Damn Those Holograms!

Does anyone else out there fall for the Holograms much? I have noticed that some players have been using them very strategically on the map in order to distract players on my team. Initially, they are indifferent from any real player at the beginning, but I then find stomach sinking as I realize that it is only running in a straight line as well as glitching out; and while I am just noticing these obvious traits of an artificial intelligence as I find myself being assassinated from behind!

All you have to do is look at them and when no name/gamertag shows then you have an hologram.

Don’t feel bad. I use the Hologram all the time and lots of people of all skill levels still fall for it. It’s especially funny when Boltshot or Rocket campers shoot their wad too early and get a faceful of frag instead.

If you ever really want to mess with people, queue up with friends, have everyone equip hologram and spam it! The amount of chaos and confusion it creates is glorious.

It’s especially fun when you use stealth and hologram. PV users can’t see you, so they shoot the holo. Easy kills.

What makes the Hologram so deadly is that it not only shows up on the motion tracker, but also is an aim-assist magnet.

It’s very rewarding when the Ten-year-old with the sword goes for my hologram, and then it is a quick and brutal assassination. A very satisfying slit of the throat, even the sword carries hubris.

Normally I can spot a Hologram as soon as I see it, but sometimes they’ll catch me in the heat of the moment…

One way I can tell Holos apart from real dudes is that I aim at a target, and if it shows the gamertag on top, then its real and i get a kill (most of the time). If it doesn’t show a name above the “target” then its a Holo.

whoops someone already said that

> Does anyone else out there fall for the Holograms much? I have noticed that some players have been using them very strategically on the map in order to distract players on my team. Initially, they are indifferent from any real player at the beginning, but I then find stomach sinking as I realize that it is only running in a straight line as well as glitching out; and while I am just noticing these obvious traits of an artificial intelligence as I find myself being assassinated from behind!

Yes! I have.

The worst case was when I was in the Scorpion on Exile.

I got First Strike…then another single kill…then took out the Gauss Hog for a Triple Kill…a second Hog and people near it for the Killtasptrophe…then another shot netted the Killpocaypse…

…I had about seven Blue enemies running towards me…I only need one kill for the Killionaire…yes…yes…here it comes…first Killionaire…fires the shot…yeah baby…no…no Oh Dear Freaking Hologram Injustice Multi-kill Gods…it was a freaking Hologram. By the time I reloaded and it was gone…LMAO [Yes, I can laugh about it now but, back then…]

I love hologram. It’s my favourite AA and works almost every time.