Deactivating certifications

Everyone at the start of the game is so focused on certifications but the further you get the more you realize how useless they really are. If you get all the certifications then isn’t that just like square one where you have none. It would be cool if we could activate and deactivate certifications so that the are actually useful. Of course a certification for a rarer req will help less than a cert for a common req.

Discuss

if this was a thing people would only keep mythic certs on

I wouldn’t mind it, that is, if they’d ever consider doing so.

At the very least, they should let us do it to commons and uncommons, I get a little tired of getting every variant of the scout hog.

> 2535415305234137;1:
> Everyone at the start of the game is so focused on certifications but the further you get the more you realize how useless they really are. If you get all the certifications then isn’t that just like square one where you have none. It would be cool if we could activate and deactivate certifications so that the are actually useful. Of course a certification for a rarer req will help less than a cert for a common req.
>
> Discuss

then I would deactivate every cert except whiplash and answer. op much lol

This would be abused so much though. As nekrulz says he would just activate reqs that are good. There’s nothing stopping someone from just deactivating all their reqs except for something like a phaeton, buy a gold pack, get like 8 phaetons, repeat, then doing the same thing for another req they want.

i never said deactivate reqs. Just the certs so that you get less. I also specifically stated the rarer the item the less the cert will do. If you have only certed a nornfang then it wont do much. At this point there aren’t any point in certs. If you cert a whiplash then you will get more of those but not only or considerably more of those.

That’s what I mean by deactivating the reqs. And they’re still going to be guaranteed to get the req if you isolate it, regardless of how many they end up getting.

> 2533274808132968;7:
> That’s what I mean by deactivating the reqs. And they’re still going to be guaranteed to get the req if you isolate it, regardless of how many they end up getting.

that’s why like I said the rarer the req the less the cert does. If it is a nornfang then the chances will be barely better. All it is, is to actually give certs a purpose or at least feel like a purpose and decrease the scout hogs (and stuff like them).

ill put it this way. If you open a gold pack and the first thing you get is a nornfang cert you wont always get a nornfang. If this was the case then when you get a common cert that would be ALL you get because they are common as it is. Does this happen? No.

I still don’t get what you’re trying to go with this. It just sounds like the system we already have in place, except we can choose to “boost” a certain cert or we can remove a cert as if we never got it, but still have that random chance like we do in daily wins where we can randomly get some weapon we don’t already have the cert for. Also, the reason we don’t get as many commons is because they aren’t as… common as the other rarities. There’s more rares and uncommons, etc than commons. and we can’t get commons from gold packs

don’t think of it as boost but decrease the chance of worse reqs. Maybe we could go the other way and make it so that you could only disable a few certs. All I’m trying to do is give the certs a purpose my idea may have flaws but if you have a better idea please tell me (not trying to be insulting I would genuinely like to hear it)

So what you’re saying is we can choose to turn an uncommon certification into a rare one if we don’t want as much of it? Personally I think the system is fine the way it is, with what it’s main focus is on. I’d prefer if aesthetic items weren’t in the same RNG status but microtansactions are just too powerful to not be taken advantage of.

Disagree because everyone would deactivate the lesser used stuff and get the OP stuff. You are suppose to try everything so keep the packs random.

> 2535415305234137;6:
> i never said deactivate reqs. Just the certs so that you get less. I also specifically stated the rarer the item the less the cert will do. If you have only certed a nornfang then it wont do much. At this point there aren’t any point in certs. If you cert a whiplash then you will get more of those but not only or considerably more of those.

Once you have everything you get 6,000 back for your gold packs, I was able to get 15 gold packs with 45k… Once you get to that point you can get a sh*t load of reqs. I was able to get several nornfangs in one day… :slight_smile:

It’s fine as it is. Cannot remember the last time I got a mongoose from a gold pack, o yeah, never.

Would be cool

Rarities exist for a reason: it’s what keeps this game from becoming P2W. Even if I have every Certification, someone who has much less than me could get the same REQs from their next Gold Pack that I do, because the Uncommon Certs will drop more often than Legendary Certs. It evens the playing field as much as you can, and tends to work most of the time. If I could guarantee myself a Nornfang in every Gold Pack, even if I only get one per pack, I would always have the advantage, and those who buy Gold Packs with cash money could have a surplus of weapons or vehicles that most “legitimate” players will never see for a long time. That’s Pay to Win, and like it or not, RNG is the only thing preventing Halo 5 from becoming a P2W game.