Custom Loadout and 'Perk' system Theory..

I have a theory behind the Custom Loadouts and this so called ‘Perk’ system. I dont know if this is true, this is merely speculation and thoughts on what i think might be correct.

Now id also like to say, because ive seen this ALOT in Halo 4 forums, i doubt halo would EVER have attachments for guns. So dont count really count on those. I know 343i knows, especially at this stage of Halo’s lifetime, whats acceptable and what isnt.

As for the ‘Perk’ system. Frankie already confirmed that they arent the kinds of perks we have seen in other games like COD and BF, and that Perks is just a term coined by the media, but im going to continue to use that word as a placeholder. IMO, i think these new ‘perks’ would be something very minor, that would change gameplay, but not drastically. but then again, he did say it would change our gameplay EXPERIENCE. that could also mean like HUD customization or stuff like that, we dont really know yet.

Maybe like extra ammo, extra grenade, extra sprinting time, extra booster/jetpack (or whatever that thing REALLY is), etc. if i had to put my money down, id say these ‘Perks’ will end up being something like this. if it was anything other way, id truly say 343i’s biting off COD and BFs ideas hard, although the BR, in my opinion, looks like a futuristic FAMAS…but again thats just me. i kind of like the design of the BR though!

Now as for these custom loadouts. I really doubt in a Slayer game you will ever start with power weapons.

Now frankie confirmed that there will be forerunner weapons in the game, the pistol was confirmed in the ViDoc, and Frankie also confirmed a 1-shot gun to make an appearence, but didnt state if it was a human or alien type gun, but since the DMR was recently confirmed, im gonna go with a FR one shot pistol.

If i had to put money on it, i would say the custom loadouts would just be to choose your primary and secondary gun before the game starts, or after you die each time.

(This would only work if the 3 starts did equal amounts of damage that way nobody spawns with a better advantage due to preference of starts. like if the BR=DMR=AR(strength wise) and the Magnum=FR Equivalent to the pistol(Strength wise) then this would work out nicely) ← That would be balanced and players will be able to start with the gun of their preference, or the gun they are most comfortable with, without spawning with an advantage.

For example:

AR and pistol / AR and FR equivalent to the pistol

BR and pistol / BR and FR equivalent to the pistol

DMR and pistol / DMR and FR equivalent to pistol

(BR = Battle Rifle, AR = Assault Rifle, FR = Forerunner, DMR = Designated Marksman Rifle)

now of course nothing is confirmed yet, but if i had to guess, id say its basically something like this, which is something i dont really have a problem with. That also means there would be a more variety of guns already placed on the maps.

Look at the brightside of all of this. If this turns out bad or you dont really like it to much, there will hopefully be a Classic Playlist. As we saw from the Anniversary playlist and the TU in Reach, we can see how much 343i really cares about the original feel of halo. Also i saw in a interview, Frankie was asked about the pistol seen in the ViDoc and if it was more like the Halo 3/Reach pistol or CE pistol, and he said im sure you already know the answer to that because of the TU or something like that. ← probably didnt make sence, but what im trying to say is, is that the pistol in H4 will most likely be alot like the CE god pistol.

Sorry for the long read

Attachments for guns don’t really work with Halo, even if they were added, wouldn’t effect the gameplay at all.

> <mark>Attachments for guns don’t really work with Halo</mark>, even if they were added, wouldn’t effect the gameplay at all.

thats why i said this … “Now id also like to say, because ive seen this ALOT in Halo 4 forums, i doubt halo would EVER have attachments for guns. So dont count really count on those. I know 343i knows, especially at this stage of Halo’s lifetime, whats acceptable and what isnt.”

You can’t see me right now, but all this talk about loadout customs and perks has cause me to vomit on my keyboard.

> > <mark>Attachments for guns don’t really work with Halo</mark>, even if they were added, wouldn’t effect the gameplay at all.
>
> thats why i said this … “Now id also like to say, because ive seen this ALOT in Halo 4 forums, i doubt halo would EVER have attachments for guns. So dont count really count on those. I know 343i knows, especially at this stage of Halo’s lifetime, whats acceptable and what isnt.”

I’m aware, I was in agreement with you.

We can do all the complaining we want really. But we all know that we will go out on the midnight release of Halo 4 and sit on our butts until 4 A.M. playing this awesome game.

I would also doubt anything that has a very unique ability being an option even if it isn’t a power weapon.

I would doubt something like the plasma pistol or needler would be a standard customization option.

I actually believe your right about this it would make sense I doubt 343 would stray from the natural feel of halo.