customizable loadouts and competitive

customizable loadouts could increase the strategy and teamwork involved in halo, players will have the ability to choose what weapon and ability set they spawn with, this will allow players to create new strategies and work with there teammates more to combat the other teams strategy and such, they could create and define new team roles by using different loadouts for each player to have a different purpose, these purposes come together to create the strategy that they will use to try and win the game, AA’s should also play key role in this.

all this creates a deeper level of strategy and teamwork that the competitive players, providing they have the brain power should be able to utilize to full effect and keep on evolving the gameplay that is being introduced to halo, this was attempted to be introduced into halo reach but failed miserably.

all this requires a good balance of the weapon and AA sandbox, but, it has to be rock paper scissor balance which is really difficult to accomplish, i just hope 343i pulls it off successfully.

c’mon guys, you complain about people complaining yet a none-complaining topic you ignore?
makes little to no sense …

I got you Haunted. I see where you’re coming from, but this remains my stance.

The only potential this idea has is limiting the rift between competitive players and casual players. What does MLG have to change if only power weapons spawn on the map?

MLG might not have to change anything, they might have to wienie out certain useless weapons but if it’s all done right then MLG probably won’t need to change anything since it’ll be competitive out of the box …

As long as the weapons are balanced, and nobody is spawning with a Shotgun, I’m okay.
Never will I have to out-veto for BR/DMR starts ever again.

> MLG might not have to change anything, they might have to wienie out certain useless weapons but if it’s all done right then MLG probably won’t need to change anything since it’ll be competitive out of the box …

Well, are there going to be non-power weapons on the map? I think this is still up in the air, but I would assume since we can choose multiple weapons to spawn with, they will not.

> customizable loadouts could increase the strategy and teamwork involved in halo, players will have the ability to choose what weapon and ability set they spawn with, this will allow players to create new strategies and work with there teammates more to combat the other teams strategy and such, they could create and define new team roles by using different loadouts for each player to have a different purpose, these purposes come together to create the strategy that they will use to try and win the game, AA’s should also play key role in this.
>
> all this creates a deeper level of strategy and teamwork that the competitive players, providing they have the brain power should be able to utilize to full effect and keep on evolving the gameplay that is being introduced to halo, this was attempted to be introduced into halo reach but failed miserably.
>
> all this requires a good balance of the weapon and AA sandbox, but, it has to be rock paper scissor balance which is really difficult to accomplish, i just hope 343i pulls it off successfully.

The thing is, you can’t have perfect Rock Paper Scissors balance. Nobody can achieve that perfection so the system is always going to be flawed and unusable in a competitive environment. In order for MLG to accept loadouts, they would literally all have to be 100% balanced in respect to one another and that’s just not possible.

> As long as the weapons are balanced, and nobody is spawning with a Shotgun, I’m okay.
> Never will I have to out-veto for BR/DMR starts ever again.

you never know, 1 of the new weapons that will be in the game could be better, or on par, so instead of it being a 1 gun game you could have 10 guns that are equally usefull in their own right.

your comment is just based upon an assumption of halo 4 being a one-gun game which is completely ridiculous.

> > customizable loadouts could increase the strategy and teamwork involved in halo, players will have the ability to choose what weapon and ability set they spawn with, this will allow players to create new strategies and work with there teammates more to combat the other teams strategy and such, they could create and define new team roles by using different loadouts for each player to have a different purpose, these purposes come together to create the strategy that they will use to try and win the game, AA’s should also play key role in this.
> >
> > all this creates a deeper level of strategy and teamwork that the competitive players, providing they have the brain power should be able to utilize to full effect and keep on evolving the gameplay that is being introduced to halo, this was attempted to be introduced into halo reach but failed miserably.
> >
> > all this requires a good balance of the weapon and AA sandbox, but, it has to be rock paper scissor balance which is really difficult to accomplish, i just hope 343i pulls it off successfully.
>
> The thing is, you can’t have perfect Rock Paper Scissors balance. Nobody can achieve that perfection so the system is always going to be flawed and unusable in a competitive environment. In order for MLG to accept loadouts, they would literally all have to be 100% balanced in respect to one another and that’s just not possible.

balance is a hard thing but nothing is ever going to be 100%, the balance filler should come from teamwork and strategy, weapons and AA on their own they suck when compared to each other but when combined together creates something else which takes away from 1 weapon dominance and creates a much deeper level of strategy and teamwork then we’ve seen in previous halos while still keeping the main core halo gameplay intact.

> > As long as the weapons are balanced, and nobody is spawning with a Shotgun, I’m okay.
> > Never will I have to out-veto for BR/DMR starts ever again.
>
> you never know, 1 of the new weapons that will be in the game could be better, or on par, so instead of it being a 1 gun game you could have 10 guns that are equally usefull in their own right.
>
> your comment is just based upon an assumption of halo 4 being a one-gun game which is completely ridiculous.

Not at all. Which is why I said “as long as they are all balanced,” I would prefer spawning with a BR.

> > > As long as the weapons are balanced, and nobody is spawning with a Shotgun, I’m okay.
> > > Never will I have to out-veto for BR/DMR starts ever again.
> >
> > you never know, 1 of the new weapons that will be in the game could be better, or on par, so instead of it being a 1 gun game you could have 10 guns that are equally usefull in their own right.
> >
> > your comment is just based upon an assumption of halo 4 being a one-gun game which is completely ridiculous.
>
> Not at all. Which is why I said “as long as they are all balanced,” I would prefer spawning with a BR.

i didn’t know you’ve already played the game …

> i didn’t know you’ve already played the game …

I don’t know about you, but the first weapon I’m going to use in H4 is the BR, regardless of how good it is. I have missed it so.

