Dark Dark Days ahead!!!!!

It recently occured to me that Halo 4 came out just 2 years after reach,
(I didnt play reach that much so my time span was a lil off) Infact Halo 4 official announcement was made in 2011.

This makes me wonder how much time was actually spent on this game, in comparison the mainline Halo’s before were 3 year projects and they were started well in advance (not sure about reach but definetly 1-3).

Now this is concerning for two reasons, 1. considering the MAJOR and minor flaws this game came out with (anybody that denies this are plain liars) I believe the extra year was needed… BADLY, bringing out an incomplete game of such proportions is ludicrous, the fact that this is accepted is just as maddening, in a way we are as much to blame as 343i themselves.

1. Is halo heading down that road of COD like frequent releases, the annual releases of games are there to exploit gamers into paying full price for virtually the same game with glitter thrown on top.
    The one thing that put halo above and beyond these manipulating, greedy gas bags, was their attention to EVERY detail, the fan service and the willingness to give the fans value for money. I don’t fully blame 343i for this, after all they are being run by MS (yes 343i are being run by a bunch of Monkey Scrot*ms).

Frequent release titles take away all of that, and leave us with the mess that is Halo 4, while people will still blindly defend Halo 4 they cannot deny the short production time.
I personally wouldn’t mind to wait that extra year for this game to be glossed over, atleast then I’m confident the only things that would have been issues are balancing and a few bugs, not things like a ill functioning file share, incomplete forge, customs etc!!

It was started in 2009.

The days will get brighter. I agree, Halo 4 isn’t perfect, but it sure has been a blast playing it!

TL; DR: I don’t care how long or little Halo 5 or other Halo’s take to come out. It’s if they are great or flops that matters to me, and I will not pre-order any of them just to be safe.

Whether Halo 5 is going to have a longer or shorter production time is not going to phase me. What I am going to do is what I should have done with several games: <mark>stop pre-ordering</mark>. Instead, I’m just going to wait and see how things go over with the game when it comes out, and depending on what I hear and see will determine if I get Halo 5. Granted it will be hard to filter the blind fans from the blind hater’s posts, but I’d rather try to do so than just spend another $60 just to have another Halo 4.

If I do get it, it will be well after the game has had its beta (or better known as “when the game just came out but still needs tweaks”). Hopefully that is around 2-3 months after launch, so as I can still get it when at least half of the community from launch is still around when I play it.

If it ends up not looking like it was worth the buy, well that’s another $60 that I could use on another game or DLC for other games. Fallout 4 may be out around Halo 5’s launch, and there may be more DLC out for other games I decide to get before Halo 5’s release.

I don’t agree with your conspiracy theory…

But the days are getting longer. And they are still light years ahead of the lying liars of Bioware and their entire game of half efforts.

> But the days are getting longer. And they are still light years ahead of the lying liars of Bioware and their entire game of half efforts.

I loled, I too have been stung by the bee of betrayal that was bioware, may they never rest in piece!!!

> I don’t agree with your conspiracy theory…

Facts speak for themselves, but if you would expand, unlike most I do value other peoples opinion!

I agree 100%. especially after reading the other thread about 343i outsourced the halo 4 project. I actually think halo 4 is the ending of halo.

When 343 steals a fair use sample photo from some poor schmucks portfolio (thats only online to showcase the photographer and model in hopes of gaining them a job) does a five minute photoshop and lens flare on it and sticks said image into their multimillion dollar game with not on person anywhere in the entire company questioning it, then I’ll know “there’s trouble in River City”.

> It was started in 2009.

No that was mostly pre planning and staffing, if you read about the development the bulk of it started in 2011, the main team that worked on multiplayer joined in 2011 for crying out loud.

> TL; DR: I don’t care how long or little Halo 5 or other Halo’s take to come out. It’s if they are great or flops that matters to me, and I will not pre-order any of them just to be safe.
>
> Whether Halo 5 is going to have a longer or shorter production time is not going to phase me. What I am going to do is what I should have done with several games: <mark>stop pre-ordering</mark>. Instead, I’m just going to wait and see how things go over with the game when it comes out, and depending on what I hear and see will determine if I get Halo 5. Granted it will be hard to filter the blind fans from the blind hater’s posts, but I’d rather try to do so than just spend another $60 just to have another Halo 4.
>
> If I do get it, it will be well after the game has had its beta (or better known as “when the game just came out but still needs tweaks”). Hopefully that is around 2-3 months after launch, so as I can still get it when at least half of the community from launch is still around when I play it.
>
> If it ends up not looking like it was worth the buy, well that’s another $60 that I could use on another game or DLC for other games. Fallout 4 may be out around Halo 5’s launch, and there may be more DLC out for other games I decide to get before Halo 5’s release.

But timing is an issue I would prefer to rest assured that a product I buy has been quality tested, why would I want to buy a product that has been rushed and isn’t complete, thats not very good for business!

> > It was started in 2009.
>
> No that was mostly pre planning and staffing, if you read about the development the bulk of it started in 2011, the main team that worked on multiplayer joined in 2011 for crying out loud.

Source?

Also, the multiplayer isn’t what takes up years of development time but rather the story so it would make sense that the MM people didn’t join until later.

> > It was started in 2009.
>
> No that was mostly pre planning and staffing, if you read about the development the bulk of it started in 2011, the main team that worked on multiplayer joined in 2011 for crying out loud.

Isn’t that the case for most game development, I think thats how it usually goes they just dont say it flat out.

And I don’t think anyone would disagree this game should have had more time in development. There are a lot of features that were incomplete that were shipped…that should never be acceptable. Fileshare incomplete, some custom game options are bugged (instaspawns), some features are missing from Customs and Forge. And some things they promised like Rank system are just “TO BE ADDED at a later date” lol…like 343’s sorta -Yoink- on their own integrity on making games with their first major one.

Halo is a very complete and well polished game. You have not seen a game release when it truly wasnt ready if you think otherwise.

I tend to agree OP, I wont be pre-ordering the next Halo.

If they push out Halo 5 in 2014, I will be very, very skeptical. To the point that I won’t preorder, and I’ll probably wait a few weeks to try it out before I buy it.

Halo’s need time. I don’t want the same re-hashed engine with recycled mechanics.

> Halo is a very complete and well polished game. You have not seen a game release when it truly wasnt ready if you think otherwise.

Fable 2

Fable 3

This man speaks the truth.

Halo 5 will release in 2015, and development on it has already started, considering how large 343i’s team is I am happy to see effort being put into Halo 5 already and I know it will be worth it.

> <mark>Halo is a very complete and well polished game.</mark> You have not seen a game release when it truly wasnt ready if you think otherwise.

No it isn’t.