Cutter's ODSTs Suggestion

I really loved Cutter’s ODST’s in HW1, you could truly feel the difference when you upgraded to ODST’s in the old game, and that was special!

In this game I really wanted to love playing with Cutter again, but it just didn’t have the same feel… Even though he still has ODSTs, you are pretty limited by the cool down timer.

I suggest on Cutter’s Leader Wheel, when you unlock the ODST drop it should also unlock trainable ODST from the main base!
How do you all feel about this?
I personally think it might give Cutter a small boost to his infantry focus, without manipulating the balance of other units.

Pros? Cons? Does anyone else think he could use some love?

sorry to tell you that it indeed it would be a nice idea but most the players would disagree with you because of how they would have to completely rework the odst stats to make it balanced

I did like playing as Cutter in HW1, his ODSTs were powerful and a good super unit for him. I would like to see at least one of two things happen in HW2 to make those ODSTs feel more formidable;

1. Keep the leader power and cool down the same but ramp up the damage / health of the unit
  2. Allow them to be built in the barracks with a hefty price and pop. count.

Pros:
-Awesome ODST units to train
-Great army for anything/ is good against almost anything.

Cons:
-They’d be absurdly Over Powered
-If they did nerf them then ODST’s would just be better marines and not worth training past the mid-game

Halo Wars 1 set a foundation for the Halo Wars franchise, and 343 took that foundation, did away with it, and built an entirely new one with new concepts, new map designs, new modes, while still using some of the same components of the first game like the units. The reason they changed so many things is that the first game was utterly broken beyond repair. While ODST’s weren’t a “huge” problem, it’d be REALLY annoying to have a cutter rush your base with 14 ODST units, and then once you killed them he could just spawn 10 more. This massing of ODST’s didn’t make them feel special. They just simply made them seem like marines with a submachine gun. In Halo Wars 2 however they have changed it completely, since they are more rare and hard to mass ODST’s are much better, more health, more DPS, and overall more awesome of a unit in combat. Their “Y” ability isn’t just another marine rocket but instead a building killer. These changes make the ODST’s feel like they were ACTUALLY special compared to other infantry. Besides, Cutter is amazing already, being able to spawn an army in seconds with drops is beyond useful and his other leader powers aren’t bad either.

> 2535466509402927;2:
> sorry to tell you that it indeed it would be a nice idea but most the players would disagree with you because of how they would have to completely rework the odst stats to make it balanced

really? I guess I just don’t see that.
I haven’t done any testing, but to me the ODSTs only seem to be slightly better than CT Marines.
I do think this would make Cutter the clear and dominant infantry leader, but that is still counter able…

Edit: I just don’t see the difference between this and Forge with his Grizzly tanks

> 2533274798980159;5:
> > 2535466509402927;2:
> > sorry to tell you that it indeed it would be a nice idea but most the players would disagree with you because of how they would have to completely rework the odst stats to make it balanced
>
> really? I guess I just don’t see that.
> I haven’t done any testing, but to me the ODSTs only seem to be slightly better than CT Marines.
> I do think this would make Cutter the clear and dominant infantry leader, but that is still counter able…

Agree for sure, he should be the UNSC’s go-to for infantry. Tank beats infantry, infantry beats air, and air beats tank; its the rock-paper-scissors that HW should be.

> 2535431243595189;4:
> Pros:
> -Awesome ODST units to train
> -Great army for anything/ is good against almost anything.
>
> Cons:
> -They’d be absurdly Over Powered
> -If they did nerf them then ODST’s would just be better marines and not worth training past the mid-game
>
> Halo Wars 1 set a foundation for the Halo Wars franchise, and 343 took that foundation, did away with it, and built an entirely new one with new concepts, new map designs, new modes, while still using some of the same components of the first game like the units. The reason they changed so many things is that the first game was utterly broken beyond repair. While ODST’s weren’t a “huge” problem, it’d be REALLY annoying to have a cutter rush your base with 14 ODST units, and then once you killed them he could just spawn 10 more. This massing of ODST’s didn’t make them feel special. They just simply made them seem like marines with a shotgun. In Halo Wars 2 however they have changed it completely, since they are more rare and hard to mass ODST’s are much better, more health, more DPS, and overall more awesome of a unit in combat. Their “Y” ability isn’t just another marine rocket but instead a building killer. These changes make the ODST’s feel like they were ACTUALLY special compared to other infantry. Besides, Cutter is amazing already, being able to spawn an army in seconds with drops is beyond useful and his other leader powers aren’t bad either.

I agree with you for the most part, but I have some counter points lol

I think Marines would still be viable unit because of their combat tech repair kit, and they have rockets which I feel would be better for fighting Air. ODSTS just have smg’s.

I do agree with you, I like that they made ODSTs different by giving them the Explosive ability, that is cool and makes them feel unique like a Swat Team/Bomb Squad

> 2533274821372463;6:
> > 2533274798980159;5:
> > > 2535466509402927;2:
> > > sorry to tell you that it indeed it would be a nice idea but most the players would disagree with you because of how they would have to completely rework the odst stats to make it balanced
> >
> > really? I guess I just don’t see that.
> > I haven’t done any testing, but to me the ODSTs only seem to be slightly better than CT Marines.
> > I do think this would make Cutter the clear and dominant infantry leader, but that is still counter able…
>
> Agree for sure, he should be the UNSC’s go-to for infantry. Tank beats infantry, infantry beats air, and air beats tank; its the rock-paper-scissors that HW should be.

Exactly my point, Cutter should be the clear and dominant Infantry leader. I don’t see the issue with ODST’s being trainable. Forge and Izzy are clearly vehicle domnit leaders with the ability to train better tanks than anyone else, Anders the Air leader with her Sentinels and Retriever.
I really think giving Cutter some trainable ODST’s would be right in line with other leaders.