"Custom" gold and req point pack idea.

As we are now able to gift Gold packs, I’ve been wondering if you have any ideas how 343 could add more options to gifting?

So far, I’ve thought of two ideas that 343 could consider, which may or may not be of interest to the community.

Note: Gifting either of these packs will cost the same as when gifting a Gold pack.

Idea #1: Being able to gift someone a portion of your req points.

Granted, this will favour the more opulent members of the community, but it would work just as well for those with a spare 5 or 10,000 req points.

How this would work:
You would be able to “donate” some of your req points to a player. You could do this to either to help a friend finish his/her Silver packs or to add something extra to a “GG” message, for example.

This is a rough example of what the person receiving your “req point pack” will see (imagine that there’s only one card and that it says 5,000 points).
Image.

In order to prevent people from abusing the system, such as gifting a player “1” req point, you would only be able to send the pack if the amount of points was 5,000 or greater.

Idea #2.

Being able to Gift someone a “custom” Gold pack.

Instead of gifting someone a Gold pack with random contents, as we are able to do currently, this option would let you to create a “custom” Gold pack by allowing you to select the reqs for the pack from your req collection.
(Armour and power ups would not be included)

To prevent people from abusing the system, such as gifting someone 14 shotguns, you would only be allowed to have 3 “common” reqs in your custom Gold pack.

I personally think that this would be a great way to support new players.

I hope this is clear. :relaxed:

What are your thoughts and opinions?

I understand that it may be difficult for 343 to make these ideas possible.

If they ever do adopt a point sale system I’ll probably send a few out (which I doubt they will.) If they ever adopt a point system where you can customize the items in them people may receive gold packs full of mongooses and boltshots.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> If they ever do adopt a point sale system I’ll probably send a few out (which I doubt they will.) If they ever adopt a point system where you can customize the items in them people may receive gold packs full of mongooses and boltshots.

The 3 common reqs limit may, hopefully, counter that.

The idea is that people would still be able to get a variety of reqs in their pack without, as you’ve described, receiving one full of Boltshots.

It will probably need further tweaking to achieve that goal though.

[deleted]

gotta say no to both. not ok with someone giving another person millions of points and hundreds of mythics

> 2535471565259874;4:
> Currently got 300,000 REQ points and everything unlocked, I class 300,000 as my new zero so I’ve got a buffer for when all the useless emblems and warthogs come out each update. When I hit 306,000 I buy a new gold pack as they only cost 6K now.

How many of each req/vehicle do you normally have, off the top of your head?

Say if you’ve got 30 ONI hogs, you’d be able to use the custom Gold gift pack to gift some of those to another player.

You get 14 cards in a Gold pack, you’d be able to use 5 of those cards to gift 5 ONI hogs to a player who looks relatively new to the game.

If you get what I mean.

> 2535442377964386;5:
> gotta say no to both. not ok with someone giving another person millions of points and hundreds of mythics

I understand that it may sound like a DIY Month of Mythic, but as the person gifting the pack would have to pay for each one, I doubt that someone would gift hundreds of Mythics.

[deleted]

> 2533274880633045;2:
> If they ever adopt a point system where you can customize the items in them people may receive gold packs full of mongooses and boltshots.

If I got one, I wouldn’t even be mad. I’d just sell them all and save the resulting REQ points toward a better pack.

Hannibals Req Pack
Onis Req Pack
Starter Req Pack
The Answers Req Pack

> 2535468263937860;10:
> Hannibals Req Pack
> Onis Req Pack
> Starter Req Pack
> The Answers Req Pack

That’s kind of the idea.

For example, if I saw someone who’s SR 24 in WZ match, I could gift the player a custom Gold pack filled with “Starter” items such as Railguns, vehicles etc.

I’ve got close to 200 Answers and Blaze of Glory’s each, and 20 ~ 30 of each legendary 'hog other than the Vespin (At a “mere” 14), so I’d be more than happy to hand a few out to other folks if I could. But you can’t have my wasps. Those are mine holds them close :<

That’s not even getting into how many Rarely Used Rares (Blissful Slumber, Open Fist, PLASMA TURRET, etc) I have. I do have 130 Arclights, 200+ sniper rifles, 117 Binary Rifles… Yeah, unless Turbo comes back (Please? ;v; ) I’d love to be able to share some of my stockpile with friends or randoms.

Here’s a thought for balancing the pack: It has to have a minimum “cost” to be made, so you’d have to stick a few rare cards in and not just a bunch of commons.

