Customizable HUD

Hey guys,

I noticed something in Halo Legends on the last Episode “The Package” when it goes into First person view on the Spartans that their HUD’s are different. And i was thinking in Halo 4 we should be able to do this for our multiplayer Spartans.

It will not effect Gameplay so Halo will have that same Multiplayer Feel and players will be able to feel like their spartan is unique.

Also the player can change their HUD around so thier Shield/Health bar is at the bottom instead of the top and Equiptment and Ammo is on the Left hand side going from the top to the bottom of the HUD. Maybe different Colours too will give the player more custom ability.

Post a comment guys saying what you think or how we can make this better.

Thanks

I hope you can change the colour of the hud. but not the layout

I think that would be a good feature but it’s not one that I’ll be upset about if it’s not added.

I really like this idea, actually!

I think it’d be neat to put your energy shield somewhere else (like how it was in Halo 2, over the radar), or even change the color of it, or place that visor outline look Halo 3 had.

Yeah, I want my ODST HUD.

I wouldn’t mind just color. But than again other features could work.

> Yeah, I want my ODST HUD.

Agreed. Brofist

> I think that would be a good feature but it’s not one that I’ll be upset about if it’s not added.

This (is how I feel).

I want the HUD to feel like an HUD not some obstacle in my view, it would be great if it took some ideas from ODST and made enemies show up red, but in Halo 4 maybe the enemies should show up white like today’s thermal imaging systems but with a red out line, to define their affiliation, there’s so much more that could be put in like beeping when your ammo’s low, or yellow flashing when you’re near an important artifact, those things would make the HUD feel more like a proper HUD.

Thanks for feedback guys. Keep the posts coming :smiley:

> I hope you can change the colour of the hud. but not the layout

This, i often find it hard to see my hud/aimer on snow maps or a map with alot of blue sky.

> I hope you can change the colour of the hud. but not the layout

What about a different HUD for each helmet? no that wouldn’t work, but if it was slightly different for each helmet it would make more sense.

ODST had it near enough right, and i do think colour change should be an option.

I dont think manually moving parts of the HUD to other places would work. but if maybe two or 3 different layouts and a few colours like how in halo 2 it was blue for Spartans and purple for Elites that would be a nice feature.

> Hey guys,
>
> I noticed something in Halo Legends on the last Episode “The Package” when it goes into First person view on the Spartans that their HUD’s are different. And i was thinking in Halo 4 we should be able to do this for our multiplayer Spartans.
>
> It will not effect Gameplay so Halo will have that same Multiplayer Feel and players will be able to feel like their spartan is unique.
>
> Also the player can change their HUD around so thier Shield/Health bar is at the bottom instead of the top and Equiptment and Ammo is on the Left hand side going from the top to the bottom of the HUD. Maybe different Colours too will give the player more custom ability.
>
> Post a comment guys saying what you think or how we can make this better.
>
> Thanks

Yes! I would really like to be able to move things around as i want too. When i go back and forth between a halo game i always end up forgetting to look at my health bar and die. If i can put it on the same place in every halo game this would not be a problem anymore <3

I don’t see what’s wrong with what layout you choose, because at the end of the day it will be what the user prefers, as long as it does not interfere with any one else then I don’t see why not.

I like this idea, the more options the better :wink:

> I want the HUD to feel like an HUD not some obstacle in my view, it would be great if it took some ideas from ODST and made enemies show up red, but in Halo 4 maybe the enemies should show up white like today’s thermal imaging systems but with a red out line, to define their affiliation, there’s so much more that could be put in like beeping when your ammo’s low, or yellow flashing when you’re near an important artifact, those things would make the HUD feel more like a proper HUD.

I have to disagree with this. I want to see the enemies as they are, not with a colour overlaid on top of them. A VISR like system wouldn’t work in Halo 4, it would make it too easy. That was the problem with ODST, you could see invisible enemies, it made them pointless.

> > Yeah, I want my ODST HUD.
>
> Agreed. Brofist

Indeed

> > I want the HUD to feel like an HUD not some obstacle in my view, it would be great if it took some ideas from ODST and made enemies show up red, but in Halo 4 maybe the enemies should show up white like today’s thermal imaging systems but with a red out line, to define their affiliation, there’s so much more that could be put in like beeping when your ammo’s low, or yellow flashing when you’re near an important artifact, those things would make the HUD feel more like a proper HUD.
>
> I have to disagree with this. I want to see the enemies as they are, not with a colour overlaid on top of them. A VISR like system wouldn’t work in Halo 4, it would make it too easy. That was the problem with ODST, you could see invisible enemies, it made them pointless.

But it was realistic, the AIs could be made smart enough to know when the VISR has been activated and then go completely on the offensive and drop the stealth act, maybe even shout some alien abuse at the player for using it. And after I saw the camo on anniversary, I want to be able to spot them before they take me out, those stealth elites were kinda hard to see especially with the way the would evade bullets.