Customizable Controls

I’m not sure if this has been discussed before, but I personally feel 343 should add the option to use a customized control scheme. For instance, I have used Recon as my primary control scheme since Halo 3 came out (as that was the default option). But the button for aiming the ground-pound is on the wrong stick, so it’s impossible to aim anywhere but straight. Also there are a lot of people that seem to like the standard FPS controls (CoD, Battlefield, Destiny, etc.), but such an option does not exist in Halo 5. I think customization would be a great way to help get new players into the game easier, and also it would make it better for the community as a whole. Pretty much every PC game offers customizable controls, but I think I have yet to see a game on console support this option.

By the way, yes I know that on Xbox One you can change your controls in the settings, however I don’t want to have to mess with that every time I play Halo 5.

Pretty sure you can have one saved custom controller setup…

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/customize-standard-controller-with-accessories-app

If you want to change buttons you can map set controller options in Xbox controller settings. It’s not button mapping in game but still.

There’s just one problem; you can only change buttons as a whole, not abilities. I still want the right stick to control look rotation, I just don’t want it to have ground pound. I want to switch ground pound to the left stick. But you can’t do that with button mapping. Only if they added customizable control options. Also I was trying to keep the Recon settings but make the left trigger smart-link. But you can’t edit triggers with button mapping.