive it, just have the stats grouped together. I played H2 and H3 for 3 years under one gamer tag then have played H3 , ODST, WARS, & REACH on this one.
>
> Oh I see, sadly its unlikely to happen, it would be annoying as if someone’s account was compromised, their stats could be combined with the hacker.

That could get pretty bad. Never thought of that while i was reading his comment…

I suppose that could be an issue for some, but no one would steal MY stats. Back in the day you couldn’t change your gamer tag without a new profile altogether. Since then they have changed that, but i have been playing live since shortly after it come out. My stats aren’t good but they are mine, would also be nice to see if i have gotten any better or worse over the years, like a stat that reflected the kd ratio monthly. As it is, all the stats get rapped up into the group so one can not see improvement. or how much a month off hurts performance.

Maybe it’ll prompt you for the email and password of the Windows Live ID linked to that Xbox account, and provided you know the details it can combine it into another account.

You could edit together a thread in the “roll call” portion of the forum with all the gamertags.

If I may, I would like to add, it would be cool if all the inactive tags could be cleared, so that some of the names could be reactivated.

Good idea!