Dark Grey Undersuits confirmed for Halo 5 MP

Sorry about the squashed title. But we now have dark grey undersuits confirmed for MP! Not exactly black, but whatever.

http://www.paradiger.com/halo-5-guardians-to-wear-dark-grey-undersuits-in-mp-beta-is-a-good-indication-more/

Booyah

He said black/dark grey with minimal colouring, like in the Beta. Last I checked, the Beta was exactly like Halo 4 in terms of awful colours… Still, hopefully they’ve changed things up since then!

Also, the wording he used, saying that it varies depending on the suits, it makes me fear that they’re sticking to suit presets for customization rather than being able to individualize every piece.

The undersuit should be just completely black.

> 2533274808386392;3:
> He said black/dark grey with minimal colouring, like in the Beta. Last I checked, the Beta was exactly like Halo 4 in terms of awful colours… Still, hopefully they’ve changed things up since then!
>
> Also, the wording he used, saying that it varies depending on the suits, it makes me fear that they’re sticking to suit presets for customization rather than being able to individualize every piece.

Possibly. But I assume there’s going to be more grey than armor color. In Halo 4, the undersuit entirely depended on the armor. This one sounds like it will only take a few patterns/designs/colors, with a main color of grey. I’m fine with that.

Yes!

“Depending on the design of the suit” Hmm, ever since they announced Locke’s armor I wondered if they were gonna use his new undersuit or the standard chief/MP one, but this line indicates that there may be different undersuits! Also, by the way, when he says “dark grey” that’s actually ideal because if it’s too dark then you can’t make out details and it would be too hard to see, and since it seems they may be adding different undersuits, them being dark grey allows for details to be percieved with black shading and lines distinguishing and bolding details. This is good, as in halo 4 spartan ops cutscenes you can see the details of the undersuits really well, and they are not black, they are dark grey. I just hope when he said “the beta is a good indication” he just meant that the shades for the non colored sections are the types of shades they are going to use, rather than saying they are keeping the colored undersuits, which they better not because they’re ugly pugly. I would like for our suits to have the colored light strips that Locke has on his suit, that’d be cool.

> 2533274894863132;7:
> “Depending on the design of the suit” Hmm, ever since they announced Locke’s armor I wondered if they were gonna use his new undersuit or the standard chief/MP one, but this line indicates that there may be different undersuits! Also, by the way, when he says “dark grey” that’s actually ideal because if it’s too dark then you can’t make out details and it would be too hard to see, and since it seems they may be adding different undersuits, them being dark grey allows for details to be percieved with black shading and lines distinguishing and bolding details. This is good, as in halo 4 spartan ops cutscenes you can see the details of the undersuits really well, and they are not black, they are dark grey. I just hope when he said “the beta is a good indication” he just meant that the shades for the non colored sections are the types of shades they are going to use, rather than saying they are keeping the colored undersuits, which they better not because they’re ugly pugly. I would like for our suits to have the colored light strips that Locke has on his suit, that’d be cool.

If you look at all the Spartans in Locke’s team, you see that their undersuits are the same as Locke’s, therefore different than the ones you can have in multiplayer. Perhaps your theory of them adding in different undersuits is possible, I would love to see that happen!

> 2533274808386392;8:
> > 2533274894863132;7:
> > “Depending on the design of the suit” Hmm, ever since they announced Locke’s armor I wondered if they were gonna use his new undersuit or the standard chief/MP one, but this line indicates that there may be different undersuits! Also, by the way, when he says “dark grey” that’s actually ideal because if it’s too dark then you can’t make out details and it would be too hard to see, and since it seems they may be adding different undersuits, them being dark grey allows for details to be percieved with black shading and lines distinguishing and bolding details. This is good, as in halo 4 spartan ops cutscenes you can see the details of the undersuits really well, and they are not black, they are dark grey. I just hope when he said “the beta is a good indication” he just meant that the shades for the non colored sections are the types of shades they are going to use, rather than saying they are keeping the colored undersuits, which they better not because they’re ugly pugly. I would like for our suits to have the colored light strips that Locke has on his suit, that’d be cool.
>
>
> If you look at all the Spartans in Locke’s team, you see that their undersuits are the same as Locke’s, therefore different than the ones you can have in multiplayer. Perhaps your theory of them adding in different undersuits is possible, I would love to see that happen!

right? that would be pretty cool.

> 2533274795233660;4:
> The undersuit should be just completely black.

Agreed.

> 2533274795233660;4:

This

“Dark grey”

Daaaawww so close!

> 2533274808386392;3:
> He said black/dark grey with minimal colouring, like in the Beta. Last I checked, the Beta was exactly like Halo 4 in terms of awful colours… Still, hopefully they’ve changed things up since then!
>
> Also, the wording he used, saying that it varies depending on the suits, it makes me fear that they’re sticking to suit presets for customization rather than being able to individualize every piece.

This. I was disappointed that Halo 4 had such limited customization in comparison to Reach. Reach’s customization should be the benchmark for what they are trying to achieve. The beta, however, indicates suit presets rather than the Reach model.

This is disappointing.

This thread is pretty pointless but the tweets pretty much confirm AGAIN that we have been lied to and that we are getting the crappy Halo 5 beta armor system with no mix and match.

> 2533274823069762;14:
> This thread is pretty pointless but the tweets pretty much confirm AGAIN that we have been lied to and that we are getting the crappy Halo 5 beta armor system with no mix and match.

What? How are we being lied to? You’re not making any sense.

If this is any indication of how detail customization could be, then I’m quite hopeful that we will have Halo: Reach-esque customization.

> 2533274894863132;7:
> “Depending on the design of the suit” Hmm, ever since they announced Locke’s armor I wondered if they were gonna use his new undersuit or the standard chief/MP one, but this line indicates that there may be different undersuits! Also, by the way, when he says “dark grey” that’s actually ideal because if it’s too dark then you can’t make out details and it would be too hard to see, and since it seems they may be adding different undersuits, them being dark grey allows for details to be percieved with black shading and lines distinguishing and bolding details. This is good, as in halo 4 spartan ops cutscenes you can see the details of the undersuits really well, and they are not black, they are dark grey. I just hope when he said “the beta is a good indication” he just meant that the shades for the non colored sections are the types of shades they are going to use, rather than saying they are keeping the colored undersuits, which they better not because they’re ugly pugly. I would like for our suits to have the colored light strips that Locke has on his suit, that’d be cool.

This got me hyped with the thought of custom under suits.

343 armor styles leave too much open areas to have everything be black. This is why they color them.

> 2603643534586909;16:
> If this is any indication of how detail customization could be, then I’m quite hopeful that we will have Halo: Reach-esque customization.

Customization? That would be cool. 4 wasn’t bad but it was kinda cool to do add one and stuff like that.

Armor design? Hope not. Reach armor was a little bulky for my taste. Some of the types felt like they might as well have tank treads for legs.

> 2533274795233660;4:

So true that would be awesome