Day 1 Woes

Are you expecting many bad things to happen on day 1, like server overload and crashes, glitches, and all the stuff that 343 won’t know about until people actually play the game?

Probably but I won’t really care since I’m playing campaign first. :smiley:

Hope not, Frankie said on GAF that there are on-going tests happening before launch, hopefully they are preparing for the influx of users on November 6th.

Eh, I’ll be glued to Campaign for a while.

While I didn’t play Halo 2 on LIVE very much at all, I don’t remember any problems with Halo 3, ODST, or Reach.

> Probably but I won’t really care since I’m playing campaign first. :smiley:

^^This - if the servers go down, it’ll just be less tempting for me to have a sneaky war games session halfway through the campaign.

> > Probably but I won’t really care since I’m playing campaign first. :smiley:
>
> ^^This - if the servers go down, it’ll just be less tempting for me to have a sneaky war games session halfway through the campaign.

I did this with both ODST and Reach.

Halfway through ODST, I just HAD to try Firefight. And on Reach, I quit halfway to look at Forge World.

Unable to connect to a server.

I’m watching Wreck it Ralph with the girl I’m dating on Tuesday, the day of release. Will be picking up my game, making my way down to her place, hanging out then going to the movies. Won’t be home til like 10pm.

Hell, I’m just hoping nothing happens to me before day one. :=)

There might be some server problems. Wouldn’t surprise me.

343 invested a lot of time to make sure things like this dont happen. They probably strained the server to see if it can handle the amount of players who will play, closed beta tests over months to fine tune small areas, and play tested around the world.

glitches are inevitable, and will persist in the game as most other games. 343 did their best with what they had to improve.

On a side note, did you know to update a game on Xbox live it costs roughly $20,000-$40,000?

> Probably but I won’t really care since I’m playing campaign first. :smiley:

Yep. Yep.

whatever it is it wont be near the epic fail of other fps games COUGH MOHW COUGH

> 343 invested a lot of time to make sure things like this dont happen. They probably strained the server to see if it can handle the amount of players who will play, closed beta tests over months to fine tune small areas, and play tested around the world.
>
>
> glitches are inevitable, and will persist in the game as most other games. 343 did their best with what they had to improve.
>
> On a side note, did you know to update a game on Xbox live it costs roughly $20,000-$40,000?

Woah, seriously?

Sauce.

I wonder if they will have a total number of players online count in the game. I’d love to take a picture of it lol

> 343 invested a lot of time to make sure things like this dont happen. They probably strained the server to see if it can handle the amount of players who will play, closed beta tests over months to fine tune small areas, and play tested around the world.
>
>
> glitches are inevitable, and will persist in the game as most other games. 343 did their best with what they had to improve.
>
> On a side note, did you know to update a game on Xbox live it costs roughly $20,000-$40,000?

Ha, Battlefield was on a much bigger scale and had more betas and open betas. Yet that still crashed. Then again EA has terrible servers

I hope they have two or three floors of servers somewheres. If one million people all get on Nov. 6th. It could spell disaster if they are ready for this.

Even if there is which I doubt, Im going to be playing campaign before anything else :slight_smile: Its time for chief to wake the hell up. This has been quite a nap.

I don’t think so, there taking a hole month to fix stuff up if they were smart they would look at there Pre-order numbers and get larger servers and fix a few spots up.