DATE GLITCH!!

Guys, i just wanted to know if this was a glitch or a mistake, but on the mission “Long Night of Solace”, the date in which it took place was, August 14th, and then the next mission, which started right after Six landed on Reach again, the date was August 23rd, (Exodus)…I find it hard to beleive that six fell for 9 days. what happened?

> Guys, i just wanted to know if this was a glitch or a mistake, but on the mission “Long Night of Solace”, the date in which it took place was, August 14th, and then the next mission, which started right after Six landed on Reach again, the date was August 23rd, (Exodus)…I find it hard to beleive that six fell for 9 days. what happened?

Where Six landed was far from civilisation. It makes sense that he travelled for nine days before he found New Alixandra. It also explains the dissappearance of his limp. Something like that would require a few days to rest up.

> > Guys, i just wanted to know if this was a glitch or a mistake, but on the mission “Long Night of Solace”, the date in which it took place was, August 14th, and then the next mission, which started right after Six landed on Reach again, the date was August 23rd, (Exodus)…I find it hard to beleive that six fell for 9 days. what happened?
>
> Where Six landed was far from civilisation. It makes sense that he travelled for nine days before he found New Alixandra. It also explains the dissappearance of his limp. Something like that would require a few days to rest up.

This.

But I have to admit that Reach’s campaign spans over an awfully long time period. You should really think that the Covenant are more efficient and way quicker at reaching their goals. I mean, the campaign starts at July 24th and ends on August 30th.

> > > Guys, i just wanted to know if this was a glitch or a mistake, but on the mission “Long Night of Solace”, the date in which it took place was, August 14th, and then the next mission, which started right after Six landed on Reach again, the date was August 23rd, (Exodus)…I find it hard to beleive that six fell for 9 days. what happened?
> >
> > Where Six landed was far from civilisation. It makes sense that he travelled for nine days before he found New Alixandra. It also explains the dissappearance of his limp. Something like that would require a few days to rest up.
>
> This.
>
> But I have to admit that Reach’s campaign spans over an awfully long time period. You should really think that the Covenant are more efficient and way quicker at reaching their goals. I mean, the campaign starts at July 24th and ends on August 30th.

Think about this: They sent a small scouting force in July and early August of 2552, to prepare for the main invasion. The first fleet to arrive at Reach was relatively small, and had to get around 20 Oribital MAC platforms and any UNSC ships near the planet. Finally, on August 30, 2552, the full Fleet of Particular Justice arrived with a total of 314 ships to take on Reach and its defenses. The planet finally fell hours later.

> > > > Guys, i just wanted to know if this was a glitch or a mistake, but on the mission “Long Night of Solace”, the date in which it took place was, August 14th, and then the next mission, which started right after Six landed on Reach again, the date was August 23rd, (Exodus)…I find it hard to beleive that six fell for 9 days. what happened?
> > >
> > > Where Six landed was far from civilisation. It makes sense that he travelled for nine days before he found New Alixandra. It also explains the dissappearance of his limp. Something like that would require a few days to rest up.
> >
> > This.
> >
> > But I have to admit that Reach’s campaign spans over an awfully long time period. You should really think that the Covenant are more efficient and way quicker at reaching their goals. I mean, the campaign starts at July 24th and ends on August 30th.
>
> Think about this: They sent a small scouting force in July and early August of 2552, to prepare for the main invasion. The first fleet to arrive at Reach was relatively small, and had to get around 20 Oribital MAC platforms and any UNSC ships near the planet. Finally, on August 30, 2552, the full Fleet of Particular Justice arrived with a total of 314 ships to take on Reach and its defenses. The planet finally fell hours later.

Something still doesn’t match up. The invasion of Reach was way too big to be covered on August 23rd, still if you have read the books, there is no mention of an invasion before August 30th, the whole invasion came as a surprise and that’s exactly why UNSC didn’t have enough ships as they had no time to call them.

If you think that Noble team encountered the Covenant scouts on July 24th, UNSC would immediately have called their fleet to alert. On August 24th, probably at least 90% of UNSC fleet would have been stationed above Reach, but it wasn’t. Huge part of the fleet were away and that’s why Reach fell in a day.

Then we have the problem that how Covenant can slip a 27 kilometer long ship through UNSC’s best planetary defence system and none of the heat sensors noticed the ship although a cloacked ship produces massive amounts of heat. This whole thing doesn’t make any sense.

> > > > > Guys, i just wanted to know if this was a glitch or a mistake, but on the mission “Long Night of Solace”, the date in which it took place was, August 14th, and then the next mission, which started right after Six landed on Reach again, the date was August 23rd, (Exodus)…I find it hard to beleive that six fell for 9 days. what happened?
> > > >
> > > > Where Six landed was far from civilisation. It makes sense that he travelled for nine days before he found New Alixandra. It also explains the dissappearance of his limp. Something like that would require a few days to rest up.
> > >
> > > This.
> > >
> > > But I have to admit that Reach’s campaign spans over an awfully long time period. You should really think that the Covenant are more efficient and way quicker at reaching their goals. I mean, the campaign starts at July 24th and ends on August 30th.
> >
> > Think about this: They sent a small scouting force in July and early August of 2552, to prepare for the main invasion. The first fleet to arrive at Reach was relatively small, and had to get around 20 Oribital MAC platforms and any UNSC ships near the planet. Finally, on August 30, 2552, the full Fleet of Particular Justice arrived with a total of 314 ships to take on Reach and its defenses. The planet finally fell hours later.
>
> Something still doesn’t match up. The invasion of Reach was way too big to be covered on August 23rd, still if you have read the books, there is no mention of an invasion before August 30th, the whole invasion came as a surprise and that’s exactly why UNSC didn’t have enough ships as they had no time to call them.
>
> If you think that Noble team encountered the Covenant scouts on July 24th, UNSC would immediately have called their fleet to alert. On August 24th, probably at least 90% of UNSC fleet would have been stationed above Reach, but it wasn’t. Huge part of the fleet were away and that’s why Reach fell in a day.
>
> Then we have the problem that how Covenant can slip a 27 kilometer long ship through UNSC’s best planetary defence system and none of the heat sensors noticed the ship although a cloacked ship produces massive amounts of heat. This whole thing doesn’t make any sense.

It’s not perfect, I know, but it the best we can come up with at the time. Actually, though, when the Fleet of Particular Justice arrived at Reach on August 30, a full fleet of ships was there to combat them. The problem was, the Covenant had at least 2 ship for every 1 the UNSC had (and that’s being generous to the UNSC).