Dawn of a new trilogy for "XBOX 360"

Is it just me or did anyone else think that what Don Mattrick said at E3 kind of tell us that the new Halo trilogy will not be on the new xbox because it will not be out yet. Does this mean that Halo 4, Halo 5 and Halo 6 will all be on xbox360. He could have easily have said A dawn of a new trilogy for Xbox if the next two games after Halo 4 will not be on the Xbox 360. I’m sorry but i’m confused as to what he meant.

They’ve said the next Xbox wont be out until 2016 earliest. So assuming 5 and 6 are getting a three-year dev cycle, 5 will still be 360 and 6 may or may not be on the Xbox 720. Or whatever its gonna be called.

Yeah I just thought it sounded wrong. But I doubt 343 are going to give the new Halos a 3 year dev cycle because they are probably working on Halo 4 with sabre interactive and Certain Affinity which means they would get more work done faster. What I really want to know is how long have 343 been working on Halo 4 because if its like since 2008 or 2009 i would be very happy.

> They’ve said the next Xbox wont be out until 2016 earliest. So assuming 5 and 6 are getting a three-year dev cycle, 5 will still be 360 and 6 may or may not be on the Xbox 720. Or whatever its gonna be called.

Wrong!
A new xbox is on the way. E3 2012 is the place for the announcement.
Halo 4 will be maybe on the 360 and 5,6 are for the Next Xbox.

> Yeah I just thought it sounded wrong. But I doubt 343 are going to give the new Halos a 3 year dev cycle because they are probably working on Halo 4 with sabre interactive and Certain Affinity which means they would get more work done faster. What I really want to know is how long have 343 been working on Halo 4 because if its like since 2008 or 2009 i would be very happy.

Saber and Certain are not involved in Halo 4s Development.
Pls people, get ur informations before posting wrong facts.

> > They’ve said the next Xbox wont be out until 2016 earliest. So assuming 5 and 6 are getting a three-year dev cycle, 5 will still be 360 and 6 may or may not be on the Xbox 720. Or whatever its gonna be called.
>
> Wrong!
> A new xbox is on the way. E3 2012 is the place for the announcement.
> Halo 4 will be maybe on the 360 and 5,6 are for the Next Xbox.

do you have a link with proof of this? because now im curious

> Yeah I just thought it sounded wrong. But I doubt 343 are going to give the new Halos a 3 year dev cycle because they are probably working on Halo 4 with sabre interactive and Certain Affinity which means they would get more work done faster. What I really want to know is how long have 343 been working on Halo 4 because if its like since 2008 or 2009 i would be very happy.

Frankie said in an interview (there are a few so I don’t remember if it’s GT or G4) but guys have been working on it for “over 2 years” or “basically 2 years” so I’m assuming they’ve been working since 2009 so it’ll still be 3 years.

OP: Mattrick said what he said but I’m sure Halo 5 and 6 won’t be on Xbox 360. The new console is gonna be announced next year and may be released by 2014

> > Yeah I just thought it sounded wrong. But I doubt 343 are going to give the new Halos a 3 year dev cycle because they are probably working on Halo 4 with sabre interactive and Certain Affinity which means they would get more work done faster. What I really want to know is how long have 343 been working on Halo 4 because if its like since 2008 or 2009 i would be very happy.
>
> Frankie said in an interview (there are a few so I don’t remember if it’s GT or G4) but guys have been working on it for “over 2 years” or “basically 2 years” so I’m assuming they’ve been working since 2009 so it’ll still be 3 years.
>
> OP: I’m sure Mattrick said what he said but I’ sure Halo 5 and 6 won’t be on Xbox 360

no it’s going to have been in development for about or almost 4 years by the time it releases.

oh YOINK i just realized something, this means we could be stuck with the same multiplayer for four years, although it could turn out fun depending on how they change it :slight_smile:

> > > Yeah I just thought it sounded wrong. But I doubt 343 are going to give the new Halos a 3 year dev cycle because they are probably working on Halo 4 with sabre interactive and Certain Affinity which means they would get more work done faster. What I really want to know is how long have 343 been working on Halo 4 because if its like since 2008 or 2009 i would be very happy.
> >
> > Frankie said in an interview (there are a few so I don’t remember if it’s GT or G4) but guys have been working on it for “over 2 years” or “basically 2 years” so I’m assuming they’ve been working since 2009 so it’ll still be 3 years.
> >
> > OP: I’m sure Mattrick said what he said but I’ sure Halo 5 and 6 won’t be on Xbox 360
>
> no it’s going to have been in development for about or almost 4 years by the time it releases.
>
>
> oh YOINK i just realized something, this means we could be stuck with the same multiplayer for four years, although it could turn out fun depending on how they change it :slight_smile:

It may have been “over a year”. It was a while ago so I don’t remember (looking for the interview right now) so It’ll be 3 years by the time it comes out. That makes sense because Halo 3, which this is a sequel to, will cme out 5 years from the release and MS has always wanted a fourth to come out so it makes sense.

