Cutscenes 343 PLEASE make the weapons appropriate

The one problem I had with the ending of Halo 4 was the ending. It wasn’t major but when I saw MC walking towards the Didact with the nuke holding a Battle Rifle I got a little annoyed. There is no way unless you holstered the BR the entire level to have it available towards the end. I know this is such a MINOR thing, but this got me annoyed at the end. I sat watching the MC approach the Didact with the BR when I was barely able to survive with any of the Promethean weapons on legendary. On Easy mode I can still imagine you running out of ammo using UNSC weapons before approaching the final cutscene.

343 If you do by any chance stumble upon this at least make the weapon that was last used be used in the cutscene. I’m aware that this is a very minor thing, but when it comes to immersion in the game when you realize that you went through the entire level with another weapon and the cutscene shows you or MC wielding something else it in my opinion takes away from the immersion because thats not something you (player) went through with.

This was one thing I disliked with H4 and hope H5 tackles because these moments like I said earlier takes away from being immersed in the story.

I remember playing Halo 2, and sometimes I would carry a specific weapon just to watch Master Chief or the Arbiter holding it in the cutscene, and was disappointed when the game would choose another one (most of the time it was with the brute shot).

Minor problem, but I agree, would be a nice touch.

Did you want Master Chief approaching the Didact with an Incineration Cannon? I just don’t think it would have worked well.

There were 2 BRs in the armory room that you enter in between two portals with that in mind Chief likely picked up full ammo there before approaching the Didact’s area. Personally I preferred the Halo 2 method where whateve weapon you were holding was featured in the cinematic. Halo 2 anniversary kind of eliminates this with the cgi cutscenes though.

This has been a thing in most halo games, not just halo 4. For example chief would walk around with an assault rifle in CE and 3 in almost every cut scene, regardless of what you were actually carrying.
But it would be nice to see “proper” weapon carrying in cut scenes.

I think if 343 are going with CGI then they can’t do this, and if they are sticking with the normal cutscenes they still can’t do it because they use motion capture and the actors hold a certain weapon when they act the scene out so, you couldn’t be carrying something like a Spartan laser in the cutscene.

Sadly, I wish it would be possible for cutscenes to always portray the player character carrying the weapon that was being used prior to the cutscene. However, like other people have said, pre-rendered CGI cutscenes would make this feature impossible, and motion capture with actors would have to be redone for different types of weapons (an Assault Rifle motion capture would be very different from a Spartan Laser motion capture).

> 2533274799400272;2:
> I remember playing Halo 2, and sometimes I would carry a specific weapon just to watch Master Chief or the Arbiter holding it in the cutscene, and was disappointed when the game would choose another one (most of the time it was with the brute shot).
>
> Minor problem, but I agree, would be a nice touch.

^ this!

> 2533274976643293;7:
> Sadly, I wish it would be possible for cutscenes to always portray the player character carrying the weapon that was being used prior to the cutscene. However, like other people have said, pre-rendered CGI cutscenes would make this feature impossible, and motion capture with actors would have to be redone for different types of weapons (an Assault Rifle motion capture would be very different from a Spartan Laser motion capture).

:frowning:

THIS should help you with getting that BR to the end of Halo 4

Yeah, if they are sticking with the Blur cinematics, then it will pretty much be impossible to change the weapons unless they do multiple variations of the same cutscene, but that will just be silly and expensive.

> 2533274976643293;7:
> Sadly, I wish it would be possible for cutscenes to always portray the player character carrying the weapon that was being used prior to the cutscene. However, like other people have said, pre-rendered CGI cutscenes would make this feature impossible, and motion capture with actors would have to be redone for different types of weapons (an Assault Rifle motion capture would be very different from a Spartan Laser motion capture).

Did you literally just read my post and write down your version of it?

> 2533274799400272;2:
> I remember playing Halo 2, and sometimes I would carry a specific weapon just to watch Master Chief or the Arbiter holding it in the cutscene, and was disappointed when the game would choose another one (most of the time it was with the brute shot).
>
> Minor problem, but I agree, would be a nice touch.

only thing is that didn’t work for all weapons.

> 2533274877056440;3:
> Did you want Master Chief approaching the Didact with an Incineration Cannon? I just don’t think it would have worked well.

IDK if I was going to fight the greatest warrior in the Galaxy I would be happy with an incineration cannon. Just saying

> 2533274844984484;14:
> > 2533274877056440;3:
> > Did you want Master Chief approaching the Didact with an Incineration Cannon? I just don’t think it would have worked well.
>
>
> IDK if I was going to fight the greatest warrior in the Galaxy I would be happy with an incineration cannon. Just saying

He’s a Warrior-Servant who’s armor “attunes” to the weaponry of his enemies. In other words, even more OP.
That incineration cannon will most likely do jack -Yoink- I’m guessing.
The only way to actually hurt him is to surprise him, catch him off guard so his armor cannot attune.

Its probably only reason why the pulse grenade worked in the end is because the Didact probably did not realize it was there.

> 2533274877056440;3:
> Did you want Master Chief approaching the Didact with an Incineration Cannon? I just don’t think it would have worked well.

Didact; "Your race is doomed, there is no- Blows up
Master Chief; (Insert smart remark here)

One thing that ticked me off in Halo 4 was the weapons in the beginning of the game. The fact that the Dawn had post war weapons on it at the beginning of H4 was annoying.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I found it more baffling that after crashing into the Didact’s ship, Chief is shown holding an AR and then, after the cutscene, is holding a BR and SAW.

> 2533274857465597;17:
> One thing that ticked me off in Halo 4 was the weapons in the beginning of the game. The fact that the Dawn had post war weapons on it at the beginning of H4 was annoying.

Cortana upgraded them? Yeah I got nothing.

> 2533274850465226;18:
> I don’t know about anyone else, but I found it more baffling that after crashing into the Didact’s ship, Chief is shown holding an AR and then, after the cutscene, is holding a BR and SAW.

Cortana upgraded it? Yeah still nothing.

> 2533274976643293;7:

Not to mention canonical implications. There needs to be an established storyline and weapons are a part of that. Two sides to the coin I suppose.