DaftLink's Daily Challenge Daily Guide

This is a thread that will be updated daily with tips on how to complete Halo: Reach’s daily and also weekly challenges as efficiently as possible. Each new day will be a new post by me with the challenges listed and their corresponding advice. Feel encouraged to post questions, your own tips, etc.

9/22/11

Covenant-Cide-3200 cR: Kill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking
This can be done in 1-2 Score Attack games and will be completed in the process of doing the following Challenges.

Heroic Overwatch-2000 cR: Kill 125 enemies on Overlook on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking
Keep voting none of the above in Score Attack’s lobby until you get Overlook and preferably vote for 2x Score Attack if it’s there. If you never get Overlook, which is possible, just play a game on another map to get some kills because I think you can’t get all 125 in one game.

Hyper Lethal Vector-2000 cR: Kill 100 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking
Pretty self-explanatory. Just use a DMR, Needle Rifle or Magnum throughout your Score Attack game and aim for the cranium.

A Simple Spree-2000 cR: Earn any spree in Firefight Matchmaking
Very easy, attainable in the Grunt wave of Score Attack.

Weekly
Dedication/Time-25000 cR: Complete 10 Daily Challenges this week
Self-explanatory. Takes 3 days of doing all Challenges on the first 2 and only 2 Challenges on the third day.

Just to nitpick a little, for the Overlook challenge you’ll be forced to play two games of Score Attack anyway since for the challenge, kills will only register on that map. You could even get the challenge in one game if you kill every enemy in all waves, the enemies that appear in drop pods, and destroy the cannons on the Phantoms. Yes, Phantom cannons do count as kills.

> Just to nitpick a little, for the Overlook challenge you’ll be forced to play two games of Score Attack anyway since for the challenge, kills will only register on that map. You could even get the challenge in one game if you kill every enemy in all waves, the enemies that appear in drop pods, and destroy the cannons on the Phantoms. Yes, Phantom cannons do count as kills.

Yeah, or do a FF Arcade match on Overlook but it can be a hassle to both get Overlook voted for and also get those 125 kills before the 3 other people. I didn’t know about the Phantom turret counting, very interesting.

9/23/11

Gunslinger-5500 cR: Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking
Just play a lot of MM. Winning 5 games of Rumble Pit is the fastest way. Other good playlists are Living Dead, Invasion and Big Team Battle.

This Is My Rifle…-2500 cR: Earn 30 kills with precision weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking
A precision weapon is the DMR, Needle Rifle, Sniper Rifle and Focus Rifle. Magnums do not count so don’t vote Swat Magnums. Just play a couple games of Swat but if that isn’t your thing, try something with DMR starts like Big Team Battle.

…Got A Triple Double-3000 cR: Earn 3 Double Kills in the same match in multiplayer Matchmaking
Your best bet is Living Dead. Stray away from the main group that’s camping in one spot and freelance around the map. 2 Zombies rushing you is very easy to take care of with your Shotgun and/or Magnum, though I recommend Shotgun to be safe. The Magnum can miss too easily and then you get swiped while frantically reloading.Another possible playlist is Grifball, especially if at least one person on the other team is away, then you can spawn kill.

Credits For Completion-2800 cR: Complete 8 games in multiplayer Matchmaking
It doesn’t matter if you win, lose or even tie. Just finish 8 games. Very easy.

9/24/11

Covenant-Cide-3200 cR: Kill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking
Play about 2 games of Score Attack or one of FF Arcade if you think you’re faster than the 3 other people and can get 120. It helps to use a Fuel Rod Gun or Rockets and especially go crazy in the bonus round at the end.

Helping Hand-2000 cR: Earn 10 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking
Play a lot of Rumble Pit. With all the kill-stealing that goes on, you’re sure to snag a couple assists each game.

Single Wield-2800 cR: Earn 77 kills with small arms weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking
This means Magnum and Plasma Pistol only. Good thing the Magnum is a secondary weapon in many playlists, and is easily found in the bases of Hemmorhage if you’re in a BTB game. A good way to secure the pistol kill before you run out of ammo is to spray them with your AR or whatever else and then pull out the Magnum for a quick couple of shots to the head. Other easier methods would be to play Swat Magnums and/or Living Dead.

