Damage Dealt Stat

I’ve been paying more attention to the “Damage Dealt” statistic at the end of matches, thinking that it is important to team success. I just finished a game of slayer with 23 kills and recorded only 870 damage! Something about this statistic seems broken to me. I know I didn’t just dink 23 enemy spartans for kill steals. I had 4 perfects with the DMR, 16 total DMR headshots, and again, 23 kills! An opponent had 9 kills and did more damage. How is this possible? Is there something that I don’t understand about how this stat is calculated?

I never really looked into stats much but will pay attention next time I’m on. This is very interesting

> 2533274873071702;1:
> I’ve been paying more attention to the “Damage Dealt” statistic at the end of matches, thinking that it is important to team success. I just finished a game of slayer with 23 kills and recorded only 870 damage! Something about this statistic seems broken to me. I know I didn’t just dink 23 enemy spartans for kill steals. I had 4 perfects with the DMR, 16 total DMR headshots, and again, 23 kills! An opponent had 9 kills and did more damage. How is this possible? Is there something that I don’t understand about how this stat is calculated?

This is easily possible. Say, you shoot 5 guys and kill all of them, and the other guy shot 20 guys, brought them all near death, but didn’t manage to kill them. The other guy would have dealt more damage.

It is entirely possible. How many assists did you have? You may have killed 23 but most of them might of been weak from your teammates. Not saying kill stealing is bad because it is a team game. I’m not sure how much damage it is total for a full-shield Spartan. I want to say it could be 100 in which case you did 400 damage for 4 of your kills and 19 of them (plus assists) on the rest of your damage (470). While it seems odd that must be the case but I’ll have to test it out in customs.

The stat is sometimes broken. I saw a guy with over 30 kills and under 100 in damage. Sometimes it even shows 0 damage

> 2533274921588850;5:
> The stat is sometimes broken. I saw a guy with over 30 kills and under 100 in damage. Sometimes it even shows 0 damage

I agree. I just earned a perfection and the stat said zero…