Daily Login Packs

I have been thinking about this for a while now. Do daily login packs give you better items if opened on waypoint? Every day i go onto waypoint to post and i open my daily login pack. It seems every day I receive at least one ultra rare and 1/3 of the time a legendary and rarely a permanent req, I cannot recall getting a permanent req or legendary when I opened it in Halo 5. What are your thoughts? Do you think it applies to other req packs?

I think you’re experiencing is random chance, despite how it may seem. There is no reason why the probabilities would change depending on where you open the pack. If you think you have more luck opening packs on Waypoint, go for it. But there is no mathematical reason to suggest Waypoint is better for opening packs than in Halo 5 game.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> I think you’re experiencing is random chance, despite how it may seem. There is no reason why the probabilities would change depending on where you open the pack. If you think you have more luck opening packs on Waypoint, go for it. But there is no mathematical reason to suggest Waypoint is better for opening packs than in Halo 5 game.

I believe that the code for calculating the reqs received must be different be from xbox. I could swear there’s a diffference

> 2535418492756968;3:
> I believe that the code for calculating the reqs received must be different be from xbox. I could swear there’s a diffference

There is no reason for that to be so. There’s no benefit to it from a logical or business standpoint. If anything, it would make more sense for chances to be better opening packs in Halo 5, to encourage people to actually be in the game. What you’re experiencing is, in all likelihood, random chance that just has happened to be favorable.

But by all means, if you think otherwise, collect some data to present. For a sufficient sample size you’ll need to open Daily Login packs on both Waypoint and Halo 5 many many times. 300 times each is a start. Record each instance of a permanent and ultra rare/legendary REQ unlock you get for each condition, then tabulate which one gave you more. Even then the results won’t be truly conclusive, but it would be more compelling evidence than “I believe”.

If facts were based on feelings, I’d be out of a job.

> 2535418492756968;3:
> > 2533274817408735;2:
> > I think you’re experiencing is random chance, despite how it may seem. There is no reason why the probabilities would change depending on where you open the pack. If you think you have more luck opening packs on Waypoint, go for it. But there is no mathematical reason to suggest Waypoint is better for opening packs than in Halo 5 game.
>
> I believe that the code for calculating the reqs received must be different be from xbox. I could swear there’s a diffference

I do also notice a difference. I got the Muse and Dianthus visors from Login Packs on Waypoint. Never got a permanent REQ from an in-game opening.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> > 2535418492756968;3:
> > I believe that the code for calculating the reqs received must be different be from xbox. I could swear there’s a diffference
>
> There is no reason for that to be so. There’s no benefit to it from a logical or business standpoint. If anything, it would make more sense for chances to be better opening packs in Halo 5, to encourage people to actually be in the game. What you’re experiencing is, in all likelihood, random chance that just has happened to be favorable.
>
> But by all means, if you think otherwise, collect some data to present. For a sufficient sample size you’ll need to open Daily Login packs on both Waypoint and Halo 5 many many times. 300 times each is a start. Record each instance of a permanent and ultra rare/legendary REQ unlock you get for each condition, then tabulate which one gave you more. Even then the results won’t be truly conclusive, but it would be more compelling evidence than “I believe”.
>
> If facts were based on feelings, I’d be out of a job.

haha 300 is too much. I’ll probably start with 10. Just out of curiosity, what are the chances of getting a ultra rare in a DL pack? Legendary?

I do notice it too but it’s kinda tied between waypoint and halo 5. chimera30 is right. I do get legendaries and ultra from halo 5 just as well as waypoint.

> 2535418492756968;1:
> I have been thinking about this for a while now. Do daily login packs give you better items if opened on waypoint? Every day i go onto waypoint to post and i open my daily login pack. It seems every day I receive at least one ultra rare and 1/3 of the time a legendary and rarely a permanent req, I cannot recall getting a permanent req or legendary when I opened it in Halo 5. What are your thoughts? Do you think it applies to other req packs?

The REQ packs are rng both in game and here on Waypoint, I agree with other replies. Why would they rig them in favour of Waypoint ?

> 2535418492756968;6:
> haha 300 is too much. I’ll probably start with 10.

Chimera30 suggested a large number for a reason.

> 2535418492756968;6:
> Just out of curiosity, what are the chances of getting a ultra rare in a DL pack? Legendary?

As far as I know it’s not possible to get those from login packs but I could be wrong.

> 2535418492756968;3:

They’ll both be hitting the same endpoints on the back end, wouldn’t make sens for them to duplicate the endpoints for this

> 2533274904158628;9:
> > 2535418492756968;6:
> > haha 300 is too much. I’ll probably start with 10.
>
> Chimera30 suggested a large number for a reason.
>
>
> > 2535418492756968;6:
> > Just out of curiosity, what are the chances of getting a ultra rare in a DL pack? Legendary?
>
> As far as I know it’s not possible to get those from login packs but I could be wrong.

i get them almost every day on waypoint. i feel as if there is a mistake on waypoint for calculating what reqs you recieve

I open my daily req packs on Waypoint, as I login while having my morning coffee. Only bonus I notice is being able to just click on each item to see how many I have, instead of scrolling through everything.

I opened my login pack today and yesterday
Xbox: 2 commons 2 uncommons 1 rare
Waypoint:2 commons 1 rare 2 ultra rares

> 2535418492756968;13:
> I opened my login pack today and yesterday
> Xbox: 2 commons 2 uncommons 1 rare
> Waypoint:2 commons 1 rare 2 ultra rares

A sample size of one day for each condition is hardly proof. Even 10 days wouldn’t be enough. You need to get into triple digits to just start approaching the threshold of credibility.

I only recently found out I could open packs online. brilliant Idea as I can’t always get on the xbox! :slight_smile:

> 2533274877058740;15:
> I only recently found out I could open packs online. brilliant Idea as I can’t always get on the xbox! :slight_smile:

<mark>Please don’t revive old threads.</mark>