Cutter Matchup Questions

My TS = 36~38

Against Anders on a map with no hooks (Release, Tundra), do I go hogs as well, or defend?
Against Anders on a map with hooks (Gultch, Chasms, Pirth) do I go hogs, elephant, barracks 2nd? 3rd? 4th? Defend?

Also, on pirth outskirts, should I always go for instant expansion? (I always do anyway) Because anders usually tries to go striaght for grenadier with no expo and wins sometimes. How do I defend that?

Another question : When someone scouts you out and sees your going tanks and switches to cobras with spartans in them, ALL OVER THE MAP, how do you break their line?

I sometimes go air but they have just enough anti-air to stop me. They are basically super-turtling me in a 1v1…

I can’t handle brute on really any map…He stays agressive. I camp his lift, he builds diagnol turrets. I build turrets with hogs and he still wins.

Also, should I upgrade the pads on pirth outskirts when I take the instant expansion or no???

> My TS = 36~38

Mine is around 38. I try to help, but there are players far better than me.

> Against Anders on a map with no hooks (Release, Tundra), do I go hogs as well, or defend?
> Against Anders on a map with hooks (Gultch, Chasms, Pirth) do I go hogs, elephant, barracks 2nd? 3rd? 4th? Defend?

I believe the only option is to go with hogs. Cutter is as good as Anders to get grenadier hogs.

Release

sp sp r sp sp r

Collect as much crates as you can. Be aware around 1:40 mark - Anders may have gunner hogs with reactor second build - and do not lose your hogs. You will get your gunner around 2:10.

Your leader advantage - namely Fortress - saves you 400 before 6th building. That is better than Anders’ savings (125 from gunner and 250 from grenadier totalling 375). So… you should have a small economy lead.

You should take your expansion while trying to deny her expansion. This is where it gets difficult. Anders can go hogs + scorpions, gremlins + scorpions, gremlins + hornets etc.

Try to figure what your enemy is doing and build counter units. Usually rpg marines are good against gremlins, but Release is too big map for infantry (and there is no useful hooks).

Tundra

The close expansion on Tundra offers more possibilities. Infantry is more useful on this map against Anders since the smaller size of the map.

Build : sp sp r sp sp r vd

I have been trying to build 2 x gunner hogs + 1 x turret to defend my base. Then quick scorpions to take the close expansion, build army and then attack. The idea is to use minimal amount of supplies to hogs and defense. That enables quick expansion and maybe some kind of lead.

Note : It is very important to pick at least 5 x crate with your hogs (there is 6 for each player initially). If you build a turret then you can pick the crates near it latest. Helps a bit.

I would build a barracks instead of air pad to counter gremlins. You can take the Power Turret with your infantry. It does a HUGE damage against buildings and units.

> Also, on pirth outskirts, should I always go for instant expansion? (I always do anyway) Because anders usually tries to go striaght for grenadier with no expo and wins sometimes. How do I defend that?

Yes, take always instant expansion. You do not have to make hogs against Anders on that map (at least I MarcoStyle NL told and demonstrated me that).

> Another question : When someone scouts you out and sees your going tanks and switches to cobras with spartans in them, ALL OVER THE MAP, how do you break their line?

I guess you should research Large MAC Blast + ODST. I believe Cutter is the best leader against turtling. Do not get your scorpions killed against those cobras. Just wait and get the advantage with your super units/abilities.

> I sometimes go air but they have just enough anti-air to stop me. They are basically super-turtling me in a 1v1…

See the previous comment.

> I can’t handle brute on really any map…He stays agressive. I camp his lift, he builds diagnol turrets. I build turrets with hogs and he still wins.

Scout your enemy. If Brute goes temple first he is probably trying some kind of rush. You can afford a turret against early rush. Also you want an early barracks/elephant against that.

If you can force him to build 2 x turret his economy is very bad. You should wait near your base, get some scorpions out and then crush him.

For me it is easier to defend against Brute rush with Cutter than Anders.

> Also, should I upgrade the pads on pirth outskirts when I take the instant expansion or no???

