David Ellis Responds

From Neogaf

> “For those expecting a podcast release this weekend, don’t. All of the information you’re getting at this point is from leaked scans of the GI article. As is the case with all cover stories, the magazine needs to start hitting more hands before we offer full clarifications.
>
> I will say this, some of the conclusions that are being reached are not entirely accurate. Some of the mp items mentioned in the story have changed since the media visit. I can’t really say too much more at this time, but please be patient while we begin clarifying and answering questions in the near future.
>
> As Frank has said previously, we knew some elements of the Halo mp evolution would be controversial in some circles, while many others would be less so. Keep in mind that none of these design decisions have been made lightly, but have been carefully thought out and continue to be tweaked based on feedback from people playing the game.
>
> And yes, Spartan Ops is as awesome as it sounds. Can’t wait to share more.”

It is fing real.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Eugh they just don’t give a fu.ck

I give up, fu.ck you 343

So, all those people in denial about the validity of the leak…we now know it’s real.

> From Neogaf
>
> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36731047&postcount=14908
>
>
>
>
> > “For those expecting a podcast release this weekend, don’t. All of the information you’re getting at this point is from leaked scans of the GI article. As is the case with all cover stories, the magazine needs to start hitting more hands before we offer full clarifications.
> >
> > I will say this, some of the conclusions that are being reached are not entirely accurate. Some of the mp items mentioned in the story have changed since the media visit. I can’t really say too much more at this time, but please be patient while we begin clarifying and answering questions in the near future.
> >
> > As Frank has said previously, we knew some elements of the Halo mp evolution would be controversial in some circles, while many others would be less so. Keep in mind that none of these design decisions have been made lightly, but have been carefully thought out and continue to be tweaked based on feedback from people playing the game.
> >
> > And yes, Spartan Ops is as awesome as it sounds. Can’t wait to share more.”

He says it changed since the visit…

Makes it more like Cod

could they at least -Yoinking!- change the name of Spartan Ops to something more Halo-ish and less like Spec Ops?
There are hundreds of you and all you can come up with is SPARTAN OPS!!?!?

Still no comment on the bad art design and lack of firefight.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

> Eugh they just don’t give a fu.ck
>
> I give up, fu.ck you 343

Huge middle finger to all of 343. Seriously, screw you guys.

Well, atleast you get the pre-order bonus.

Ancient forerunner turd, plug it into your usb port and it makes the game almost playable.

Forerunner vision is a bad idea still

So all the crap we don’t want has been removed since the media visited?

i don’t think so

admit it, you’ve effed this whole thing up

delay the game, go back to the drawing board and start again, otherwise this game is gonna be a massive flop

I love how they brush it off like they’ve done nothing wrong. They’re so ignorant it hurts me.

So, it’s real. Well, I toss in my towel. I’m out of this franchise until a more competent studio is at the helm. Not one that is always seeking to have their game become the next CoD.

Thanks David Ellis for that clarification. But I will not be buying this game anymore. I pre-ordered this game all the way back last year when it was announced, hoping it would be a true successor to Halo 3 and the trilogy. But this just seems like Reach 2.5 + CoD to me. Thanks, but no, thanks. :confused:

I’m all for a delay.

Unless we get more infromation from 343i about stuff that’s getting added or removed I don’t think I will be getting this game.

this is -Yoinking!- -Yoink-, -Yoink- YOU 343.
They don’t take our feedback, this will -Yoinking!- fail
#madasfuck

Not considering the fact that this is all true, they again posted this on NeoGaf. It’s quite funny actually, showing that they don’t believe in their own brand or their own website.

> I love how they brush it off like they’ve done nothing wrong. They’re so ignorant it hurts me.

Just because you are making a game off of a successful franchise does not mean the game will be good or everyone will like it cause it has Halo in the title, we are smarter than that.

Same answer is on Halo Council. http://halocouncil.com/content.php?57-David-Ellis-Responds-To-Fans-On-Neogaf