Daily Challenge Payouts Really Skewed Badly!

Let’s look at today’s Daily Challenges, shall we?

Covenant-cideKill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking – 3200cR
Okay not bad, right? One game of Score Attack on a map w/ Drop Pods and it’s a pretty easy game and 3200 extra credits.

Hyper Lethal VectorKill 200 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking – 3000cR
Again, not too bad, but still a bit on the low side when you consider most people storm into Firefight with Rockets or FRC - which means they actually have to “play” and not just “spray & pray”. Two games on Beachhead or Corvette in Score Attack and this one is pretty easy to accomplish as well. Might even be nice to incorporate this with the above challenge.

Heroic SpelunkingKill 125 enemies on Glacier on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking – 1100cR
Wh-wh-wh-what? So let me get this straight … 2200 LESS in cR than the Covenant-cide challenge for killing 5 more enemies on a specific map which MAY or MAY NOT come up in the voting, even in Score Attack or FF Doubles? Really??

Fortified CourtKill 1000 enemies on Courtyard in Firefight Matchmaking – 3000cR
SAY WHAT? REALLY? So now we have only 3000 cR for killing HOW MANY? 1000? That’s nine games of Score Attack on Courtyard for an amount even less than for killing 120 on ANY FF Matchmaking map!

I’m sorry but these challenges are going BACKWARDS under the 343 regime. What started out as nice payouts is now taking a drastic step back to the “old days” of 9/14/11 and another company running this game when we were all Recruits and a 1000 challenge looked like a ton of credits for a lot of work.

I feel bad for those who still are working hard to rank up, especially my friends who are closing in on reaching the plateau I’ve managed to get to where I can “just play” for Commendations and for fun and not worry about when I’m going to hit the next rank so I can buy this shiny new armour piece for my “Spartan Barbie.” These kinds of payouts royally tank, especially when you’re expected to earn some of them on specific maps and they are maps most people don’t want!

Courtyard is really only good for some of the tougher commendations like Riflin’ Through, Trigger Happy, Backup or Perfectionist. Otherwise it does absolutely ZERO for ones like Vehicular and Grounded - two of the half-a-dozen commendations most people don’t have to Gold or Onyx yet even with this game having been out for over 15 months.

C’mon 343 … you were supposed to be BETTER than the guys who ran this before. Stop following their lead and MAKE this a better experience for all those working hard on their ranks with limited time (or patience). And make the payouts really MEAN something for hard work. 1000 enemies on a specific map should be a LOT higher of payout than 3000 cR!

I don’t understand why people complain about FREE credits, they are optional, no one is forcing you to do them, if you do not like the payouts, feel free to NOT do them.

> I don’t understand why people complain about FREE credits, they are optional, no one is forcing you to do them, if you do not like the payouts, feel free to NOT do them.

Then by your skewed logic, 343 might as well just remove them since you’re not worried about them. But I know and play with a lot of people who look for those “little extra ways” to earn more credits - from the Custom Challenges to the Terminals in CEA - so they can rank up faster. Maybe you don’t care, but that doesn’t mean everyone else feels the same way as you. It’s been a huge complaint since the old days and it’s now becoming a complaint again as we’re given stupid payouts - such as 500 cR for 4 grenade kills in MM - by a company that seemed to be showing they cared about the community and wanted to reward hard work with decent payouts.

And by the way … nothing is “free” when you have to work for it. To actually earn those 3000 cR you have to play a LOT of games - that’s not like a challenge of “play 7 games in MM” for 2000 cR, which rewards you for being AFK or just getting a few kills here or there and slacking off.

