Daily Challenges to incentivize players into trying new things

I always liked how some daily challenges made me play Reach a different way, whether by choosing the grenade launcher in FF, killing enemies while jetpacking in matchmaking, or finishing a campaign level without dying. I just don’t believe the daily challenges are being used to their full potential in offering players a lot of different playstyles. One specific daily challenge I hope would be in matchmaking is one that involves getting “X” amount of wheelmen, wheelmen sprees, or road hogs (perhaps even Road Rages?).

Whenever I play BTB or a similar playlist with vehicles, the Warthogs and Falcons are the most unused vehicles. I can understand why people wouldn’t want to get into these vehicles due to their structural integrity most similar to a paper mache doll, but this was a problem in the past Halo’s too (though not as much as Reach to be fair). Incentivizing players into using these vehicles might turn more people into drivers or pilots. At the very least it will allow them to experience Reach on a different level.

To be honest they need remove things such as cR and all the junk you unlock for just playing the game. The FPS genre hasn’t taken a single step forward since the days of Halo 2. Players are addicted to getting rewarded like dogs for every little thing they do. It’s sad really, to watch gaming go from hardcore to casual. I can honestly say that I miss the days that people would look at me funny if I mentioned being a gamer. What ever happened to exploring new gameplay mechanics? What ever happened to accepting a challenge and completing it? In this day and age it seems as though games are made so easy that even soccer moms can complete games on the hardest setting. I just don’t get it, when will these Farmville loving, Facebook F5ing, non-gamers stop playing videogames? I never thought I would see the day that my favorite hobby would get ruined by social networking.

Farmville and the like aren’t real gamers.

And I don’t think cR is such a bad thing. Sure Halo would be fun without for a while, but I think the conquest and the journey add just that extra bit to keep me coming back.

> I always liked how some daily challenges made me play Reach a different way, whether by choosing the grenade launcher in FF, killing enemies while jetpacking in matchmaking, or finishing a campaign level without dying. I just don’t believe the daily challenges are being used to their full potential in offering players a lot of different playstyles. One specific daily challenge I hope would be in matchmaking is one that involves getting “X” amount of wheelmen, wheelmen sprees, or road hogs (perhaps even Road Rages?).
>
> Whenever I play BTB or a similar playlist with vehicles, the Warthogs and Falcons are the most unused vehicles. I can understand why people wouldn’t want to get into these vehicles due to their structural integrity most similar to a paper mache doll, but this was a problem in the past Halo’s too (though not as much as Reach to be fair). Incentivizing players into using these vehicles might turn more people into drivers or pilots. At the very least it will allow them to experience Reach on a different level.

whaaat!? in halo 3 they were strong as hell, it was awesome to be in vehicles! i was honestly suprised they decided to nerf vehicles as much as they did (never played the beta because my xbox borked, but i assume the vehicles were stronger then?).

but yeah, i like varied challenges. things like “blastin and relaxin” are fine, but challenges like “now i have machine gun” showed me the AR really isn’t as bad as people think it is.

Now, my personal feelings towards the weekly challenges is that they are simply not challenging!
I have had exams for most of the week, and still managed to obtain the weekly challenge and i personally think that without the exams, i would have been able to do it three times as quick! (Not trying to brag!)
Some of you may not necessarily like the idea that i am gonna try and put across but here it goes anyway.
I propose a test. By this i mean test the loyalty of the players, how much more game time can be done with the Credits for the weekly challenge considerably higher! I don’t just mean from 15,000 to something like 20,000, i mean like 15,000 to 50,000! DONT STOP READING JUST YET!
I want to take this time to refer pack to what i said before and that is that this would merely be a one time test and maybe if the test is successful, who knows, maybe do it a few more times in the future!
Now of course this challenge would actually be a CHALLENGE!!! not something that you could do in a day, for example: LASO Winter contigency. YOU CAN DO THAT IN ONE DAY!
In my opinion that is a daily challenge!
This weekly challenge TEST would have to be something extremely difficult that only the extremely loyal would be able to complete. However, not only could this boost the amount of players in one week by a considerable amount more than previous, but it would give players a reason to keep playing, and keep them occupied for the entire week.
So now that you have heard what i have to say and the proposition that i have for this TEST, let me give you some examples of what these weekly challenges would be!
Complete the entire campaign LASO
10,000 multiplayer matchmaking kills
100,000 firefight kills
Achieve an arena rating of at least 1700 each day of the week
Perform 100 assassinations
obtain 20 perfections in the arena
play 300 games of invasion
Some of the examples may not be that challenging but thats why i would like to ask you, the community!
Do you like this idea?
If not, then why?
Do you have any ideas of your own for the weekly challenges?
Would you like to see this idea put into practise?
If you like this idea then please, make this thread known, imagine how satisfying it would be to obtain 50,000 credits after a weeks worth of hard work!
Thank you for reading and get posting!

50 000 cR would be far too small a reward for all that trouble. You’d be better off just playing normally.

Also, you should take into consideration that a lot of the players have a life outside of their X-Box 360, as well.

I don’t like how you dragged loyalty into the equation, it seems as though you would imply that the players who either work/go to school or spend time with their friends/partners are disloyal to the Halo franchise.

I for one play an unhealthy amount, enough so that it bothers my girlfriend**(approximately 5-7 hours each day, much more in the weekends)**, and yet I can see how I wouldn’t be able to finish a Weekly Challenge like this given the time I use. Do you suggest I should forego a real life relationship if I wish to be a loyal Halo fan?

I reject your proposition.