Customization: Interesting Omissions and Decisions

Speculated:
o Arms/Legs/Feet: These are odd omissions. 343 has only shown three leg variants, and they are tied to the armor cores, not legs specifically: Mk VII, Mk V, and Yoroi. And the Mk VII and Mk V have the same boots.
o Crosshair Positioning: Already an option in MCC. 343 asked for feedback about this in a recent MCC flight survey.
o Colorblind Assist: Asked about in a recent MCC flight survey. I need this, especially if red versus blue is out.
o Crosshair Styles: Unyshek confirmed that the two different BR crosshairs were from different builds of the game and that the classic H2 crosshairs are more indicative of the final product. However, the detail of customization in a previous MCC flight makes me suspect that by-pixel crosshair placement will be an option.
o Weapon Positioning: The same MCC flight allowed the option to adjust your weapon position from the first person POV. Competitive players may move this off-screen as much as possible to prevent their weapons from impeding their view.
o Right- and Left-Handed Firers: Not mentioned, but can be inferred from the massive amount of customization already specified or implied. Possibly a post-launch update as reload animations may need to change due to weapon asymmetry.
o Gender: I can’t be sure, but I think we’ve only seen male Spartans, aside from Laurette, who does not have a distinguishably female body type. Or maybe we have seen females, and they’re just going woke Megan Rapinoe, rather than Adriana Lima, character models.

CONFIRMED, NOT SHOWN
o Weapon Cores: This has me curious. This term may be interchangeable with “weapon coatings,” but I would love the ability to choose different evolutions of assault rifles with no change to functionality. See the Multiplayer Overview (7:06).
o Friendly, Enemy, Objective Outline Colors: This replaces red versus blue teams to promote Spartan customization expression and incentivize armor coatings.
o Body Type: Mentioned in the Multiplayer Overview (7:29). No elaboration. I want the ability to make myself a fat, bald dwarf to match my real-life appearance. No changes to hitboxes, please.
o Weapon Charms: MEGA Construx and Nerf promotions confirmed these. I’m curious. I can’t imagine little keychains dangling from weapons looking good.
o Voices: Since they felt the need to mention it, I assume 343 included more than just one male and one female voice.
o Armor Emblems: Separate from player emblems. Designated to display on the shoulder pads?
o Armor Effects

SHOWN
o Armor Cores: There is still much uncertainty. At first, these appeared equivalent to tech suits. Now, 343 alluded to the possibility that helmets, arms, chest pieces, etc., are only compatible with specific cores. If so, this will significantly limit customization options. However, I can see their reasoning. Restricting armor placement onto set cores will allow armor pieces to fit better. Regardless of your thoughts on the different Halo games’ styles, armor fits more naturally in the games where the body armors come as sets, as opposed to the games where you have the option to mix and match individual pieces.
o Prosthetic Appendages: You may customize down to the joint (transhumeral, transradial, hand).
o Player Emblems: Logos that show up next to your name in menus. It looks like they replace nameplates from MCC.
o AIs: Voice and appearance customization.
o Leg Attachments: Seen on Spartans but not shown in any customization menus. Pouches, holsters, etc.
Helmet Attachments: Now includes visor attachments.
o Shoulders: Customize right and left separately.
o Armor Coatings: They mentioned, but did not elaborate on, more customization.
o Gloves
o Kneepads
o Chest Pieces
o Weapon Coatings
o Visors
o Helmets
o Vehicles

> 2535421108515819;1:
> Speculated:
>
> o Gender: I can’t be sure, but I think we’ve only seen male Spartans, aside from Laurette, who does not have a distinguishably female body type. Or maybe we have seen females, and they’re just going woke Megan Rapinoe, rather than Adriana Lima, character models.

Female voice at 1:50 in the Multiplayer trailer.

> 2535421108515819;1:
> CONFIRMED, NOT SHOWN
> o Friendly, Enemy, Objective Outline Colors: This replaces red versus blue teams to promote Spartan customization expression and incentivize armor coatings.

Also you can see outline in the Multiplayer Overview but here is screenshot of it. (+ they said that you can change the color of each team so it kinda has colorblind assist but I find the outline too thin so it may not be too visible for some people)

> 2535421108515819;1:
> CONFIRMED, NOT SHOWN
>
> o Body Type: Mentioned in the Multiplayer Overview (7:29). No elaboration. I want the ability to make myself a fat, bald dwarf to match my real-life appearance. No changes to hitboxes, please.
>
> SHOWN
> o Prosthetic Appendages: You may customize down to the joint (transhumeral, transradial, hand).

Prosthetic is part of Body Type changes so technically we’ve seen some of it (and, for unknow reasons, is paired with custom AI in the menu).
But I wonder if what we haven’t seen of Body Type isn’t just Gender.

Edit: Wait I just rewatched the Multiplayer Overview and they say:

> The player also customizes the Spartan, the soldier inside the suit.

Maybe Body Type will be more than I thought.

> 2533274958836218;2:
> > 2535421108515819;1:
> > CONFIRMED, NOT SHOWN
> > o Friendly, Enemy, Objective Outline Colors: This replaces red versus blue teams to promote Spartan customization expression and incentivize armor coatings.
>
> Also you can see outline in the Multiplayer Overview but here is screenshot of it. (+ they said that you can change the color of each team so it kinda has colorblind assist but I find the outline too thin so it may not be too visible for some people)
> …
> Edit: Wait I just rewatched the Multiplayer Overview and they say:
>
>
> > The player also customizes the Spartan, the soldier inside the suit.
>
> Maybe Body Type will be more than I thought.

Yeah, the outlines are going to be difficult for me to see. I think enough of the population will have this issue that they will offer some sort of remedy. Possibly an outline intensity scale, vibrant colors, or a RvB toggle option.

We see male and female recruits in the opening of the video with varying builds, heights, and complexions. But they may just be generic Spartans for that specific cutscene. I hear the female Spartan voice but don’t see the body. I wonder if a bust and butt were deemed misogynistic while 7’ pro athlete male builds were deemed acceptable.