Daily xp limit is a joke

I know there are threads on this already- but I just want to make a point.

Imagine if Call of Duty had a daily xp limit. That would be pretty stupid, right? People play COD so they can rank up, get better perks/guns, and then prestige so they can do it all over again. So a daily xp limit would make no sense. At all.

343, just think about what I wrote above for a minute, and ask yourself… how is a daily xp limit any less stupid for Halo? You implemented a ranking system similar to COD, which grants us unlockable guns and custimization options and in addition to that, many hardcore Halo fans, myself included, stocked up on double xp codes so we could rank up really fast! Now not only can we not rank up, but if we play, the game still takes away our double xp tokens! You are essentially forcing us to stop playing your game WHEN IT JUST CAME OUT!!!

I love Halo 4, but the outright incompetence displayed by 343 in regards to this level cap is baffling, to say the least… not only does it stop people form playing when they hit the limit, and makes them angsty about playing the next day, because they know they can only play a certain amount of games!!! A lot of us have busy lives and took a couple days off work so we could enjoy this game for a little bit… and that’s who 343 is really hurting. Not the idiot boosters. Not the no life hackers. The die hard halo fans who shelled out money for the limited edition, the console, and mountain dew for the double xp codes.

GET RID OF THE DAILY XP LIMIT!!!

/rant

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

How is my thread on the third page already… bump

I have been really loving this game since it came out. Though one of the things that does irk me about the game is the online daily credit limit. I mean it’s not really the whole not getting xp during matches, I lose xp from commendations I unlock. 3,000 xp, 5,000xp, now all turned to 0. If you are going to have a daily cap, at the very least have the commendations/challenges accounted for.

Atleast increase it alot so legit players never hit it.

343 this is a pretty easy fix… why can’t you just remove the cap? Why sit around and wait for a week, when people are just going to get angrier and angrier? Why not just remove the cap BEFORE people get angry? You see, that thing I just did… that’s called logic

I agree. I only played a few hours yesterday and hit the limit. Today the same thing, played a few hours and hit the limit. What is the purpose of Double XP codes if you hit a limit in just a few hours of non-double experience play time? And I don’t want to get nothing for my commendations either. I understand limits that stop boosters, but this limit is stopping your everyday average legitimate player.

Or just make it take longer to rank up…just as long as I can play the game for multiple hours a day, use some double xp codes, and not hit the limit.

Please Fix …

call the WAHHHHHHMBULANCE!

Day 1: 1-24
Day 2: 24-32
Day 3: 32-33

Stupid.

There’s seriously another daily limit? I would have figured 343 would have learned from Bungie’s mistakes.

> call the WAHHHHHHMBULANCE!

Offering a double xp promotion and then limiting the amount of xp you can earn is almost as illogical as the ending to Mass Effect 3. But lets not go there

I agree half a match of my 2xp code was wasted because I hit the limit. Why should we be punished for playing halo 4 only. COD cant compete and no other shooter can.

This cap is a bad idea. Why play if I will not be allowed to continue my rank progress after say like 50,000 xp a day?

How much xp is the cap? Because I’m SR 28 and I never hit it…

> > call the WAHHHHHHMBULANCE!
>
> Offering a double xp promotion and then limiting the amount of xp you can earn is almost as illogical as the ending to Mass Effect 3. But lets not go there

Quoted for win.

9,800ish xp into Sr31… I was ONE LEVEL off Sr32 and being able to unlock the assassination pose. I could understand a daily XP cap on the dew caps but why should legitimate players be punished? Ugh… Get your stuff together, 343!!!

Mamodxx

I really don’t know, but I think a lot of pople are hitting it after 40-50 games, which may sound like a lot, but when you add in the double xp, that cuts the games in half.

> > > call the WAHHHHHHMBULANCE!
> >
> > Offering a double xp promotion and then limiting the amount of xp you can earn is almost as illogical as the ending to Mass Effect 3. But lets not go there
>
> Quoted for win.

I also quote for win.

But seriously…

Day 1: SR 1-24
Day 2: SR 24-32
Day 3: SR 32-33

Sooo tomorrow i will hit 34 and it will likely take 2 days to surpass it? Then even more days as we progress and ranks require more XP?

That is rediculously stupid.

Well that sucks… :l

Thank you though!

> Mamodxx
>
> I really don’t know, but I think a lot of pople are hitting it after 40-50 games, which may sound like a lot, but when you add in the double xp, that cuts the games in half.

With the weekly challenges… i hit it in 4 games.

Went from 32-33 and hit it. Pretty stupid.

Now i understand i can still play… but all my commendations that i earn for 1000xp+ are wasted… why would i want to keep playing?

Completely agree get rid of the xp cap it’s pointless.