customization is depressingly limited currently.

As you may know customization in 5 is currently limited to just 2 options (not counting visor color), and according to a post made by Dan from Readyuplive over on reddit this is by design, it’s the way 343 wants it to be because it gives them more wiggle room to make the shoulder pads fit better.

I’m sorry what?

Now I get modular armor pieces can be limiting from a design standpoint, you know everything has to fit within very specific demensions so nothing clashes, or clips, and the shoulders in 4 did fit kind of low at times, so sure, make shoulders part of the chest, hell I wouldn’t even mind if certain armors locked you into more than one piece, but as It stands there are currently less options in halo 5, a game coming out in 2015 then there were in halo 3!

That is frankly ridiculous. And maybe if it was a situation like in skyrim where they combined legs and chest because it let them make way more interesting armor I would it would be ok if that were the case in 5, but it’s not like that, because not only is the armor in halo very well segmented anyways, it doesn’t look any better in 5 then it did in 4. Many of the sets in the beta are exactly, or nearly the same as they were in 4, and with the exception of maybe the arms/shoulders of helioskrill there’s nothing that wouldn’t have worked as a single piece (or infact did work as a single piece, since again, they are the same as they were in 4)

I wasn’t expecting to be blown away by the customization options in 5, but that’s mostly because they were pretty great already in past games, but what I saw in the spartan hub was just shocking.

It’s so neglected it makes me wonder what else 343 is letting slip to the wayside, maybe there’s a reason we’ve not seen vehicles yet.

Umm… it’s a beta. A full year before launch. I’m surprised they even had some armors completely ready to be integrated into customization.

To answer the general customization and your vehicles question, the focus of the beta is 4v4 Arena gameplay. You aren’t trying to test armors. You’re testing the competitive feel and balance of the game, the new abilities. There aren’t any vehicles mentioned yet because the beta doesn’t highlight anything that involves vehicles.

> 2533274907934539;2:
> Umm… it’s a beta. A full year before launch. I’m surprised they even had some armors completely ready to be integrated into customization.
>
> To answer the general customization and your vehicles question, the focus of the beta is 4v4 Arena gameplay. You aren’t trying to test armors. You’re testing the competitive feel and balance of the game, the new abilities. There aren’t any vehicles mentioned yet because the beta doesn’t highlight anything that involves vehicles.

plus I bet their will be more options in the full beta version, Don’t forget this beta is limited to just preview program participents for testing the beta of the later beta itself

I’m amazed there’s any customization at all this early in development…

> 2533274907934539;2:
> Umm… it’s a beta. A full year before launch. I’m surprised they even had some armors completely ready to be integrated into customization.
>
> To answer the general customization and your vehicles question, the focus of the beta is 4v4 Arena gameplay. You aren’t trying to test armors. You’re testing the competitive feel and balance of the game, the new abilities. There aren’t any vehicles mentioned yet because the beta doesn’t highlight anything that involves vehicles.

Yes it is a beta, but the only word we have on this subject is that this is the way it’s supposed to be so going “eh it’s just a beta, I’m sure it’ll be different later” makes as much sense as thinking the thruster is only a beta thing, and they’ll remove it by launch, it is, like the new movement mechanics, by design (supposedly)

And even if that’s not the case, what better time to voice concerns then the beta?

> 2533274859421065;5:
> > 2533274907934539;2:
> > Umm… it’s a beta. A full year before launch. I’m surprised they even had some armors completely ready to be integrated into customization.
> >
> > To answer the general customization and your vehicles question, the focus of the beta is 4v4 Arena gameplay. You aren’t trying to test armors. You’re testing the competitive feel and balance of the game, the new abilities. There aren’t any vehicles mentioned yet because the beta doesn’t highlight anything that involves vehicles.
>
>
> Yes it is a beta, but the only word we have on this subject is that this is the way it’s supposed to be so going “eh it’s just a beta, I’m sure it’ll be different later” makes as much sense as thinking the thruster is only a beta thing, and they’ll remove it by launch, it is, like the new movement mechanics, by design (supposedly)
>
> And even if that’s not the case, what better time to voice concerns then the beta?

The game is a full year from launch. The reason we haven’t heard anything about it is probably because we have a full year to wait. They’re probably not even done with all of them.

> 2533274859421065;5:
> Yes it is a beta, but the only word we have on this subject is that this is the way it’s supposed to be so going “eh it’s just a beta, I’m sure it’ll be different later” makes as much sense as thinking the thruster is only a beta thing, and they’ll remove it by launch, it is, like the new movement mechanics, by design (supposedly)
>
> And even if that’s not the case, what better time to voice concerns then the beta?

Sounds to me like you thought they were done creating all the armors…

They aren’t yet.

I don’t care about other customization really. No one can see your fancy-smancy leg armor or arm plates in battle anyway. Am I right, Marines?

reach was the same way.

> 2533274907934539;6:
> > 2533274859421065;5:
> > > 2533274907934539;2:
> > > Umm… it’s a beta. A full year before launch. I’m surprised they even had some armors completely ready to be integrated into customization.
> > >
> > > To answer the general customization and your vehicles question, the focus of the beta is 4v4 Arena gameplay. You aren’t trying to test armors. You’re testing the competitive feel and balance of the game, the new abilities. There aren’t any vehicles mentioned yet because the beta doesn’t highlight anything that involves vehicles.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yes it is a beta, but the only word we have on this subject is that this is the way it’s supposed to be so going “eh it’s just a beta, I’m sure it’ll be different later” makes as much sense as thinking the thruster is only a beta thing, and they’ll remove it by launch, it is, like the new movement mechanics, by design (supposedly)
> >
> > And even if that’s not the case, what better time to voice concerns then the beta?
>
>
>
> The game is a full year from launch. The reason we haven’t heard anything about it is probably because we have a full year to wait. They’re probably not even done with all of them.

It’s better to shout out now before it’s too late… 343 reads these posts if we say that we want more customization, they’ll give us more customization…

Josh Holmes has said that this is the way it will be in the final game, but there will be extensively more armor sets in the final game. This doesn’t bother me honestly, as it has a lot of benefits.

> 2533274974923664;11:
> Josh Holmes has said that this is the way it will be in the final game, but there will be extensively more armor sets in the final game. This doesn’t bother me honestly, as it has a lot of benefits.

Source?