First keep building continuously new pads/reactors/vehicle depots. After that you should upgrade some pads if you have some extra supplies. Generally you get better economy with Cutter than other leaders do. This is because Cutter has 4 extra pads straight away (if of you are taking expansions).

If your opponent does not take expansion then yours 7-8 pads will produce the same money as his/her 4 x heavy supply pad/blessed warehouse. The cost difference is huge (700-800 vs 4 x 325 = 1300 except against Forge’s 4 x 225 = 900).

Post Script

As I mentioned I am not even mediocre player. I hope this helps you. I also hope that some high-level player would fix my arguments. I want to learn also. O.o

> > Also, on pirth outskirts, should I always go for instant expansion? (I always do anyway) Because anders usually tries to go striaght for grenadier with no expo and wins sometimes. How do I defend that?
>
> Yes, take always instant expansion. You do not have to make hogs against Anders on that map (at least I MarcoStyle NL told and demonstrated me that).
>
>
> [

i learned the hard way to always go hogs on pirth
you can read the post i made on lazyfrog about cutter on pirth
you also have to go hogs early. try going reactor 3rd on your main OR going barracks first on your expansion and use the marine to get tech 1.
if you can get gunner first and at least kill 1 of anders hogs you can win the game.

if the game goes longer you can go marines with rockets (counter gremlins) and scorpions

i think pirth is a pretty close match between anders/cutter

> > My TS = 36~38
>
> Mine is around 38. I try to help, but there are players far better than me.

what happened to that 39?

> > > Also, on pirth outskirts, should I always go for instant expansion? (I always do anyway) Because anders usually tries to go striaght for grenadier with no expo and wins sometimes. How do I defend that?
> >
> > Yes, take always instant expansion. You do not have to make hogs against Anders on that map (at least I MarcoStyle NL told and demonstrated me that).
>
> i learned the hard way to always go hogs on pirth
> you can read the post i made on lazyfrog about cutter on pirth
> you also have to go hogs early. try going reactor 3rd on your main OR going barracks first on your expansion and use the marine to get tech 1.
> if you can get gunner first and at least kill 1 of anders hogs you can win the game.
>
> if the game goes longer you can go marines with rockets (counter gremlins) and scorpions
>
> i think pirth is a pretty close match between anders/cutter

Yes, I guess you are referring to Wild Arm FX’s strategy (3 x hog + find and kill at least 1 x hog + deny the forerunner reactor).

I believe there is various viable strategies on that matchup. I know the strategy you mentioned to be effective, but I just cannot execute robustly.

> what happened to that 39?

I lost over 100 ranks in few hours - going from 39 to 37 - with Cutter/Anders.

> > > > Also, on pirth outskirts, should I always go for instant expansion? (I always do anyway) Because anders usually tries to go striaght for grenadier with no expo and wins sometimes. How do I defend that?
> > >
> > > Yes, take always instant expansion. You do not have to make hogs against Anders on that map (at least I MarcoStyle NL told and demonstrated me that).
> >
> > i learned the hard way to always go hogs on pirth
> > you can read the post i made on lazyfrog about cutter on pirth
> > you also have to go hogs early. try going reactor 3rd on your main OR going barracks first on your expansion and use the marine to get tech 1.
> > if you can get gunner first and at least kill 1 of anders hogs you can win the game.
> >
> > if the game goes longer you can go marines with rockets (counter gremlins) and scorpions
> >
> > i think pirth is a pretty close match between anders/cutter
>
> Yes, I guess you are referring to Wild Arm FX’s strategy (3 x hog + find and kill at least 1 x hog + deny the forerunner reactor).
>
> I believe there is various viable strategies on that matchup. I know the strategy you mentioned to be effective, but I just cannot execute robustly.
>
>
>
>
> > what happened to that 39?
>
> I lost over 100 ranks in few hours - going from 39 to 37 - with Cutter/Anders.

that hog strat on pirth is a bad strat, and would be even worse as cutter.

