Daily/Weekly/Monthly Bounties For Req points/packs

Would be a great addition.

Could have various task that spread across Multiplayer,Campaign,custom games and Forge that rewards players more req points and req packs.

(An Example)

Daily

• Kill 100 Grunts in Campaign (250 req)
  • Save A Custom Forge Map (250 req)
  • Spartan Charge 10 enemies in Multiplayer (500 req)
  • Stay alive for 5 minutes in a Custom Game Match
  • Complete all the daily bounties (1 Silver Req Pack)

Weekly

• Complete A Campaign Mission on Legendary with (?) skulls on (1 Gold Req Pack)
  • Kill 1000 enemy spartans in multiplayer (1 Gold Req Pack)
  • Achieve 100 multi kill medals

Monthly

• Complete 50 Bounties (5 Gold req Packs/50,000req)

Why has no one talked about this? This is a -Yoinking!- great idea! Just like a Reach. I love it. Hopefully they’ll add it in after the Cartographer’s Gift Update

I wholeheartedly agree! I’ve wondered about this myself, and I think this should be something they implement as time goes on, and when the amount of available REQs increases to a massive size this WILL be implemented. It will certainly help casual players to achieve that little-bit-more, and reward regular players with the ability to complete their stack of REQs!

They need to reintroduce the jackpot concept for finishing a match, from Reach.

It’d help people to not quit the game - who didn’t love that occasional 30000 credit jackpot bonus for finishing a match?

> 2533274809733661;3:
> I wholeheartedly agree! I’ve wondered about this myself, and I think this should be something they implement as time goes on, and when the amount of available REQs increases to a massive size this WILL be implemented. It will certainly help casual players to achieve that little-bit-more, and reward regular players with the ability to complete their stack of REQs!

Yeah and it won’t cause the MT’s to stop so free DLC will keep rolling. I think that’s why they won’t implement it. It might hinder the process. But I doubt it. Highly. You’ll have Greenskull still spending about $1000 in Gold Req packs xD

> 2533274939018653;4:
> They need to reintroduce the jackpot concept for finishing a match, from Reach.
>
> It’d help people to not quit the game - who didn’t love that occasional 30000 credit jackpot bonus for finishing a match?

YES! This too! God, do you think 343 reads the forums? Because if they added this I can almost guarantee you there will be more people exited to play Warzone and Arena. Daily’s that give you RP, weekly’s that give one gold pack and monthly that’s gives idk, 5 gold packs. What OP said. And jackpot will keep the players from quitting games early

> 2533274881937413;5:
> > 2533274809733661;3:
> > I wholeheartedly agree! I’ve wondered about this myself, and I think this should be something they implement as time goes on, and when the amount of available REQs increases to a massive size this WILL be implemented. It will certainly help casual players to achieve that little-bit-more, and reward regular players with the ability to complete their stack of REQs!
>
>
> Yeah and it won’t cause the MT’s to stop so free DLC will keep rolling. I think that’s why they won’t implement it. It might hinder the process. But I doubt it. Highly. You’ll have Greenskull still spending about $1000 in Gold Req packs xD

Maybe change the rewards for weeklies to XP rather than RP? That would mean at most people will level up once a week at the higher levels, and will only get occasional REQ Packs?

This would absolutely fit and is clearly an idea that works and encourages people to play all facets of the game. Bungie knew this with Reach and Destiny, how many players come back every day to complete challenges/bounties? I would play a lot more often if the game had multiplayer challenges for me to focus on and adding a way to get REQ for Campaign is something that is sorely needed since the Campaign offers little reason to go back.

Everybody has thought of this. I’ve thought of this since launch why in the heck this game doesn’t do Daily/Weekly challenges for a few REQ points, it’s the perfect type of game for it. I always wondered why Battlefield 4 doesn’t do it either, but at least they do “Community Challenges” of sorts for a free Battlepack every once in a while.

The other thing that I don’t understand in this game is the lack of focus on Commendations. It’s like they are kinda buried in your Start menu. Why not pop it up on the screen when you’re close to finishing one? Make it really small in the top middle, people love stuff flashing on the screen within reason. It would be nice if say you were one kill away from stage 4 of killing Grunts if when you got 15 of 15 or whatever you needed, it would have the Grunt Commendation symbol pop up & say you just received experience then show you that you need 50 of 50 for the next stage, etc. Just a real fast flash of it, they never really give you any clue when you’ve just received experience or completed a Commendation as far as not having to click on it on the final scoreboard & remember every single one. Why not just pop up in-game the ones you just completed real fast followed by the reward? Then all they’d have to do is give you a few Advanced Option in the Options Menu like Battlefield does if you’d like to Disable those pop-ups. I also wouldn’t mind if they gave you an option to Disable the Kill Log/Kill Feed popping up scrolling all the time.

> 2535436194833899;9:
> Everybody has thought of this. I’ve thought of this since launch why in the heck this game doesn’t do Daily/Weekly challenges for a few REQ points, it’s the perfect type of game for it. I always wondered why Battlefield 4 doesn’t do it either, but at least they do “Community Challenges” of sorts for a free Battlepack every once in a while. The other thing that I don’t understand in this game is the lack of focus on Commendations. It’s like they are kinda buried in your Start menu. Why not pop it up on the screen when you’re close to finishing one? Make it really small in the top middle, people love stuff flashing on the screen within reason. It would be nice if say you were one kill away from stage 4 of killing Grunts if when you got 15 of 15 or whatever you needed, it would have the Grunt Commendation symbol pop up & say you just received experience then show you that you need 50 of 50 for the next stage, etc. Just a real fast flash of it, they never really give you any clue when you’ve just received experience or completed a Commendation.

