Customization

I know, I know… ANOTHER thread about customization. Hear me out.

Emblems
Lets start with the first thing people see when you are dropped off in the lobby and waiting for a match to start when it comes to seeing you.
Your gamertag, your call sign, maybe a placard like in MCC, and most note worthy: your emblem!

The biggest issue with emblems in Halo 5 was that you had to unlock almost all of them. MCC did this the right way by having some really cool ones available by doing certain things that would unlock them ranging from multiplayer, campaign, and even watching a video! It wasn’t random chance, and I think that is important.

Primary emblem and emblem background needs to make a comeback. You could do some cool stuff with them by blending the colors and/or making certain parts of your emblem invisible. Simply changing emblem colors isn’t enough. Again, this is something the MCC did right.

Only thing missing is having the emblems display on your armor, like Halo 2 and 3.

The only substitute for the classic emblem creation that I would prefer is making our own emblems, somewhat like how you can for GTA V. I know this can cause issues in the community like naughty emblems and such, so I’m fine if monitoring and keeping the ban hammer warm is not something you are willing to do for this.

Armor
Easily one of the most talked about subjects, I’ll keep my point relatively short here.

I am fine with a lot of the designs we got in Halo 5. There are only a few that I look at and wonder what you were thinking when you approved this. <cough>seeker<cough>
What really ruined a lot of the designs were the skins and forced colors.

The ideal system, to me, is this: All armors have a default and similar looking color scheme to them, something not far off from reach, halo 3, or even halo 2. Very simple, no crazy patterns, maybe a detail color stripe a la Halo 3. I’m not saying we can’t have those skin variations to the colors, and here is why:

Commendations.
Completing certain commendations should unlock something special. For example, you complete the AR commendation, you get a special AR skin to show for it. Armor skins should come from some special commendations. For example: any commendation relevant to the lore behind an armor should grant that armor a special skin. Let’s say there is a commendation available for every armor set like CQB: get X ammount of close quarters medals (shotgun kills, melee, etc) and you get a special skin for the CQB variant.

Special armor skins like HCS should be available to all variants. Maybe do 2 styles of default available paint schemes for armor and then add to the collection?

Bet you thought I was going to say we need more options like reach? Well, we do, but that’s not what I wanted to talk about.

ALSO, the UI for armor needs to be better organized. Lets say you are looking through armor variants and you pick one you want, then it opens up a new little thing that lets you pick the skin for that armor piece you just selected? That way you don’t have to see Scout A Scout B Scout C all in the same list, but not side by side?

For visor customization, there could truly be some special awards here like animated patterns or neon visors. I see this as the same value as flaming helmet.

Colors
Lastly, we need a color wheel complete with white to black gradient. All of the colors. ALL OF THEM.

> 2533274816257608;1:
> I am fine with a lot of the designs we got in Halo 5. There are only a few that I look at and wonder what you were thinking when you approved this. <cough>seeker<cough>

you forgot cyclops and tracer, they make seeker look decent. instead of just removing these armors in the next game, they should get a redesign to make them less… odd, while keeping some visual similarities so they are still recognizable.

> 2533274816257608;1:
> What really ruined a lot of the designs were the skins and forced colors.
>
> The ideal system, to me, is this: All armors have a default and similar looking color scheme to them, something not far off from reach, halo 3, or even halo 2. Very simple, no crazy patterns, maybe a detail color stripe a la Halo 3

My thoughts exactly, Halo 3 had the best color pattern. it was clean, precise, and not confusing to look at. I really wished that all the armors in halo 5 had a pattern similar to 2 or 3. or at least one armor with those color patterns. sadly, didn’t happen.