Custom Map 'Link Screenshots' Error

When trying to use the ‘Link Screenshots’ option for a custom map file, I’m getting an error every time:

“Save Error. We could not save your file at this time. Please try again.”

I get as far as selecting my screenshot (or screenshots) and pressing Y to save. It says “updating file…” for a second or two, then gives me the error screen. This was the case all last night and is still happening this morning. Is there anything to be done about this?

Yah, I’ve been getting this too. I talked to someone else that couldn’t get it to work on console or Waypoint but they said it worked fine on Windows 10 Forge. I’m not anxious to switch to Windows 10, and doing it to get around this problem would make me dislike windows 10 even more than I already do.

I went so far as to remove my Halo 5 game save files from the Xbone and allowed them to redownload from the server, but as expected it made no difference.

I really hope we get some official support on this. There’s little point in posting a map without linked screenshots.

PS. I’m not sure where this topic would get the best visibility but it probably should be in the Forge support thread.

Tried linking the screenshots through the Windows 10 Forge. Same result with the same error, unfortunately.

Great, that’s what we need, varied results.

It’s only taken me forever to find out that the screenshot save error was actually a global privacy policy setting. If you’re still having this issue open your Xbox privacy policy settings under your account profile and adjust clips and screenshots to - everyone on the internet

A more descript error would have been greatly appreciated.

> 2533274792882722;5:
> It’s only taken me forever to find out that the screenshot save error was actually a global privacy policy setting. If you’re still having this issue open your Xbox privacy policy settings under your account profile and adjust clips and screenshots to - everyone on the internetA more descript error would have been greatly appreciated.

Cheers, this actually worked. Thanks for coming back here to give the answer.

np

I am getting the exact same error and it isn’t because of the global privacy settings. I always had mine set to ‘everyone on the internet’. I’ve tried changing, restarting and then changing back. Still the same error message.

Another problem that I have been having recently which may or may not be related is: When I save a screenshot on my console it no longer shows on the Xbox screenshots within Halo 5 when trying to link screenshots to a file. It will appear on my activity feed as normal but Halo just can’t see it.

As a work around I had to upload the pictures from the Xbox beta app on windows 10. The game sees them then on the PC tab but only after I’ve uploaded them again from the app. Meaning my activity feed shows the images being uploaded twice.

This wasn’t always the case. It was working fine before. Halo 5 hasn’t been seeing my Xbox screenshots for the past few weeks but only since today will it not save the screenshots to the file. It will not save via the game on Xbox One or via Halo 5: Forge on PC.

Any ideas?
I am a dashboard preview member but none of the timings of these things relate to the timings of my latest dashboard update.

If you haven’t done it already you can try a soft restart(in menu restart) and a hard restart (holding the power button for 10 seconds while on). Both of these methods should provide you with a green boot screen. Neither are accomplished by simply powering it of and on again.

You can try removing all of your local Halo 5 data (not the actual game) and let it be re-downloaded from the server.

If you can revert to the latest stable release, try that and see if it makes a difference. Some glitches aren’t immediately apparent.

I have done a hard reboot already with no changes. I have already tried removing all game data also with no joy. I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I was actually in contact with Microsoft Support and they believe it could be a preview issue too. Tonight I am doing a ‘factory restore keeping games and apps’ to verify if the issue has to do with the latest preview build or if it is another issue with the upload studio/Halo 5: Guardians interaction.

Strangely enough yesterday it allowed me to save a few screenshots to some files that it wouldn’t allow me to previously. It stopped working after I had updated one or two files. I now can’t even add new screenshots to those files. Even screenshots that I have used in other saved files.

It is quite baffling but very frustrating at the same time.

P.S. Thank you for taking the time to respond Preacher001

On your xboxaccount / privacy / xbl privacy / custom / view detail / game content / clips and screenshots / everyone on the internet

I had the same problems too, this should work

@ ARC GuiltySpark - I specifically explained that that was not my problem.

> 2590910142771441;11:
> P.S. Thank you for taking the time to respond Preacher001

Did it end up being an issue with preview?

@Preacher001 from time to time I was able to add images to my files. It would let me do one file and not another. I assumed it was something game related and not the preview. I got the images added to my files (one at a time) eventually after a couple of weeks of trying.
I had a large preview update yesterday and I haven’t tested if the game can now access my in-game screenshots yet. I will check tonight. If not I guess I am stuck with adding the screenshots I need through the Xbox beta app on windows 10.

I have the same problem as well… seems to me no one wants to answer it for us… i did everything mentioned above and is a preview member and blah blah blah… still screenshots wont upload to waypoint… game clips same issue… however set to EVERYONE ON INTERNET… so yeah

I’m having this problem today. Screenshot uploaded and accessible, but will not attach to the map.

all privacy settings seem to be open / unrestricted

Please help!

Recently had this problem as of yesterday. I don’t know what’s causing it.