> > > customizable loadouts could increase the strategy and teamwork involved in halo, players will have the ability to choose what weapon and ability set they spawn with, this will allow players to create new strategies and work with there teammates more to combat the other teams strategy and such, they could create and define new team roles by using different loadouts for each player to have a different purpose, these purposes come together to create the strategy that they will use to try and win the game, AA’s should also play key role in this.
> > >
> > > all this creates a deeper level of strategy and teamwork that the competitive players, providing they have the brain power should be able to utilize to full effect and keep on evolving the gameplay that is being introduced to halo, this was attempted to be introduced into halo reach but failed miserably.
> > >
> > > all this requires a good balance of the weapon and AA sandbox, but, it has to be rock paper scissor balance which is really difficult to accomplish, i just hope 343i pulls it off successfully.
> >
> > The thing is, you can’t have perfect Rock Paper Scissors balance. Nobody can achieve that perfection so the system is always going to be flawed and unusable in a competitive environment. In order for MLG to accept loadouts, they would literally all have to be 100% balanced in respect to one another and that’s just not possible.
>
> balance is a hard thing but nothing is ever going to be 100%, the balance filler should come from teamwork and strategy, weapons and AA on their own they suck when compared to each other but when combined together creates something else which takes away from 1 weapon dominance and creates a much deeper level of strategy and teamwork then we’ve seen in previous halos while still keeping the main core halo gameplay intact.

Take this new random weapon spawns idea. Frankie said it isn’t completely random and the location it drops varies slightly. Imagine MLG had to include this feature in their settings. Now imagine its the final match between Teams Instinct and Status Quo on Wraparound Slayer. Its tied up 49-49, both teams are setting up near where the next weapon should drop. Rockets drop down but they drop 20 feet towards Status Quo’s side and Status Quo gets them and kills an Instinct member for the win. Status Quo has just won the championship match for 100,000$ because of the random factor. That is why MLG strives for complete, 100% balance. What I just described would be worst case scenario, but similar things can happen on smaller scales and really make people upset.

> > i didn’t know you’ve already played the game …
>
> I don’t know about you, but the first weapon I’m going to use in H4 is the BR, regardless of how good it is. I have missed it so.

same here but i’ll also try out the new weapons, i’m not going to say i prefer the BR over every other weapon when i haven’t played the game, only that it will be my first weapon of choice.

[deleted]

> > > > customizable loadouts could increase the strategy and teamwork involved in halo, players will have the ability to choose what weapon and ability set they spawn with, this will allow players to create new strategies and work with there teammates more to combat the other teams strategy and such, they could create and define new team roles by using different loadouts for each player to have a different purpose, these purposes come together to create the strategy that they will use to try and win the game, AA’s should also play key role in this.
> > > >
> > > > all this creates a deeper level of strategy and teamwork that the competitive players, providing they have the brain power should be able to utilize to full effect and keep on evolving the gameplay that is being introduced to halo, this was attempted to be introduced into halo reach but failed miserably.
> > > >
> > > > all this requires a good balance of the weapon and AA sandbox, but, it has to be rock paper scissor balance which is really difficult to accomplish, i just hope 343i pulls it off successfully.
> > >
> > > The thing is, you can’t have perfect Rock Paper Scissors balance. Nobody can achieve that perfection so the system is always going to be flawed and unusable in a competitive environment. In order for MLG to accept loadouts, they would literally all have to be 100% balanced in respect to one another and that’s just not possible.
> >
> > balance is a hard thing but nothing is ever going to be 100%, the balance filler should come from teamwork and strategy, weapons and AA on their own they suck when compared to each other but when combined together creates something else which takes away from 1 weapon dominance and creates a much deeper level of strategy and teamwork then we’ve seen in previous halos while still keeping the main core halo gameplay intact.
>
> Take this new random weapon spawns idea. Frankie said it isn’t completely random and the location it drops varies slightly. Imagine MLG had to include this feature in their settings. Now imagine its the final match between Teams Instinct and Status Quo on Wraparound Slayer. Its tied up 49-49, both teams are setting up near where the next weapon should drop. Rockets drop down but they drop 20 feet towards Status Quo’s side and Status Quo gets them and kills an Instinct member for the win. Status Quo has just won the championship match for 100,000$ because of the random factor. That is why MLG strives for complete, 100% balance. What I just described would be worst case scenario, but similar things can happen on smaller scales and really make people upset.

this topic isn’t about random power weapon spawn locations though i agree, it shouldn’t be random but i think it is going to be customizable …

> same here but i’ll also try out the new weapons, i’m not going to say i prefer the BR over every other weapon when i haven’t played the game, only that it will be my first weapon of choice.

Exactly. DMR/AR could poop on small children in H4.

> I don’t want rock, paper, scissor balance. I wan’t true balance and the freedom to use the whole sandbox in a match.

the freedom to use the whole weapon sandbox is rock paper scissors, if it isn’t then it will be one or certain weapon dominance …

> > same here but i’ll also try out the new weapons, i’m not going to say i prefer the BR over every other weapon when i haven’t played the game, only that it will be my first weapon of choice.
>
> Exactly. DMR/AR could poop on small children in H4.

yup, gotta try it before i say anything.

> > > i didn’t know you’ve already played the game …
> >
> > I don’t know about you, but the first weapon I’m going to use in H4 is the BR, regardless of how good it is. I have missed it so.
>
> same here but i’ll also try out the new weapons, i’m not going to say i prefer the BR over every other weapon when i haven’t played the game, only that it will be my first weapon of choice.

I’m definitely going to use what is most familiar to be day 1. Unless I get a Carbine.