> They’ve said the next Xbox wont be out until 2016 earliest. So assuming 5 and 6 are getting a three-year dev cycle, 5 will still be 360 and 6 may or may not be on the Xbox 720. Or whatever its gonna be called.

No one said that. I seriously doubt they would call it the Xbox 720 anyway.

Let’s keep it civil everybody. We’re all Halo fans here. Thanks. <3

I’m actually suprised that Halo 4 wasn’t the launch title for the new xbox. Then again CE and 2 were for the original Xbox, and H3 was the launch title for the 360. If it’s about 2 Halo games per system, then 5 & 6 will probaby be for the Xbox 720, with 6 being the launch title. By the way, I believe that ever since the 360 came out the next generation was to be nicknamed the 720 by the community jokingly, much like Halo 4. I wonder what 343 will pull out of the 720s CPU and graphics cards… It’ll probably make the best looking games out right now look like junk.

> Let’s keep it civil everybody. We’re all Halo fans here. Thanks. <3

What Eagle said.
Think before you act. Respect is all that is needed in these forums.

> I’m actually suprised that Halo 4 wasn’t the launch title for the new xbox. Then again CE and 2 were for the original Xbox, and H3 was the launch title for the 360. If it’s about 2 Halo games per system, then 5 & 6 will probaby be for the Xbox 720, with 6 being the launch title. By the way, I believe that ever since the 360 came out the next generation was to be nicknamed the 720 by the community jokingly, much like Halo 4. I wonder what 343 will pull out of the 720s CPU and graphics cards… It’ll probably make the best looking games out right now look like junk.

Halo 3 came out 2 years after the 360, no were near a launch title. Plus it is a bad idea to put a game like halo 4 as a launch title, it will just kill the market for halo 4.

ign.com has talked about the next xbox being announced at E3 three times in the past couple of weeks. be a normal nerd gamer and visit it for at least 5 minutes a day.

They said 2014, and they said that a couple years ago.

He probably only said for Xbox 360 because it will start on Xbox 360 and they didn’t want to announce the next Xbox yet.

> ign.com has talked about the next xbox being announced at E3 three times in the past couple of weeks. be a normal nerd gamer and visit it for at least 5 minutes a day.

LOL.

You think IGN is a legitimate news source. How cute.

They need to come out and be clear on this. I originally believed that the Nextbox (as I like to call it) would not release until 2015 because MS wanted the 360 to have a 10-year lifespan. However, I read an article saying that the Nextbox would be announced at E3 next year and if that were the case, the console couldn’t be released long after.

This is what’s troubling me. I sold my old Xbox due to mounting interesting in getting a Slim, but if the Nextbox comes out before 2013, it might be a wasted purchase.

So I have to buy another new Xbox to keep playing Halo?!
Xbox: Halo CE, Halo 2
Xbox 360: Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Halo 4, Halo CEA
New Xbox: Halo 5?, Halo 6?

> They need to come out and be clear on this. I originally believed that the Nextbox (as I like to call it) would not release until 2015 because MS wanted the 360 to have a 10-year lifespan. However, I read an article saying that the Nextbox would be announced at E3 next year and if that were the case, the console couldn’t be released long after.
>
> This is what’s troubling me. I sold my old Xbox due to mounting interesting in getting a Slim, but if the Nextbox comes out before 2013, it might be a wasted purchase.

It won’t come out in 2013 although Microsoft has talked about the 7-year lifespan they wanted for the 360. In my opinion ten years is way too long. They originally got the idea of a long lifespan from Sony, but their problem is they don’t have good enough hardware to support that lifespan. Neither has Sony, but they’re still doing better thanks for Cell.

Video gme consoles just don’t last a decade. Their hardware gets old too fast. Seven years is a max and after that the console starts getting old. I personally believe Microsoft will give us a new console in 2014-15. This means we would see Halo 4 on 360 and 5 as the launch title for the Nextbox (you’re not the onlyone who likes that name), then 6 as the title using the whole power of Nextbox like Reach did with 360.

They can’t really push the whole trilogy for 360. Even Halo 4 can barely bring anything new to the table. Stretching 5 and 6 on 360 would just be stupid.

P.S. Just for clarification: all consoles on this generation only lack on RAM memory. Otherwise they have pretty good hardware (except Wii).