Storm’s Comin’-3500 cR: Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with Mythic and Thunderstorm on
Thunderstorm upgrades enemies’ ranks and Mythic doubles their health. If you want to actually tough it through a mission, I’d suggest Winter Contingency, it being one of the easiest missions. For a faster method, just speed run through Nightfall and forklift-glitch it up.

9/25/11

Killagruntaro!-3000 cR: Earn 25 multikills in a Firefight Matchmaking game
A multikill is something like double kill, triple kill, etc. so you just need at least 25 doubles but the more multikills you get, the faster the Challenge is completed. I’d recommend FF Arcade for the Rockets and/or Fuel Rod Gun. Simply spam them at groups of any enemy that have just spawned. Also, the bonus round is a multikillpalooza.

Un, Deux, Trois-2900 cR: Win 3 games in multiplayer Matchmaking
Quite self-explanatory. I wouldn’t do something FFA like Rumble Pit or Living Dead, try something team-based like Team Slayer or Team Objective.

Demon-2400 cR: Kill 30 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking
A Score Attack game has a little over 20 Elites in the final wave so this can be done in 2 Score Attacks or 1 FF Arcade, considering FF Arcade has probably over 60 Elites throughout the entire battle. If you choose FF Arcade, just blast them with Rockets and/or Fuel Rod Gun and you can probably get this Challenge and also Killagruntaro! in the same match.

Nature Vs. Nurture-4000 cR: Kill 15 Moa in Winter Contingency on Normal or harder
There’s 2 Moa down the slope at the very beginning of the mission. Just Magnum scope kill them and quickly revert to last save. Repeat a couple times to get 15 kills in a minute or two.

9/26/11

Blastin’ And Relaxin’-2343 cR: Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach
You’ll get this in the process of getting More Than A Handful and Just A Shower. 125 MM enemies and plenty of Covies in the Campaign mission.

More Than A Handful-2500 cR: Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking
Simply win 5 games of Rumble Pit or get close in 6-7 games. Other good options for kills are Invasion, Big Team Battle, Grifball and Living Dead.

Just A Shower-4000 cR: Complete any Campaign mission on Normal or harder with Thunderstorm on
The Thunderstorm skull raises the ranks of enemies. Fastest way to complete this is a forklift glitch Nightfall run but choose Winter Contingency or another mission if you want easy kills for Blastin’ And Relaxin’.

Five-Time Champ-4343 cR: Win 5 games in multiplayer Matchmaking
Comes easily if you win 5 Rumble Pits for More Than A Handful, though some viable team playlists are Team Objective, Team Slayer and Big Team Battle.

Weekly Challenge
Camp Froman, Indeed-28343 cR: Earn 300 kills with precision weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking
Precision weapons are the DMR, Needle Rifle, Focus Rifle and Sniper Rifle. Magnums are small arms weapons and do NOT count so no Swat Magnums. Basically, play a lot of Team Swat and/or Team Snipers. Other playlists like Big Team Battle also have DMR starts. 30 games of getting at least 10 precision kills will snag you the 28343 cR.

9/27/11

One Spartan Army-2250 cR: Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking
Play 2 games of Score Attack or even 1 game of FF Arcade if you’re faster than the others players and can really do work in the bonus round. Fuel Rod Gun and/or Rockets recommended.

Demon-3000 cR: Kill 50 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking
This will certainly help out with One Spartan Army. Either 3 Score Attacks because each has a little over 20 but not 25, I believe. Though I’d recommend one FF Arcade because there’s absolutely plenty of Elites and multiple waves of them that a Fuel Rod Gun and/or Rocket Launcher can make easy work of.

