De-spawn Strategy for MCC H2 LASO?

Idk if any of you are interested in doing laso for the halo games, but my friend wanted to do it and he thought i should join so we could do co-op LASO on Halo 2. While attempting the Metropolis level, we figured out that there are ways to make enemies de-spawn if you go far enough in some areas. This has helped out MAJORLY for us, considering how fu**ing difficult LASO is. This is how we did Metropolis:

1. We start on the bridge. There’s too many enemies, so running past them isn’t an option. Neither is de-spawning because you can’t go back far enough. So we had to tough it out with the tank and kill everything. It took a quite a while, especially with the banshees.

2. The tunnel. If you aren’t aware, you can get your tank through the entire tunnel. Even past the blockades. Again, no de-spawning or running past. Too many enemies and not enough space. Just had to tough it out and kill everything. Grab a beam rifle at the end, there’s a covenant weapon container that should have 2 full ones

3. The jackal playground right after the tunnel (idk what to call it). Run up and assassinate the jackal right in front of you. Then, only focus on the other 7~9 jackals. Every single on of them will run to the platform that has a sort of spire on it. Pick them off one by one until they stop coming. Then kill everthing else.

4. The alley that leads to a courtyard with 2 ghosts and a wraith. This is where is gets interesting. Along with the vehicles are 2 jackals and an elite. Kill those as fast as possible. Then go back to the jackal playground and follow the alley wall down and you should see a ramp going up with a guard rail thing on the right side. Go all the way to the end until you hit a wall. Jump on the guard rail and do a buddy jump. (This is done by having someone stand on their co-op buddy, the person on top jumps, then the person below jumps, then the person on top jumps again.) This will get you on top of the wall and you can go out of bounds. From here, if you’re lucky, the person that’s out of bounds can sneak past the vehicles and get to the next area. If the person in the next area goes far enough, and the person still in the jackal playround stays away from the vehicles and DOESN’T ZOOM IN AND LOOK AT THE VEHICLES, the vehicles will de-spawn and the other player may continue to the next area. BUT DON’T. STAY IN THE ALLEY WHERE THE VEHICLES DE-SPAWNED

5. The streets. There will be like 2 or 3 elites on ghosts. The player who went out of bounds should now be here and try their best to jack a ghost asap. This player now must boost to the end of the street as fast as possible til they hit a dead end. The wraiths should be to the left of this player down the street. If the player who was in the courtyard with the vehicles stayed there, the elites should de-spawn, allowing the player to continue. Sometimes you’ll have a warthog to use in this next part, but most likely not cuz the ally AI is basically suicidal i guess. Once you get to the wraiths, you’ll want to kill the 2 jackals on the upper bridge. Now, the player in the ghost must kill the wraith closest to them. This will take a while. Once it’s dead, the player in the ghost now must dance around with the other 2 wraiths until the phantom spawns. WE DON’T KNOW what triggers the phantom yet, whether it be how far you went or how much damage you’ve done to the other wraiths, but we know you don’t have to kill the other wraiths. Once the phantom spawns, both players should run back to the courtyard as fast as possible, (or atleast to the fountain room that’s right after the courtyard) and wait til the phantom leaves. Run back up and wait til the pelican arrives. WE DON’T KNOW WHAT TRIGGERS THE PELICAN. You might have to agro the ghosts that the phantom drop, but again, WE DON’T KNOW. Once the pelican spawns, both players must run back to the fountain room and wait for an audio queue talking about getting to the base. If you run back up, there should still be wraiths and ghosts, but the door at the end should be open. Both players must run back down to the fountain room and wait until a second audio queue saying you should get to the base asap or something. If everything went right, all of the enemy vehicles should have de-spawned and you can just walk right to the base.

6. The scarab. From here, it’s basically just avoid getting stepped on by the scarab and kill everthing on the scarab. My friend and i used rocket launchers to kill everything up top. Use the BR to kill the grunts inside the scarab. DON’T SHOOT THE ELITES. You can sneak up on the elites and assassinate them for a quick and easy finish.

Also, meleeing an elite will almost always cause them to spin around, making it really easy to assassinate them if you’re quick enough.

Going into this blind, we found all of these strats and finished Metropolis in 4 hours and 48 minutes. If you want a challenge, but want things to be just a little bit easier, i suggest trying this out. I have nothing to show you to prove that this works, but i promise i’m not lying. We have spent too much time doing this level for me to make this s**t up lol.

My friend and I have even theorized that de-spawn strats could be used in other levels as well, as long as they are fairly open. I thought i’d share because i thought what my friend and I have found is really interesting and i couldn’t find anything about it anywhere else. Let me know if it works for anyone else!