> > I don’t understand why people complain about FREE credits, they are optional, no one is forcing you to do them, if you do not like the payouts, feel free to NOT do them.
>
> Then by your skewed logic, 343 might as well just remove them since you’re not worried about them. But I know and play with a lot of people who look for those “little extra ways” to earn more credits - from the Custom Challenges to the Terminals in CEA - so they can rank up faster. Maybe you don’t care, but that doesn’t mean everyone else feels the same way as you. It’s been a huge complaint since the old days and it’s now becoming a complaint again as we’re given stupid payouts - such as 500 cR for 4 grenade kills in MM - by a company that seemed to be showing they cared about the community and wanted to reward hard work with decent payouts.
>
> And by the way … nothing is “free” when you have to work for it. To actually earn those 3000 cR you have to play a LOT of games - that’s not like a challenge of “play 7 games in MM” for 2000 cR, which rewards you for being AFK or just getting a few kills here or there and slacking off.

Here’s a solution, I put the Daily Challenges into Custom Challenges, I am getting 10, 5 and another 5k cR payout from them.

Complete them together and you are sorted.

Don’t waste your time with this one Moa. He’s just trying to flame.

How is it flaming to ask that the payouts be consistent, balanced, and make sense?

There are countless examples of this - but I don’t blame 343i, I would just ask that they have ONE person spend part of ONE day to develop an algorithm to “fix” these.

The more restrictive the “Challenge”, the more the payout should be.

100 enemies - accumulated across ANY GAME TYPE is 3,000

120 enemies - accumulated across ANY FFMM map is 3,200

1,000 enemies - accumulated on one specific FFMM map is 3,000

Something doesn’t add up. And there are even more examples just from FFMM.

But in MM, there is also:

Participation Counts – Complete 4 games in multiplayer Matchmaking – 2400 cR

Home Field Advantage – Win 7 games in multiplayer Matchmaking – 2050 cR

So playing and losing 4 games has a higher payout than winning 7 games? Even completing 7 games has a higher payout than WINNING 7 games:

The Magic Number – Complete 7 games in multiplayer Matchmaking – 3000 cR

And winning 3 games has a higher payout than winning 7 games:

Un, Deux, Trois – Win 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaking – 2900 cR

Again, I’m not complaining to 343i ( nor Bungie really ) - I am just joining in this thread to ask that there be some semblance of balance and purpose to the cR payout for these Daily Challenges.

> > I don’t understand why people complain about FREE credits, they are optional, no one is forcing you to do them, if you do not like the payouts, feel free to NOT do them.
>
> Then by your skewed logic, 343 might as well just remove them since you’re not worried about them. But I know and play with a lot of people who look for those “little extra ways” to earn more credits - from the Custom Challenges to the Terminals in CEA - so they can rank up faster. Maybe you don’t care, but that doesn’t mean everyone else feels the same way as you. It’s been a huge complaint since the old days and it’s now becoming a complaint again as we’re given stupid payouts - such as 500 cR for 4 grenade kills in MM - by a company that seemed to be showing they cared about the community and wanted to reward hard work with decent payouts.
>
> And by the way … nothing is “free” when you have to work for it. To actually earn those 3000 cR you have to play a LOT of games - that’s not like a challenge of “play 7 games in MM” for 2000 cR, which rewards you for being AFK or just getting a few kills here or there and slacking off.

Also, just to add on to that, once again, no one is forcing you to put the effort in for these free cR.

It’s solely up to you.

Herein lies your problem. Challenges are all generated by a computer. It does not look at things like you do.

I agree with you by the way. I don’t understand how 120 kills is worth more then 1000 kills.

Nothing can be done about though.

In other words; save your breath. It does you little to no good chatting about this one.

I agree completely with the OP, they are extremely skewed, and the payouts do vary terribly. There was one that had to do with some campaign map on legendary, not laso, but legendary. Unlike some I cannot burn through a legendary made in 5 mins, and I’m sure there are more like me. But the payout was something like 1,050Cr. My solution was easy though, make custom challenges, make them the exact same, that way you’ll get more credits for completing it. I made some today for the courtyard one, it ended up like 2000 credits for the challenge, plus another for killing 1600 enemies in firefight, thats 10,000Cr. So doing the same thing you’ll get way more credits. And it doesn’t seem as cheap as some other ways.