If It Bleeds…-5000 cR: Find and kill the golden, ranger-class Elite in a Campaign mission
The easiest gold Elite to find is about halfway through Winter Contingency. Note: it must be from mission start and on Heroic+. After you get to the farmer truck, get in and take a right to go down the road and keep right to that garbage that’s one of the two potential battle points. Stay right and wind around to the left, keep going straight. Somewhere up ahead by or in the road is a golden Elite walking around. Quickly kill him before he disappears to get the Challenge. You must go through the mission content before as fast as possible to reach and kill the ranger before it vanishes. If you can’t find it, try restarting the mission.

Double Double-2000 cR: Get two Double Kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game
I’d suggest Team Swat because of this supplying kills for the Weekly. Plus, two quick headshots on some goons isn’t too hard as long as you have the jump on them…twice in a game.

9/28/11

Gunslinger-5500 cR: Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking
Just play a lot of MM. Winning 5 games of Rumble Pit is the fastest way. Other good playlists are Living Dead, Invasion and Big Team Battle. Perhaps some Team Swat to assist with the Weekly.

A Walk In The…-1100 cR: Kill 125 enemies on Beachhead in Firefight Matchmaking
Go into FF Arcade. Most people will be voting for Beachhead for this Challenge so getting the map is no problem. Grab Rockets and/or Fuel Rod Gun and blast away at groups that have just spawned. Especially make good use of the bonus round.

L.D. Solace-8500 cR: Complete Solace on Legendary with Thunderstorm, Mythic, Tilt and Tough Luck on
Not sure what’s wrong with this Challenge. It’s counted as failed when you die ONCE in that mission with the correct settings. Not worth wasting your time on.

Better, Closer, Warmer-2343 cR: Earn at least 9 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game
Do this in Team Swat to receive some credit for the Precision kill Weekly Challenge.

> L.D. Solace-8500 cR: Complete Solace on Legendary with Thunderstorm, Mythic, Tilt and Tough Luck on
> Not sure what’s wrong with this Challenge. It’s counted as failed when you die ONCE in that mission with the correct settings. Not worth wasting your time on.

Actually if you press challenges from the START menu and head over to it, you 'll see that it says: This challenge requires to complete the mission without dying. So it says it but i don’t know why they don’t write it in the description.

It is in the discription. Just go through it by your self and save it at the end once all the covies are dead. restart the mission and you good to go if you really want to complete this one.
How ever I agree with you this one will take longer then it’s worth.

> It is in the discription. Just go through it by your self and save it at the end once all the covies are dead. restart the mission and you good to go if you really want to complete this one.
> How ever I agree with you this one will take longer then it’s worth.

That’s just what I was about to say! Every bit of it actually.

> It is in the discription. Just go through it by your self and save it at the end once all the covies are dead. restart the mission and you good to go if you really want to complete this one.
> How ever I agree with you this one will take longer then it’s worth.

I played it split-screen and had a buddy helping me…it took me about 50 mins…

> > It is in the discription. Just go through it by your self and save it at the end once all the covies are dead. restart the mission and you good to go if you really want to complete this one.
> > How ever I agree with you this one will take longer then it’s worth.
>
> I played it split-screen and had a buddy helping me…it took me about 50 mins…

Yeah, and in that 50 minutes you could’ve played around 3-5 games of Big Team Battle and probably have gotten over 20,000 cR depending on your skill.

9/29/11

This will be done easily in the process of doing the following Firefight Challenges. Remember, today’s Firefight Thursday.

Bulletproof-2200 cR: Complete 2 rounds in a FF Matchmaking game without dying
One round is made up of 5 waves, and 3 rounds makes 1 set. Go into FF Arcade and stay behind good cover and pick off enemies at long range with perhaps a Sniper while your teammates do the dirty work with you surviving the 2 rounds.

That Pink Mist-2500 cR: Kill 100 enemies with a supercombine from Needler or Needle Rifle in FF Matchmaking
The supercombine is the needle explosion that gets you that little pink medal. Grunts usually die from the physical needles before they even explode so try Jackals and above. Don’t go for headshots with the Needle Rifle, do body shots to get in enough needles to trigger the supercombine. The regular Needler is where headshots are not something to worry about. The FRG gametype in FF Arcade gives you a Needler as your secondary weapon though both variations of needle weapon are commonly found on deceased Covenant. 1-2 FF Arcade games or 1-2 Score Attacks, I’d say.

