Customisation Drop Rate

I enjoy customisation options in all FPS games especially weapon skins/camos. Customisation is the lowest % unlocked in my collection by far.

While i realise some will say “Packs make money” but why would i invest in Packs when the drop rate is so abysmal. I really don’t understand why drop rate already is so low - my current weapons customisation is 4% complete, im going to end my time playing Halo 5 unlocking ridiculously low amounts of the “loot” available in game.

It’s pure greed. They wanted the grind to unlock everything to be as long and tedious as possible, because that makes it more likely for people to get frustrated and buy packs with money. And they don’t care about the fact that adding so much filler junk sucks all the fun out of the grind, because people will still want to gamble for that one thing they want. People know their next pack is probably going to be some ugly helmet that they’ll never wear, or some loadout thing they’ll never use, or possibly a visor that looks almost exactly like another visor, but as long as there’s a chance they’ll get that one thing they’re hoping to get, then the same instinct that causes people to gamble kicks in.

its just sad at this stage in the games lifecycle i feel im getting know where and opening packs isnt even worth my time right now. Surely those players playing right now would feel more invested if those drop rates were increased. While i love this game ive played no other game this bad for the drop rate of any in game rewards.

Jokes on 343.
There’s zero chance I’ll ever buy a REQ pack of any kind. The drop rates are far too low for it to be a viable investment.
I was really after a visor to replace the awful Recruit visor you’re saddled with at the start of the game. Two weeks later, I got a Recruit reskin and a green visor, which shared the same issue with the Recruit.

I’d be interested to see how many people bought into this lootbox scam. I really want that lootbox ban to go through so that this awful “unintrusive” (made me feel… wrong to write that) system would die.

i hear you man.

Im not fully against a loot crate system if it rewards with substantial drop rates and creates an incentive to “play one more game”. This only works however if casual gamers can still have a significant chance of unlocking everything regardless of how many hours they put in. I like unlocking random loot but it has to be worth my time. The problem with no loot crates is that most of the time before loot crates players were rewarded for “time spent” and “skill based unlocks” this again left out casual players or less skilled players, i think its tough to find the balance. However Halo 5 drop system is among the worst and i hate to say that for a game i enjoy playing

First , there’s no “drop rates” in this game, unless you mean you’d rather get like 4 or 5 unlocks instead of 2. Second, I’m not sure why you’re saying there’s a “low amount of loot” when there’s literally several hundreds of items to unlock. Third, this game has 1.5 years of added content slapped onto it, and not all of it was good, so you’re gonna have to unlock some crappy stuff before you start getting the good stuff, that’s how rarity works. Sorry you feel this way.
The game isn’t really as random as you’re making it out to be. The only randomness is the items you unlock in the packs, but it’s not as random as you’re describing. You buy a silver for example, and you’re guaranteed 2 unlocks ranging from common to rare, and there’s a knock out system in place so you won’t get duplicate unlocks ever. I repeat, ever. And in terms of investment, if you’re smart with your req points and don’t continuously blow them on gold packs right out of the gate at level 1 instead of buying bronze until you unlock all the commons then silvers until you unlock all the uncommon and rare etc etc, then it won’t take much time to unlock everything depending on how much you play. I was rank 135 when I unlocked everything. You can reasonably unlock everything without spending a dime. you’re also rewarded much better than other games for investing your time. You are guaranteed to get what you want after enough packs. Guaranteed 100%. Not 90 or 95, not 87% on Wednesdays…,100% guaranteed. I don’t know of any other games like that.

im not trying to defend the system like my life depends on it, but the halo 5 req system is definitely not a “loot box scam” like the other guy is talking about. It’s an insult to the game really. You have a 100% chance of unlocking everything in the game after enough time without spending a dime. You want a loot box scam? Go play destiny 2.

I understand that it’s discouraging to come into the game this late and see all these things that’s going to take you weeks and weeks to unlock, but It’s better to have a mountain of content that will take you awhile then have everything unlocked in a week with next to no grind or effort.

> 2533274950960631;6:
> First , there’s no “drop rates” in this game, unless you mean you’d rather get like 4 or 5 unlocks instead of 2. Second, I’m not sure why you’re saying there’s a “low amount of loot” when there’s literally several hundreds of items to unlock. Third, this game has 1.5 years of added content slapped onto it, and not all of it was good, so you’re gonna have to unlock some crappy stuff before you start getting the good stuff, that’s how rarity works. Sorry you feel this way.
> The game isn’t really as random as you’re making it out to be. The only randomness is the items you unlock in the packs, but it’s not as random as you’re describing. You buy a silver for example, and you’re guaranteed 2 unlocks ranging from common to rare, and there’s a knock out system in place so you won’t get duplicate unlocks ever. I repeat, ever. And in terms of investment, if you’re smart with your req points and don’t continuously blow them on gold packs right out of the gate at level 1 instead of buying bronze until you unlock all the commons then silvers until you unlock all the uncommon and rare etc etc, then it won’t take much time to unlock everything depending on how much you play. I was rank 135 when I unlocked everything. You can reasonably unlock everything without spending a dime. you’re also rewarded much better than other games for investing your time. You are guaranteed to get what you want after enough packs. Guaranteed 100%. Not 90 or 95, not 87% on Wednesdays…,100% guaranteed. I don’t know of any other games like that.
>
> im not trying to defend the system like my life depends on it, but the halo 5 req system is definitely not a “loot box scam” like the other guy is talking about. It’s an insult to the game really. You have a 100% chance of unlocking everything in the game after enough time without spending a dime. You want a loot box scam? Go play destiny 2.
>
> I understand that it’s discouraging to come into the game this late and see all these things that’s going to take you weeks and weeks to unlock, but It’s better to have a mountain of content that will take you awhile then have everything unlocked in a week with next to no grind or effort.

i wasnt suggesting there is low amounts of loot, i was suggesting i barely ever unlock customization items and i dont understand why the rate they drop is so low. There is clearly a formula behind the scenes which controls rarity drop rates.

I totally understand i can unlock everything without paying which i appreciate however the time it would take is just ridiculous, i just dont feel the drop rate would be so low if they weren’t bothered about making money from packs. I understand purchasing packs has a level of guarantee but my experience with packs so far has been ridiculous especially with the fact i’ve unlocked no customization options.

“loot box scams” wasn’t my direct with this at all, but any system which takes real cash in exchange for random packs is the same thing in my eyes, Destiny 2 got a massive amount of attention but i mods and shaders had no major impact on the game in the same way halo 5 doesn’t. HOWEVER having those unlocks improves your experience and right now with the reduction in population im surprised the drop rate hasn’t been increased i feel a lot of people will end there gaming experience with halo 5 having unlocked only a small amount of that experience enhancing loot.

It’s not that they have a low drop rate, it’s that there’s over 200 armor and 200 helmets

I had to grind for my Helljumper armor since I got the game and it dropped around lvl 100. Cosmetics take extremely long to unlock, if you don’t like it so far then you should drop Halo 5

It really sucks how they removed all skill based armour and just turned it into a gambling game though and even though the Achilles armour and the helioskrill exist, the helioskrill was implemented into packs and the Achilles has been sold by spartan company leaders betraying their members. All I think that the people here are trying to prove is that they don’t like the luck based aspect and prefer say, having to beat multiple campaigns on legendary to get the recon helmet etc. Just my viewpoint though