> 2533274850869596;12:
> I’ve got close to 200 Answers and Blaze of Glory’s each, and 20 ~ 30 of each legendary 'hog other than the Vespin (At a “mere” 14), so I’d be more than happy to hand a few out to other folks if I could. But you can’t have my wasps. Those are mine holds them close :<
>
> That’s not even getting into how many Rarely Used Rares (Blissful Slumber, Open Fist, PLASMA TURRET, etc) I have. I do have 130 Arclights, 200+ sniper rifles, 117 Binary Rifles… Yeah, unless Turbo comes back (Please? ;v; ) I’d love to be able to share some of my stockpile with friends or randoms.
>
> Here’s a thought for balancing the pack: It has to have a minimum “cost” to be made, so you’d have to stick a few rare cards in and not just a bunch of commons.

“117” Binary Rifles :grin:

This method could be used to balance out the custom pack.

As there are 14(I might be mistaken) cards in Gold pack, it would be possible to have 4 sets of 3 req cards which could be organized into the pattern below.

1st set of 3 cards: useful common reqs.

2nd set of 3 cards: useful uncommon reqs.

3rd set of 3 cards: useful rare reqs.

4th set of 3 cards: useful Ultra-rare reqs.

Last 2 cards: legendary reqs.

> 2533274870717152;13:
> > 2533274850869596;12:
> > I’ve got close to 200 Answers and Blaze of Glory’s each, and 20 ~ 30 of each legendary 'hog other than the Vespin (At a “mere” 14), so I’d be more than happy to hand a few out to other folks if I could. But you can’t have my wasps. Those are mine holds them close :<
> >
> > That’s not even getting into how many Rarely Used Rares (Blissful Slumber, Open Fist, PLASMA TURRET, etc) I have. I do have 130 Arclights, 200+ sniper rifles, 117 Binary Rifles… Yeah, unless Turbo comes back (Please? ;v; ) I’d love to be able to share some of my stockpile with friends or randoms.
> >
> > Here’s a thought for balancing the pack: It has to have a minimum “cost” to be made, so you’d have to stick a few rare cards in and not just a bunch of commons.
>
> “117” Binary Rifles :grin:
>
> This method could be used to balance out the custom pack.
>
> As there are 14(I might be mistaken) cards in Gold pack, it would be possible to have 4 sets of 3 req cards which could be organized into the pattern below.
>
> 1st set of 3 cards: useful common reqs.
>
> 2nd set of 3 cards: useful uncommon reqs.
>
> 3rd set of 3 cards: useful rare reqs.
>
> 4th set of 3 cards: useful Ultra-rare reqs.
>
> Last 2 cards: legendary reqs.

That’s how many I had this morning, now I only have 92 XD
Pretty convenient number there though hah!

That might work, unless I wanted to give more than three Rares / Ultra Rares - I’d need to pack more and more legendary cards along ith those commons, uncommons and etc. Not that it really matters much for folks who are already swimming in stockpiled REQs anyway xD

> 2533274850869596;14:
> > 2533274870717152;13:
> > > 2533274850869596;12:
> > > I’ve got close to 200 Answers and Blaze of Glory’s each, and 20 ~ 30 of each legendary 'hog other than the Vespin (At a “mere” 14), so I’d be more than happy to hand a few out to other folks if I could. But you can’t have my wasps. Those are mine holds them close :<
> > >
> > > That’s not even getting into how many Rarely Used Rares (Blissful Slumber, Open Fist, PLASMA TURRET, etc) I have. I do have 130 Arclights, 200+ sniper rifles, 117 Binary Rifles… Yeah, unless Turbo comes back (Please? ;v; ) I’d love to be able to share some of my stockpile with friends or randoms.
> > >
> > > Here’s a thought for balancing the pack: It has to have a minimum “cost” to be made, so you’d have to stick a few rare cards in and not just a bunch of commons.
> >
> > “117” Binary Rifles :grin:
> >
> > This method could be used to balance out the custom pack.
> >
> > As there are 14(I might be mistaken) cards in Gold pack, it would be possible to have 4 sets of 3 req cards which could be organized into the pattern below.
> >
> > 1st set of 3 cards: useful common reqs.
> >
> > 2nd set of 3 cards: useful uncommon reqs.
> >
> > 3rd set of 3 cards: useful rare reqs.
> >
> > 4th set of 3 cards: useful Ultra-rare reqs.
> >
> > Last 2 cards: legendary reqs.
>
> That’s how many I had this morning, now I only have 92 XD
> Pretty convenient number there though hah!
>
> That might work, unless I wanted to give more than three Rares / Ultra Rares - I’d need to pack more and more legendary cards along ith those commons, uncommons and etc. Not that it really matters much for folks who are already swimming in stockpiled REQs anyway xD

It might be possible to do that using the system I mentioned earlier, just add few more legendaries to the card “sets”.

Like so:
1st set of 3 cards: useful common reqs.

2nd set of 3 cards: useful uncommon reqs.

3rd set of 3 cards: useful rare reqs.

4th set of 3 cards:Legendary reqs.

Last 2 cards: legendary reqs.

What are your thoughts on the req point gifting idea? Do you think it would work well or can you foresee severe issues?