Blast Radius-2500 cR: Kill 75 enemies in FF Matchmaking with grenades
Simply spam nades. Use the ones you spawn with and pick up the nades of the now naded enemies, like chain smoking. No, the Grenade Launcher does not count, unfortunately.

9/30/11

Light Fare-3000 cR: Kill 100 enemies in any game mode in Reach
Play some Swat first to assist with the Challenge below and the Weekly if you haven’t gotten that yet. The Campaign Challenge will also help. Just play some FF or MM after to finish this off.

Not As Clumsy Or Random…-2000 cR: Earn 5 kills with precision weapons in a MM game
Play a game of Team Swat. Helps the Weekly out too, as well as Light Fare.

Three Dog Fight-2000 cR: Earn a Triple Kill in MM
Possible in Team Swat if you get the jump on three+ guys but unlikely. I’d recommend Living Dead because of all the weak zombies, especially if you’re last man standing. Also, try spawn killing in Grifball.

It Was The Winter…-3000 cR: Complete Winter Contingency on Legendary without dying
Just go through most of it while dying as many times as you want. Then when you get a checkpoint at the very end, save & quit. Resume it from the lobby then get the Challenge.

10/1/11

You’ll get credit for this by doing the following MM and Campaign Challenges. For any left after, do some FF or more MM depending on how many kills you still need.

Killing Frenzy-4000 cR: Earn a Killing Frenzy in a MM game
A Killing Frenzy is 10 kills without dying. I recommend Living Dead. Stray away from the main group and be a freelancer. Magnum for long range, easy headshots and Shotgun for up close and multiple zombies. Being last man and having everyone come after you can help.

Up Close And Personal-2343 cR: Kill 5 enemies with close quarters combat in a MM game
Close quarters combat is blunt melee, melee weapons like Energy Sword and Gravity Hammer and also the Shotgun. You’ll get this easily in Living Dead whether you’re a Shotgun wielding human or Sword carrying zombie.

Harder Than Some-5000 cR: Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Thunderstorm, Famine and Tilt on
Thunderstorm raises the ranks of enemies, Famine makes weapons you pick up have less ammo than normal and Tilt makes enemy resistance/vulnerability to certain types of weapons change like plasma weapons to an Elite’s armor, etc. Just do a Nightfall forklift run.

> Yeah, and in that 50 minutes you could’ve played around 3-5 games of Big Team Battle and probably have gotten over 20,000 cR depending on your skill.

Yeah…and in that 50 minutes i took the heck out of Campaign commendations which i wouldn’t in Big Team Battle. Not to mention that i didn’t do the Nightfall forklift glitch!

> > Yeah, and in that 50 minutes you could’ve played around 3-5 games of Big Team Battle and probably have gotten over 20,000 cR depending on your skill.
>
> Yeah…and in that 50 minutes i took the heck out of Campaign commendations which i wouldn’t in Big Team Battle. Not to mention that i didn’t do the Nightfall forklift glitch!

Well that’s a case to case factor. Everyone’s commendation progress is different.

10/2/11

One Spartan Army-2000 cR: Kill 100 enemies in FF MM
This will be easily gotten with the Overlook’s Overwatch Challenge and can be finished off with FF Arcade or Score Attack, if need be.

This Is My Rifle…2600 cR: Earn 40 kills with precision weapons in MM
Play some Team Swat, and don’t vote for Swat Magnums, as Magnums are small arms weapons, not precision. This Challenge will assist with the precision Weekly if you haven’t gotten that yet(last day to do so).

Overlook’s Overwatch-2200 cR: Kill 125 enemies on Overlook in FF MM
In one Score Attack, you’ll only get around 120 even if you finish so it’ll take 2 Score Attacks or 1 and a FF Arcade. Your 3 teammates will most likely vote for Overlook. Try to complete this and One Spartan Army in the same process.

Five-Time Champ-4343 cR: Win 5 games in multiplayer MM
Play Swat for This Is My Rifle… and win games as well as snagging precision kills.