> 2533274841568459;1:
> Idk if any of you are interested in doing laso for the halo games, but my friend wanted to do it and he thought i should join so we could do co-op LASO on Halo 2. While attempting the Metropolis level, we figured out that there are ways to make enemies de-spawn if you go far enough in some areas. This has helped out MAJORLY for us, considering how fuing difficult LASO is. This is how we did Metropolis:
>
> 1. We start on the bridge. There’s too many enemies, so running past them isn’t an option. Neither is de-spawning because you can’t go back far enough. So we had to tough it out with the tank and kill everything. It took a quite a while, especially with the banshees.
>
> 2. The tunnel. If you aren’t aware, you can get your tank through the entire tunnel. Even past the blockades. Again, no de-spawning or running past. Too many enemies and not enough space. Just had to tough it out and kill everything. Grab a beam rifle at the end, there’s a covenant weapon container that should have 2 full ones
> 3. The jackal playground right after the tunnel (idk what to call it). Run up and assassinate the jackal right in front of you. Then, only focus on the other 7~9 jackals. Every single on of them will run to the platform that has a sort of spire on it. Pick them off one by one until they stop coming. Then kill everthing else.
>
> 4. The alley that leads to a courtyard with 2 ghosts and a wraith. This is where is gets interesting. Along with the vehicles are 2 jackals and an elite. Kill those as fast as possible. Then go back to the jackal playground and follow the alley wall down and you should see a ramp going up with a guard rail thing on the right side. Go all the way to the end until you hit a wall. Jump on the guard rail and do a buddy jump. (This is done by having someone stand on their co-op buddy, the person on top jumps, then the person below jumps, then the person on top jumps again.) This will get you on top of the wall and you can go out of bounds. From here, if you’re lucky, the person that’s out of bounds can sneak past the vehicles and get to the next area. If the person in the next area goes far enough, and the person still in the jackal playround stays away from the vehicles and DOESN’T ZOOM IN AND LOOK AT THE VEHICLES, the vehicles will de-spawn and the other player may continue to the next area. BUT DON’T. STAY IN THE ALLEY WHERE THE VEHICLES DE-SPAWNED
>
> 5. The streets. There will be like 2 or 3 elites on ghosts. The player who went out of bounds should now be here and try their best to jack a ghost asap. This player now must boost to the end of the street as fast as possible til they hit a dead end. The wraiths should be to the left of this player down the street. If the player who was in the courtyard with the vehicles stayed there, the elites should de-spawn, allowing the player to continue. Sometimes you’ll have a warthog to use in this next part, but most likely not cuz the ally AI is basically suicidal i guess. Once you get to the wraiths, you’ll want to kill the 2 jackals on the upper bridge. Now, the player in the ghost must kill the wraith closest to them. This will take a while. Once it’s dead, the player in the ghost now must dance around with the other 2 wraiths until the phantom spawns. WE DON’T KNOW what triggers the phantom yet, whether it be how far you went or how much damage you’ve done to the other wraiths, but we know you don’t have to kill the other wraiths. Once the phantom spawns, both players should run back to the courtyard as fast as possible, (or atleast to the fountain room that’s right after the courtyard) and wait til the phantom leaves. Run back up and wait til the pelican arrives. WE DON’T KNOW WHAT TRIGGERS THE PELICAN. You might have to agro the ghosts that the phantom drop, but again, WE DON’T KNOW. Once the pelican spawns, both players must run back to the fountain room and wait for an audio queue talking about getting to the base. If you run back up, there should still be wraiths and ghosts, but the door at the end should be open. Both players must run back down to the fountain room and wait until a second audio queue saying you should get to the base asap or something. If everything went right, all of the enemy vehicles should have de-spawned and you can just walk right to the base.
>
> 6. The scarab. From here, it’s basically just avoid getting stepped on by the scarab and kill everthing on the scarab. My friend and i used rocket launchers to kill everything up top. Use the BR to kill the grunts inside the scarab. DON’T SHOOT THE ELITES. You can sneak up on the elites and assassinate them for a quick and easy finish.
>
> Also, meleeing an elite will almost always cause them to spin around, making it really easy to assassinate them if you’re quick enough.
>
> Going into this blind, we found all of these strats and finished Metropolis in 4 hours and 48 minutes. If you want a challenge, but want things to be just a little bit easier, i suggest trying this out. I have nothing to show you to prove that this works, but i promise i’m not lying. We have spent too much time doing this level for me to make this s
t up lol.
>
> My friend and I have even theorized that de-spawn strats could be used in other levels as well, as long as they are fairly open. I thought i’d share because i thought what my friend and I have found is really interesting and i couldn’t find anything about it anywhere else. Let me know if it works for anyone else!

Watch laso guides from zombie stomp 08,halo completionist,and naked Eli.They know The despawns and other tips that will help you