custom LOAD OUTS, do we want to take the risk?

they have confirmed custom load outs. But we want Halo, not cod or battlefield.If 343 wants to make Halo, MAKE HALO! They want to evolve the series, i understand that. but this may through me off getting the game. they can make it theirs with a new game type lobby. NOT BY CUSTOM LOAD OUTS. it takes away from no you cant spawn with a rocket when he has a handgun in multiplayer. i want everyone to vote yes of no to custom load outs and see if 343 wants to think about its audience. To get rid of custom load outs they could delay the release date if they have to. I DON’T CARE HOW BUT QUIT TRYING TO RUIN HALO AND TAKE OUT THE CUSTOM LOAD OUTS!!!>:(

First than all: adding an aspect from a game doesn´t make it like that game.

Second: If the just “Followed” the same style, it would not evolve, there´s a limit, and when that limit is reached, is neither changing or releasing the same game every 3 years whit minor tweaks.

Yes, I want custom Loadouts. I’m interesting to see where 343i goes with it. Hopefully it’s limited though. The last thing we need is everyone spawning with Rocket Launchers and Sniper Rifles. I’ll go into detail below on how I think it should be. You can choose one of the following in each category.

Primary:
Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle
Designated Marksmen Rifle
Plasma Rifle/Plasma Repeater
Covenant Carbine/Needler Rifle
SMG
Brute Spiker

Secondary:
UNSC Pistol
Plasma Pistol

Grenade
Fragmentation Grenade
Plasma Grenade
Spike Grenade
Fire Bomb

Thise are just example. Weapons could be different.

Halo never played class based, with preloadouts you take part of the skill to the loadout building, and many of us never saw a loadout without flawss.
I prefer take no risk.

If there is custom loadouts, then there must be an increase of weapons

that is crazy! every one will spawn in with good weapons and five seconds later you will get killed like in call of duty!

Custom loadouts would not work for Halo

Fools, let’s see how its put in the game first before we bash it out of proportion! Why not just have casual weapons!! like what this guy said:

Primary:
Assault Rifle
Battle Rifle
Designated Marksmen Rifle
Plasma Rifle/Plasma Repeater
Covenant Carbine/Needler Rifle
SMG
Brute Spiker

Secondary:
UNSC Pistol
Plasma Pistol

Grenade
Fragmentation Grenade
Plasma Grenade
Spike Grenade
Fire Bomb
Stop assuming!!! 343 knows what they’re doing!!

NO LOAD OUTS OR ARMER ABILITIES PLEASE

Whoah, calm down. If we know anything from the “making of” teaser they just released, it’s that there’s going to be at least one non-loadout-based gametype (if you look closely at some parts, the players are in a match called “BR Slayer”, which implies that everyone starts with the same weapon) in Halo 4. That said, I’m certain that 343i will find a good way to blend old multiplayer with newer trends, and seeing as how they have been working on it for a long time, and have some pretty damn well-polished gameplay to show for it, I trust them in their judgement.

> Fools, let’s see how its put in the game first before we bash it out of proportion! Why not just have casual weapons!! like what this guy said:
>
> Primary:
> Assault Rifle
> Battle Rifle
> Designated Marksmen Rifle
> Plasma Rifle/Plasma Repeater
> Covenant Carbine/Needler Rifle
> SMG
> Brute Spiker
>
> Secondary:
> UNSC Pistol
> Plasma Pistol
>
> Grenade
> Fragmentation Grenade
> Plasma Grenade
> Spike Grenade
> Fire Bomb
> Stop assuming!!! 343 knows what they’re doing!!

This. people are arguing about a game they havent played!!

> Stop assuming!!! <mark>343 knows what they’re doing!!</mark>

I’ve heard this so many times, I just can’t take it anymore. I’m gonna say it full out.

No, 343 does not know what they’re doing if they add this perspective of custom load outs being described on this forum. Halo has always been about starting with the same weapons, no advantages to anyone, and about getting the power weapons before the enemy team does.

Never should Halo EVER distinguish people by giving them different weapons at the beginning of a game. Gameplay in Halo should always give everyone the exact same chance and starting point.

No, I’m not reluctant to change. I’m reluctant to ruining what Halo has always been known by, and to change that would ruin the perfectly balanced gameplay like Halo:Reach did.

> > Stop assuming!!! <mark>343 knows what they’re doing!!</mark>
>
> I’ve heard this so many times, I just can’t take it anymore. I’m gonna say it full out.
>
> No, 343 does not know what they’re doing if they add this perspective of custom load outs being described on this forum. Halo has always been about starting with the same weapons, no advantages to anyone, and about getting the power weapons before the enemy team does.
>
> Never should Halo EVER distinguish people by giving them different weapons at the beginning of a game. Gameplay in Halo should always give everyone the exact same chance and starting point.
>
> No, I’m not reluctant to change. I’m reluctant to ruining what Halo has always been known by, and to change that would ruin the perfectly balanced gameplay like Halo:Reach did.

This is exactly the correct response. Halo is a game about balance and if 343 disturbs said balance then the game falls apart. Please 343, listen to your fans. There are a few people that want the changes you have mentioned, but they are only a small comparison to the thousands or even millions that want Halo to go back to its roots. No perks, no armor abilities.

