Damage ModifyingI

In Halo 4 we should have more customization than just global player damage.

Someone proposed individual weapon traits, but that is too complicated and will take too much time and thought to make a custom gametype, doesn’t mean its not possible, i just have a simpler solution.

Go to Base Player Traits>>Weapons and Damage>>Weapon specific damage
Weapon specific damage allows you to change the damage dealt by groups of weapons.

Automatic Single-wielded: [Percent of damage dealt] “The Assault Rifle and Plasma Repeater”
Precision Medium ranged:[Percent of damage dealt] “Carbine and BR”
Close Quarters: [Percent of damage dealt] “Shotgun, Sword, and Gravity hammer”
Precision Long Ranged: [Percent of Damage dealt] “Sniper Rifles”
Heavy Weapons: [Percent of damage dealt] “Rocket Launcher, Splaser, FRG, Plasma Launcher, Turrets on tripods”
Light vehicle weaponry: [Percent of damage dealt] “Plasma blasters, and turrets”
Heavy vehicle weaponry: [Percent of damage dealt] "Scorpion shells, Wraith and Revenant Mortar, banshee bomb, Gauss cannon, and RocketHog.

Grenade damage: [Percent of damage]
Grenade blast radius: [Meters, in increments of .2]

What do you guys think of this? should they put it in?

Edit: I forgot Dual wieldable weapons.

> Although I see what you are trying to do in making the options simpler to manipulate, I think that weapon specific damage customisation options would still be the way to go. It wouldn’t be any more complicated to set up than a Firefight gametype is now, and it would add so much more variety and potential for new gametypes. Perhaps you could have all three: Global Weapon Damage, Weapon Class Damage and Weapon Specifc Damage.

I agree. Individual weapon damage modifiers allow for so much possibilities. it wouldn’t be overly complicated, just a bit more complicated than it currently is. There would, of course, stil be option to change global player damage and maybe even damages to different weapon classes.

We should still get as deep custom game options as possible, it’s useful in the long run as tweaking core gameplay wouldn’t require title updates anymore, just simple matchmaking updates.

> > Although I see what you are trying to do in making the options simpler to manipulate, I think that weapon specific damage customisation options would still be the way to go. It wouldn’t be any more complicated to set up than a Firefight gametype is now, and it would add so much more variety and potential for new gametypes. Perhaps you could have all three: Global Weapon Damage, Weapon Class Damage and Weapon Specifc Damage.
>
> I agree. Individual weapon damage modifiers allow for so much possibilities. it wouldn’t be overly complicated, just a bit more complicated than it currently is. There would, of course, stil be option to change global player damage and maybe even damages to different weapon classes.
>
> We should still get as deep custom game options as possible, it’s useful in the long run as tweaking core gameplay wouldn’t require title updates anymore, just simple matchmaking updates.

Hmm true that tsassi! I agree with this post