That’s true. They’re hidden in your start menu under commendations. But it does not take time to check them and after each game it highlights all the ones you progressed on during the match

> 2533274821813997;8:
> This would absolutely fit and is clearly an idea that works and encourages people to play all facets of the game. Bungie knew this with Reach and Destiny, how many players come back every day to complete challenges/bounties? I would play a lot more often if the game had multiplayer challenges for me to focus on and adding a way to get REQ for Campaign is something that is sorely needed since the Campaign offers little reason to go back.

Yeah that’s what I loved and why Reach was so popular. It all revolved around multiplayer and challenges/bounties. Everyone played Campaign again (besides it being fun af), no one left matches early (unless they were really mad/lag/glitch) and everyone had an overall good time. Add that to H5 and boom, people’ll play again, have a better time and the longevity of the game could last til H6 (maybe more?). Hell, Reach’s challenges are still going on this very minute no?

Not to open that whole can of worms again, but I think just because somebody remembers Reach a certain way, that doesn’t mean EVERYBODY felt that way about Reach & the majority actually didn’t like that game much. I will agree that Daily/Weekly challenges were a good idea though & it kept people playing along with the fact that Halo 5 could really benefit from something like that.

> 2533274809733661;7:
> > 2533274881937413;5:
> > > 2533274809733661;3:
> > > I wholeheartedly agree! I’ve wondered about this myself, and I think this should be something they implement as time goes on, and when the amount of available REQs increases to a massive size this WILL be implemented. It will certainly help casual players to achieve that little-bit-more, and reward regular players with the ability to complete their stack of REQs!
> >
> >
> > Yeah and it won’t cause the MT’s to stop so free DLC will keep rolling. I think that’s why they won’t implement it. It might hinder the process. But I doubt it. Highly. You’ll have Greenskull still spending about $1000 in Gold Req packs xD
>
>
> Maybe change the rewards for weeklies to XP rather than RP? That would mean at most people will level up once a week at the higher levels, and will only get occasional REQ Packs?

Yeah, or just one gold pack. One gold pack won’t hurt but I can assume they just won’t throw them at at us. And along the lines of the jackpot I live it because you can possibly (Reach) get 30K credits, and for us here in War Games that’s three gold packs. Not bad if you ask me. However I do think the monthly reward is fair

> 2535436194833899;11:
> Daily/Weekly challenges were a good idea though & it kept people playing along with the fact that Halo 5 could really benefit from something like that.

That’s the point I was trying to get across :slight_smile:

I dunno. I have bad memories of players going for more melees/sticks than was advisable in an effort to meet those bonuses. I think they’re a great idea on paper, but in practice it’s just irritating to be stuck with a teammate who is doing nothing but trying to splatter the whole match for a couple extra reqels.

That would be awesome if it was implemented. However, would people still buy the REQ pack points with real life money?

agree, I hope they’ll bring back the challenges and the random jackpot as it was in Reach

> 2533274972233335;15:
> That would be awesome if it was implemented. However, would people still buy the REQ pack points with real life money?

Oh yeah definitely. Just moderate the rewards for such challenges and weekly and jackpot and monthly so on so forth. Just look at GTA, tons of people still buy shark cards. And also look at Greenskull, he’ll never stop buying packs

> 2533274823519895;14:
> In practice it’s just irritating to be stuck with a teammate who is doing nothing but trying to splatter the whole match for a couple extra reqels.

Yeah I was one of those players early on in Halo 4 because I really wanted the bright green visor. I can understand the concern.

Thankfully I got the visor I wanted for Halo 5 a week or so ago, bless you RNGsus (yes, the bright pink one I’m wearing now lol)

> 2533274809733661;18:
> > 2533274823519895;14:
> > In practice it’s just irritating to be stuck with a teammate who is doing nothing but trying to splatter the whole match for a couple extra reqels.
>
>
> Yeah I was one of those players early on in Halo 4 because I really wanted the bright green visor. I can understand the concern.
>
> Thankfully I got the visor I wanted for Halo 5 a week or so ago, bless you RNGsus (yes, the bright pink one I’m wearing now lol)

Hoping RNGsus will give me Helljumper for Christmas

Daily/weekly/monthly bounties are one of the main reasons Destiny can hold onto so many players despite the long grind. A REQ jackpot after each would also be great .Actual performance should also be rewarded. A few days ago, I lost something like 5 warzone games in a row, but I was the #1 player in my team each game, and some of the games even the best player on both teams. This should be rewarded, because as of now accumulating REQ points is ONLY grinding, because it the reward consist of only two variables: Winning/losing and completing the match. So, you are not rewarded for playing great og bad, only whether you win or lose and complete the match. This gives players incentives to boost REQ points, and there have been several complaints of people doing excactly that. Req points should also be awarded for playing campaign and costum games. In past Halo games I have played the campagin the most, but I haven’t even touched the campaign (despite liking it) after completing it because I want unlock those precious few req cards as fast as possible.

I like the idea behind the req system, but the way req points is awarded is executed poorly and is too grindy instead of more performance based.