Dat bolt...

Before you say anything, I’d like to remind you that in a normal development process weapon models are done pretty early on and being this close to release means what we saw in the recent footage is pretty much the final product (in terms of models)

Agreed? Okay.

Dat bolt.

It’s just sticking out of the side… all static like. Not doing anything, just poking out of the side.

:\

Other than that I guess it looks okay.

Discuss ‘dat bolt’ and I guess the new design of the BR.

It’s a little clunky :l

…most likely the charging handle or something when there is a dry reload…?

I dunno

but something as small as that could be animated later on in the game development I guess.
I don’t think it would be a massive task.

PRE-ALPHA. PREEEEEE-AAALLPPHAAAA

I wasn’t only talking about the fact that it’s static, I was also referring to the point that it’s randomly stuck on the side…

It’s the charging lever. It hasn’t ever moved while being fired. Somehow it locks back when empty but other than that it doesn’t move.

I’m really not a fan of the new design. It looks too boxy and AR-like. At a quick glance, it looks like an AR. The BR should look like the BR.

> It’s the charging lever. It hasn’t ever moved while being fired. Somehow it locks back when empty but other than that it doesn’t move.
>
> I’m really not a fan of the new design. It looks too boxy and AR-like. At a quick glance, it looks like an AR. The BR should look like the BR.

Yeah, but there isn’t any place for the lever to lock back into. The actual design of the weapon doesn’t incorporate a lever in it at all, but they’ve decided to paste one on. Looks ridiculous.

And by memory, the ‘lever’ in Reach moved when you shot. I understand that with 30fps and a three found burst it’s probably best to leave it static with the BR in Halo 4 however.

Oh, I concur with your thoughts on the design. I really liked Halo 3’s design.

The br reminds me of a mass effect gun

I agree the design is funky. They’ve overdesigned it just like the Warthog, they’ve added bits and pieces needlessly. If you sat down with one of the designers and pointed at the detailing on the scope handle and said “Why is that there?” I imagine they would say “Dunno, thought it was cool”. The H2/H3 BR, the original, had a utilitarian beauty to it. It looked great but looked functional too.

Form over function for Halo 4.