Day/Night Cycles In Infinite

These are one of the little things that make me really excited for Infinite’s campaign. Its a first for any Halo game so I’m just stoked to see how it’ll look in Infinite.

I imagine the enemies will be more alert and organized by day and disorganized and less cautious by night. Its a small feature that can really make you reconsider the way you approach certain missions. I hope the flashlight makes a return.

The scripted covenant encounter Staten referenced in one of the latest blogs is probably one of hundreds of unique happenings that happen in each time of the day. Which makes me believe that the horror element Halo used to have is making a huge comeback.

yeah that would be cool, since i think halo infinite is using a 3d halo ring it could move with the day/night cycle to add a sense of time.

Would be more interesting if there would be more timevariants for the mp maps

> 2533274861263132;3:
> Would be more interesting if there would be more timevariants for the mp maps

I’m not sure about “more interesting” however it would be neat.

A super efficient and advanced power suit that runs on sunlight and farts, has the ability to produce a shield strong enough to take hits from plasma and bullets, yet the built in flashlight can only run for a short time before it has to recharge.

#ThingsThatMakeYouLaugh

> 2535448497705415;1:
> These are one of the little things that make me really excited for Infinite’s campaign. Its a first for any Halo game so I’m just stoked to see how it’ll look in Infinite.
>
> I imagine the enemies will be more alert and organized by day and disorganized and less cautious by night. Its a small feature that can really make you reconsider the way you approach certain missions. I hope the flashlight makes a return.
>
> The scripted covenant encounter Staten referenced in one of the latest blogs is probably one of hundreds of unique happenings that happen in each time of the day. Which makes me believe that the horror element Halo used to have is making a huge comeback.

I think that while aesthetically I like the flashlight, it doesn’t really make sense. I just really hope that all the weird outlines and crap only show up when you turn on the VISR and not when you’re just running around.

I would really love it if the horror element came back, but at least for me that would really really require the flood. I just imagine how cool it would be if you’ve been exploring the Halo ring out in the open then you get down into a substructure like in 343 Guilty Spark, run into the flood then spend a long time trying to fight your way out of the passageways… then imagine you come out from that and then slowly over the rest of the game watch as the flood spread further and further through the territory you’ve cleared, taking over banished fortresses as well as Marine firebases while you fight desperately to contain them.

I wonder if this means lighting will dynamic in the multiplayer maps as well.

> 2533274861263132;3:
> Would be more interesting if there would be more timevariants for the mp maps

I was hoping they would also add that into multiplayer as well, but its definitely entirely optional.

> 2533274854285323;5:
> A super efficient and advanced power suit that runs on sunlight and farts, has the ability to produce a shield strong enough to take hits from plasma and bullets, yet the built in flashlight can only run for a short time before it has to recharge.
>
> #ThingsThatMakeYouLaugh

Right?? I always found that to be stupid as hell lol. I hope they at least make it unlimited to compensate for the purportedly huge size of the missions

> 2533274812002202;6:
> > 2535448497705415;1:
> > These are one of the little things that make me really excited for Infinite’s campaign. Its a first for any Halo game so I’m just stoked to see how it’ll look in Infinite.
> >
> > I imagine the enemies will be more alert and organized by day and disorganized and less cautious by night. Its a small feature that can really make you reconsider the way you approach certain missions. I hope the flashlight makes a return.
> >
> > The scripted covenant encounter Staten referenced in one of the latest blogs is probably one of hundreds of unique happenings that happen in each time of the day. Which makes me believe that the horror element Halo used to have is making a huge comeback.
>
> I think that while aesthetically I like the flashlight, it doesn’t really make sense. I just really hope that all the weird outlines and crap only show up when you turn on the VISR and not when you’re just running around.
>
> I would really love it if the horror element came back, but at least for me that would really really require the flood. I just imagine how cool it would be if you’ve been exploring the Halo ring out in the open then you get down into a substructure like in 343 Guilty Spark, run into the flood then spend a long time trying to fight your way out of the passageways… then imagine you come out from that and then slowly over the rest of the game watch as the flood spread further and further through the territory you’ve cleared, taking over banished fortresses as well as Marine firebases while you fight desperately to contain them.

There’s no better time to return the flood than now, i agree. Zeta halo just seems like the perfect setting for them.
It would be dope if nighttime made them more brutish. I believe the sentinel beam seems to be returning to halo, if you saw a small bit of the August update where a dev was playing around with it.

That would be a nice touch. Plus, if day/night cycles are available for forge maps, that would be so hype. For the first time in a mainline game, you’d be able to make a real, night time map.