Cutscenes *Maybe Spoilers*

Does anyone get the feeling that the cut scenes end in really odd fashions? I dunno if they were trying to go for the dramatic slowly pan out/scene goes dark thing but they seemed off compared to the other games. The other numbered halos cut scenes had clear endings. Everything was said that needed to be said and then people would walk away or set up to kick some butt. In Halo 5’s scenes it was like they would end in the middle of a thought with the characters aimlessly staring off into space after something important was said. Normally, things like these wouldn’t bother me but they seemed off when I first did the campaign and now a second time through the issue is glaring. Maybe I’m just being a nitpicker.

It’s not an issue by itself, merely a different camera/direction work.

It’s like comparing Kubrick’s direction to that of Quentin Tarantino.

That’s a good point. Maybe i just wish there was more to the script. I suppose i’ll just enjoy it for what it is, focus on the gameplay, and try not to think about the 3 years in between the next game.

I haven’t noticed anything :open_mouth:

I thought they were a little short. There weren’t any meaty ones like Halo 2 had where you could sit back and enjoy a good show. The opening scene was the only long one.

> 2533274867546478;3:
> That’s a good point. Maybe i just wish there was more to the script. I suppose i’ll just enjoy it for what it is, focus on the gameplay, and try not to think about the 3 years in between the next game.

Meh, for me, Halo has never been good at storytelling to begin with… The story is good, but they don’t know how to TELL it!

• Halo CE had us asking questions like “the -Yoink- is the Covenant?” “the hell is the UNSC?” “What the hell is this green guy?” “The hell?”.

• Halo 3’s second half was a mess! It is pretty damn simple to say “we are going to activate this Halo on the Ark which is pretty damn away from the Galaxy so it just kills the Flood” instead of having players having to piece together trivial intel given 5 missions earlier! And the whole Cortana-message thing, how they defeated the Flood that arrived on Kenya, Miranda’s stupid death, and so many other things.

• Halo 4 was easy to follow until BOOM! The Librarian tries to explain in record time the Forerunner Book Trilogy in the worst manner possible and new players or players that don’t read the book won’t understand jack!

• Halo Reach and ODST didn’t have a proper story until the end, and Reach almost broke the canon in half with incoherent designations and dates.

• Halo Wars is simply Halo Wars, that story is, in my opinion, pathetic. Forerunner cell that teletransport the prisoner to some place it is told in ENGLISH. Not to mention, it somehow took her to the best possible point in the whole surface of the planet so she could be instantly rescued.
    Halo 2 has to be the only Halo with some impecable storytelling.

Hell, even CRYSIS has a better storytelling than all the other Halos! They should learn a bit from Deus Ex or many other games…

> 2533274812698627;6:
> Hell, even CRYSIS has a better storytelling than all the other Halos! They should learn a bit from Deus Ex or many other games…

Kids, stay in school and don’t do drugs ^

> 2533274804898926;7:
> > 2533274812698627;6:
> > Hell, even CRYSIS has a better storytelling than all the other Halos! They should learn a bit from Deus Ex or many other games…
>
>
> Kids, stay in school and don’t do drugs ^

Read more carefully, Crysis’ story is a mess. But the storytelling is friggin’ neat.

20 years between Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 where the world you knew has gone upside down, now Cell has some strange new form of unlimited energy, they sold it for free, and then raised the prices after obtaining some monopoly and they are pretty much now in control of the entire world, while taking away the Nanosuits left; and it turns out it is because their secret energy source is actually the ALPHA CEPH, the leader of the aliens, whose technology was stolen from in order to create the Nanosuits and that their existence weakens it?

Yeah, they explained THAT flawlessly!

YET HALO CE HAS TROUBLE EXPLAINING THAT THE COVENANT ARE RELIGIOUS ALIENS THAT THINK HUMANITY ARE UNHOLY?!

And, if you seriously think ANY Deus Ex game doesn’t have an amazingly crafted story followed with some impressive storytelling, please, don’t play games again.

