De-Scoping needs to come back

When it was here…

• It prevented too much long range combat, which is boring.
  • It allowed a skilled player to kill entrenched noobs by pushing them out of scope.
  • It prevented Snipers from blowing your head off all the time.
  • It allowed free movement around the map.

Now that it’s gone…

• There are way too much long range battles.
  • He who shoots first pretty much always wins, the defender usually loses.
  • Any noob sniper can kill someone easily because they can’t be de-scoped.
  • There is very poor map movement as moving in the open means instantaneous death.

TL;DR/In Short: De-Scoping being absent is detrimental to the fun of Halo and to the skill-gap of Halo.

I 100% agree, bring back de-scoping in all weapons.

> I 100% agree, bring back de-scoping in all weapons.

nice 3 days old necro!

but I still agree on the topic.

tired of looking in the sky when getting shot at. agree.

+1 OP. No idea why 343 didn’t keep de-scoping, or if they merely forgot to…

Yes bring this awesome feature back, halo is a skilled game.

De-scoping is annoying. Really glad they took this out.

How is it annoying? Because it punishes bad players for not being able to control their aim when they get de-scoped?

> How is it annoying? <mark>Because it punishes bad players</mark> for not being able to control their aim when they get de-scoped?

Because he’s a bad player.

> How is it annoying? Because it punishes bad players for not being able to control their aim when they get de-scoped?

Because it discourages long range battles. Not sure why anybody thinks you are more skilled for wanting it. If anything it’s the other way around. If you can only win gun fights by shooting people out of scope then that makes you bad.

+1

Descoping makes the game way better, it is just annoying to look up at the sky after a sniper hits you.

> *He who shoots first pretty much always wins, the defender usually loses.

From what i’ve seen, whoever shoots first wins, applies to being descoped when shot. How are you supposed to shoot somone long range when getting spammed by somone scoped in preventing you from using your scope? If you aren’t descoped, it relies on who’s better at aiming, not who shoots first. But I see what you’re getting at.

I for one, am glad getting descoped is gone. The only negative part about it that I can think of is the Snipers not getting zoomed out. Just my thoughts.

I agree with the OP here. De-scopping allowed the player to increase his controller dexterity and his overall “skill” towards the game. De-scopping was a “sacrifice” given to the “benefit” of scoping. If you were scoping you were receiving the benefit of a long range shot but were sacrificing accuracy once de-scoped, a perfect balance to Halo 3 and 2. A player with better thumb dexterity with his controller had higher accuracy and skill, and hence why getting “out-BR-ed” was such a fascination in Halo 3 and 2 (especially in Halo 3 since you had to lead your shots to get a clean kill on a moving target).

It’s also ridiculous that they removed de-scoping in a game where one of the loadout choices is a weapon that does more damage when scoped in. How is that balanced?

> It’s also ridiculous that they removed de-scoping in a game where one of the loadout choices is a weapon that does more damage when scoped in. <mark>How is that balanced?</mark>

How is anything in this game balanced?

> > It’s also ridiculous that they removed de-scoping in a game where one of the loadout choices is a weapon that does more damage when scoped in. <mark>How is that balanced?</mark>
>
> How is anything in this game balanced?

Well, true. But 343 made a big deal about all the loadouts were going to be “balanced”, so it just baffles me why they thought this would be a good idea.

i sayy bring it back and ppl who actually like it just use that specializations. i mean the fact that we all dont get pushed out of scope makes rogue sound pretty useless, if we dint have the feature rogue would actually be a worthy specializations

If they take it out or were to think about removing it, i want it set up so teamates that shoot other team players dont cause them to de scope, This i found was a way someone would get back at a teamate for taking the sniper rifle without going as far as to team kill. Im starting to like this new feature simply because the sniper or camper sitting along the side of the map can now be taken out. It has its pros and cons but i see this feature stayin

Agreed, also you should mention that the Stability profficiency unlocked at sr 50 needs to be removed. It reduces flinch when shot in scope. Hope you keep this thread active.