Day One Patch News

For those who have not heard, the 9 GB day one patch for Halo 5 will be available for digital users on October 22.

Source: https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/656204301426139136?s=09

Yay… doubt ill be able to play H5 on the day of release then… oh the joys of slow internet :frowning:

Wish they’d just let us physical purchasers download the patch in advance. I’m no programmer, but it seems like they could put it on the marketplace as an executable file to run when you finish installing the disc.

Sweet. Figured it would be up early.

If you want physical, you’ve got to be content with the limitations that come with it.

Good thing I pre-ordered the digital edition so I can play right away!

sweet. seems like they are going to try to make launch as smooth as possible(for the digital guys at least)

> 2533274812624078;2:
> Yay… doubt ill be able to play H5 on the day of release then… oh the joys of slow internet :frowning:

You only need 0.16 Mb/s to download that by launch. If you don’t have that, there’s no way you’re playing the majority of this game’s content. I think you’d probably have to wait like 5 or 6 minutes for this page alone to load…I think you’ll be fine…

> 2533274823519895;3:
> Wish they’d just let us physical purchasers download the patch in advance. I’m no programmer, but it seems like they could put it on the marketplace as an executable file to run when you finish installing the disc.

tbh it would be really easy to do this, when you preorder at a retailer the receipt could include a code to download the update early

Already preloaded the game. Will get the patch promptly the 22nd

Weeeeeeeeee

> 2533274809541057;5:
> If you want physical, you’ve got to be content with the limitations that come with it.

that sounds like dating advice…

I get mine tomorrow thankfully :). Go to work and on my break i will pick it up. One week to go :).

Lazy Link - Patch available October 22nd

I don’t mind. Got physical but I have 150Mbs of speed. I am sorted.

> 2533274819029930;9:
> > 2533274823519895;3:
> > Wish they’d just let us physical purchasers download the patch in advance. I’m no programmer, but it seems like they could put it on the marketplace as an executable file to run when you finish installing the disc.
>
>
> tbh it would be really easy to do this, when you preorder at a retailer the receipt could include a code to download the update early

Would the codes be generated that early? Hell, is there even a reason to have codes? Surely they could respect the intelligence of the consumer to download it for him/herself. Or is my PC primary platform side showing again?

Nice! I’ll be able to play as soon as the clock hits 12:01. The hype is real!

Sweeeet. Digital Pre-Downloading is such a beautiful thing.

Im very likley to get the game on Monday. I hope the game is not unplayable until tuesday

> 2533274961520300;8:
> > 2533274812624078;2:
> > Yay… doubt ill be able to play H5 on the day of release then… oh the joys of slow internet :frowning:
>
>
> You only need 0.16 Mb/s to download that by launch. If you don’t have that, there’s no way you’re playing the majority of this game’s content. I think you’d probably have to wait like 5 or 6 minutes for this page alone to load…I think you’ll be fine…

Oh no i have that! mines 5 something but… its still takes forever… and depending on when the game arrives to my house… if it arrives at 1pm then i doubt ill play it on release :confused:

My LCE order had a button to download digital, but it didn’t work. sigh