What makes me laugh is that you actually think that they would let you spawn with rockets! lol God. Are you serious?

> Yes, I want custom Loadouts. I’m interesting to see where 343i goes with it. Hopefully it’s limited though. The last thing we need is everyone spawning with Rocket Launchers and Sniper Rifles. I’ll go into detail below on how I think it should be. You can choose one of the following in each category.
>
> Primary:
> Assault Rifle
> Battle Rifle
> Designated Marksmen Rifle
> Plasma Rifle/Plasma Repeater
> Covenant Carbine/Needler Rifle
> SMG
> Brute Spiker
>
> Secondary:
> UNSC Pistol
> Plasma Pistol
>
> Grenade
> Fragmentation Grenade
> Plasma Grenade
> Spike Grenade
> Fire Bomb
>
> Thise are just example. Weapons could be different.

I can see everyone spawning BR/Plasma Pistol. it gives you a headshot capable weapon that is useful at almost any range, and a weapon that can instantly strip a players shields.

Id say limit the spawn (for human players) to human weapons. in covenant game types (if there are any) you can spawn with covenant weapons

Also, i think sticky grenades and firebombs should be pick ups only, so only start with frags for human players.

Choice is good in a way, but you have to think about what people will do and how powerful it will be. I don’t thing players should spawn with a setup that can get easy/instant kills (emp-kill or grenade stick).

That said, i think the load outs will more likely be about the armor than the weapons (at least thats what Frankie sounded like he was saying). Im interested in seeing how it goes. If I don’t like it ill either go with what looks cool, or simply go default (I always use sprint/evade, the default AA’s in Reach).

Its not like you have to play along. Just learn to deal with it (Like I’ve learned to deal with the different AA’s in Reach), or play “Classic.” If they don’t have it, make it in customs.

> What makes me laugh is that you actually think that they would let you spawn with rockets! lol God. Are you serious?

Even if there’s a difference with starting weapons, there will always be something that stands out as being the best, (for example armour lock) and everyone who doesn’t use that weapon will have a disadvantage.

> > Stop assuming!!! <mark>343 knows what they’re doing!!</mark>
>
> I’ve heard this so many times, I just can’t take it anymore. I’m gonna say it full out.
>
> No, 343 does not know what they’re doing if they add this perspective of custom load outs being described on this forum. Halo has always been about starting with the same weapons, no advantages to anyone, and about getting the power weapons before the enemy team does.
>
> Never should Halo EVER distinguish people by giving them different weapons at the beginning of a game. Gameplay in Halo should always give everyone the exact same chance and starting point.
>
> No, I’m not reluctant to change. I’m reluctant to ruining what Halo has always been known by, and to change that would ruin the perfectly balanced gameplay like Halo:Reach did.

Could not agree more with you. Halo was Halo because of how balanced it was (From the multiplayer perspective). When people got on Halo, they played it because it was fair and everyone had an equal chance in the game, all it came down to was individual skill. By adding in loadouts, perks, etc. they are destroying the legacy that Halo was known for and creating just another Reach, where casuals were the majority of the population. We already have Call of Duty and Battlefield, PLEASE don’t make another game similar to them. Make Halo go back to its roots and carry on the legacy that 1, 2, and 3 left.

The Halo series needs a reincarnation and Halo 4 can do that. I’d love to see Halo back in its prime where everyone has the game and everyone loves it. This concept held true all the way up to Reach, where it dropped off. If I asked anyone I knew if they had an Xbox/Xbox 360, I could pretty much assume they had Halo, it was just that awesome. But now, when I ask someone if they have an Xbox 360, I can assume they have Call of Duty because it has taken Halo’s place at the throne of console shooters.

Halo 4 needs to be a redefine the series by adding new elements while still retaining the Halo feel. The Halo feel does NOT include adding in perks and loadouts. That’s the CoD/BF feel. The Halo feel is complete game balance and 343 needs to grasp this concept and expand on it. You can add new and exciting features to the game without copying other successful shooters that are currently out. So Halo, please go back to being Halo. Stop trying to fit in to the current generation of shooters and go back to standing out.

itd too late in the design cycle for 343 to listen to what they call fans. we should just stop posting these threads.

> itd too late in the design cycle for 343 to listen to what they call fans. we should just stop posting these threads.

There’s always hope…And the fact that they said the material is subject to change. To be honest (I don’t know if you guys would agree with me) I’d rather have no abilities associated with armour and custom load outs and have a later release date, than one with those unbalanced concepts and Halo 4 sooner. I never ever liked it when they said armour wasn’t purely cosmetic. My first thought: “What if the armour I loved sooo much had the worst ability…?”

> > itd too late in the design cycle for 343 to listen to what they call fans. we should just stop posting these threads.
>
> There’s always hope…And the fact that they said the material is subject to change. To be honest (I don’t know if you guys would agree with me) I’d rather have no abilities associated with armour and custom load outs and have a later release date, than one with those unbalanced concepts and Halo 4 sooner. I never ever liked it when they said armour wasn’t purely cosmetic. My first thought: “What if the armour I loved sooo much had the worst ability…?”

I completely agree.