> > > > > Also, on pirth outskirts, should I always go for instant expansion? (I always do anyway) Because anders usually tries to go striaght for grenadier with no expo and wins sometimes. How do I defend that?
> > > >
> > > > Yes, take always instant expansion. You do not have to make hogs against Anders on that map (at least I MarcoStyle NL told and demonstrated me that).
> > >
> > > i learned the hard way to always go hogs on pirth
> > > you can read the post i made on lazyfrog about cutter on pirth
> > > you also have to go hogs early. try going reactor 3rd on your main OR going barracks first on your expansion and use the marine to get tech 1.
> > > if you can get gunner first and at least kill 1 of anders hogs you can win the game.
> > >
> > > if the game goes longer you can go marines with rockets (counter gremlins) and scorpions
> > >
> > > i think pirth is a pretty close match between anders/cutter
> >
> > Yes, I guess you are referring to Wild Arm FX’s strategy (3 x hog + find and kill at least 1 x hog + deny the forerunner reactor).
> >
> > I believe there is various viable strategies on that matchup. I know the strategy you mentioned to be effective, but I just cannot execute robustly.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > what happened to that 39?
> >
> > I lost over 100 ranks in few hours - going from 39 to 37 - with Cutter/Anders.
>
> that hog strat on pirth is a bad strat, and would be even worse as cutter.

Yep my strat is so bad you couldnt last more then 6 mins. But then again you talk smack about it on Waypoint but instaresign’d the last time we MM and got pirth. Thats why I just laugh, no matter how much you hate I still get the W.

Its almost as bad as my late expo strat on release.

You just make yourself look like a fool with all this hating, Im 3-0 on you this reset. Its funny how you always make hater comments to people who know Im better then you. Knightfall used to think it was pathetic, i bet most people here feel the same.

If Sadstone thought your strat was viable then he would of suggested it over mine. I mean we both posted our pirth strats and people chose mine over yours, no need to get mad and rage post…

Answer questions pretty please!!!

I need help! Look at link!

Wild arms x y u no answer my questions? - Y U No

> > > > > > Also, on pirth outskirts, should I always go for instant expansion? (I always do anyway) Because anders usually tries to go striaght for grenadier with no expo and wins sometimes. How do I defend that?
> > > > >
> > > > > Yes, take always instant expansion. You do not have to make hogs against Anders on that map (at least I MarcoStyle NL told and demonstrated me that).
> > > >
> > > > i learned the hard way to always go hogs on pirth
> > > > you can read the post i made on lazyfrog about cutter on pirth
> > > > you also have to go hogs early. try going reactor 3rd on your main OR going barracks first on your expansion and use the marine to get tech 1.
> > > > if you can get gunner first and at least kill 1 of anders hogs you can win the game.
> > > >
> > > > if the game goes longer you can go marines with rockets (counter gremlins) and scorpions
> > > >
> > > > i think pirth is a pretty close match between anders/cutter
> > >
> > > Yes, I guess you are referring to Wild Arm FX’s strategy (3 x hog + find and kill at least 1 x hog + deny the forerunner reactor).
> > >
> > > I believe there is various viable strategies on that matchup. I know the strategy you mentioned to be effective, but I just cannot execute robustly.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > what happened to that 39?
> > >
> > > I lost over 100 ranks in few hours - going from 39 to 37 - with Cutter/Anders.
> >
> > that hog strat on pirth is a bad strat, and would be even worse as cutter.
>
> Halo - Official Site (en)
>
> Yep my strat is so bad you couldnt last more then 6 mins. But then again you talk smack about it on Waypoint but instaresign’d the last time we MM and got pirth. Thats why I just laugh, no matter how much you hate I still get the W.
>
> Halo - Official Site (en)
>
> Its almost as bad as my late expo strat on release.
>
> You just make yourself look like a fool with all this hating, Im 3-0 on you this reset. Its funny how you always make hater comments to people who know Im better then you. Knightfall used to think it was pathetic, i bet most people here feel the same.
>
> If Sadstone thought your strat was viable then he would of suggested it over mine. I mean we both posted our pirth strats and people chose mine over yours, no need to get mad and rage post…

losing one game (with an overall record of like 6-4 counting your most recent instaresign on pirth) because i left my base locked does not mean the strat is good, and especially doesn’t mean its good with cutter, to stay on topic. I’m not sure what you mean with sadstone posting my strat, i don’t play cutter.