> 2533274812698627;6:
> > 2533274867546478;3:
> > That’s a good point. Maybe i just wish there was more to the script. I suppose i’ll just enjoy it for what it is, focus on the gameplay, and try not to think about the 3 years in between the next game.
>
>
> Meh, for me, Halo has never been good at storytelling to begin with… The story is good, but they don’t know how to TELL it!
>
>
>
> - Halo CE had us asking questions like “the -Yoink- is the Covenant?” “the hell is the UNSC?” “What the hell is this green guy?” “The hell?”.
>
> - Halo 3’s second half was a mess! It is pretty damn simple to say “we are going to activate this Halo on the Ark which is pretty damn away from the Galaxy so it just kills the Flood” instead of having players having to piece together trivial intel given 5 missions earlier! And the whole Cortana-message thing, how they defeated the Flood that arrived on Kenya, Miranda’s stupid death, and so many other things.
>
> - Halo 4 was easy to follow until BOOM! The Librarian tries to explain in record time the Forerunner Book Trilogy in the worst manner possible and new players or players that don’t read the book won’t understand jack!
>
> - Halo Reach and ODST didn’t have a proper story until the end, and Reach almost broke the canon in half with incoherent designations and dates.
>
> - Halo Wars is simply Halo Wars, that story is, in my opinion, pathetic. Forerunner cell that teletransport the prisoner to some place it is told in ENGLISH. Not to mention, it somehow took her to the best possible point in the whole surface of the planet so she could be instantly rescued.
> Halo 2 has to be the only Halo with some impecable storytelling.
>
> Hell, even CRYSIS has a better storytelling than all the other Halos! They should learn a bit from Deus Ex or many other games…

That’s a good point. Remember when Cortana said “As for tracking us all the way from Reach, at lightspeed my maneuvering options were limited” and me thinking, having yet read or heard of the book, “what the hell is a ‘Reach’?”

> 2533274883669557;9:
> > 2533274812698627;6:
> > > 2533274867546478;3:
> > > That’s a good point. Maybe i just wish there was more to the script. I suppose i’ll just enjoy it for what it is, focus on the gameplay, and try not to think about the 3 years in between the next game.
> >
> >
> > Meh, for me, Halo has never been good at storytelling to begin with… The story is good, but they don’t know how to TELL it!
> >
> >
> >
> > - Halo CE had us asking questions like “the -Yoink- is the Covenant?” “the hell is the UNSC?” “What the hell is this green guy?” “The hell?”.
> >
> > - Halo 3’s second half was a mess! It is pretty damn simple to say “we are going to activate this Halo on the Ark which is pretty damn away from the Galaxy so it just kills the Flood” instead of having players having to piece together trivial intel given 5 missions earlier! And the whole Cortana-message thing, how they defeated the Flood that arrived on Kenya, Miranda’s stupid death, and so many other things.
> >
> > - Halo 4 was easy to follow until BOOM! The Librarian tries to explain in record time the Forerunner Book Trilogy in the worst manner possible and new players or players that don’t read the book won’t understand jack!
> >
> > - Halo Reach and ODST didn’t have a proper story until the end, and Reach almost broke the canon in half with incoherent designations and dates.
> >
> > - Halo Wars is simply Halo Wars, that story is, in my opinion, pathetic. Forerunner cell that teletransport the prisoner to some place it is told in ENGLISH. Not to mention, it somehow took her to the best possible point in the whole surface of the planet so she could be instantly rescued.
> > Halo 2 has to be the only Halo with some impecable storytelling.
> >
> > Hell, even CRYSIS has a better storytelling than all the other Halos! They should learn a bit from Deus Ex or many other games…
>
>
> That’s a good point. Remember when Cortana said “As for tracking us all the way from Reach, at lightspeed my maneuvering options were limited” and me thinking, having yet read or heard of the book, "what the hell is a ‘Reach’?"

Exactly! Funny thing is, many of the people tasked with translating the game into other languages didn’t know what they meant by “reach” either! In the Spanish version, they simply omitted that, for example, and in other languages they translated as “reach” instead of it being a name!

> 2533274812698627;6:
> Meh, for me, Halo has never been good at storytelling to begin with… The story is good, but they don’t know how to TELL it!

Yes to this, especially for Halo 5.

I think I disagree with some of the details in your reasons though. I’ve actually been thinking hard on this ever since I finished the H5 campaign, wondering why the storytelling was so poor now, or if it had just always been that way without me realizing it. Maybe I’ve changed, and as a result I’m a more critical audience or something. I’ve been trying to think back to the first times I’ve played each of the campaigns and trying to think about how the story felt the first time I played them.

Your not alone, some of the cutscenes feel “cut”; they seem to end abruptly. I think 343 may have cut some stuff from the game.