Custom Gametype I want in Halo 5

So with a major focus of what we have seen being the OLTL (One Life to Lose) game type Breakout I am hoping to be able to make the custom game I played a lot in Halo 2.

Capture the Flag:

One Flag (Offense vs Defense)
OLTL

If all offenders die, defense gets a point.
Offense must cap the flag regardless of if defense is alive or not
If offense caps the flag, offense gets a point

2 minutes per round

4 rounds.

We played this gametype on Lockout and it was the gametype that required the most team work since dying had such drastic implications.

Here’s hoping I can recreate this in Halo 5

Sounds interesting but frustrating to be the defender team all dead. Having to watch your flag get taken and brought all the way to the cap point.

> 2533274807529575;2:
> Sounds interesting but frustrating to be the defender team all dead. Having to watch your flag get taken and brought all the way to the cap point.

I understand, it was set up this way because defense was supposed to have the advantage, if they do a great job defending but get killed with 2 seconds remaining The offense shouldn’t get the point because they would not be able to score the flag before time ran out. On the inverse side if you kill all the offense there is no logical way for them to gain a point so the round would end.

We played it on Lockout which was a fairly small map taking 20-30 seconds to run the flag back to cap it. That left you 1:30 to get the power weapons and attack the flag that was in the defenseless lower corner of the map.

The defense was at a disadvantage position wise but at an advantage with the time on their side.

> 2533274806689453;3:
> > 2533274807529575;2:
> > Sounds interesting but frustrating to be the defender team all dead. Having to watch your flag get taken and brought all the way to the cap point.
>
>
> I understand, it was set up this way because defense was supposed to have the advantage, if they do a great job defending but get killed with 2 seconds remaining The offense shouldn’t get the point because they would not be able to score the flag before time ran out. On the inverse side if you kill all the offense there is no logical way for them to gain a point so the round would end.
>
> We played it on Lockout which was a fairly small map taking 20-30 seconds to run the flag back to cap it. That left you 1:30 to get the power weapons and attack the flag that was in the defenseless lower corner of the map.
>
> The defense was at a disadvantage position wise but at an advantage with the time on their side.

Now it sounds confusing but I think I understand it. If the gametype would be possible to make would it be possible to make it if there is no Lockout in Halo 5? Which map would you then use? Surely, there may be a map similar to Lockout, as there has been maps similar to Blood Gulch?

> 2533274807529575;4:
> > 2533274806689453;3:
> > > 2533274807529575;2:
> > > Sounds interesting but frustrating to be the defender team all dead. Having to watch your flag get taken and brought all the way to the cap point.
> >
> >
> >
> > I understand, it was set up this way because defense was supposed to have the advantage, if they do a great job defending but get killed with 2 seconds remaining The offense shouldn’t get the point because they would not be able to score the flag before time ran out. On the inverse side if you kill all the offense there is no logical way for them to gain a point so the round would end.
> >
> > We played it on Lockout which was a fairly small map taking 20-30 seconds to run the flag back to cap it. That left you 1:30 to get the power weapons and attack the flag that was in the defenseless lower corner of the map.
> >
> > The defense was at a disadvantage position wise but at an advantage with the time on their side.
>
>
> Now it sounds confusing but I think I understand it. If the gametype would be possible to make would it be possible to make it if there is no Lockout in Halo 5? Which map would you then use? Surely, there may be a map similar to Lockout, as there has been maps similar to Blood Gulch?

If the gametype is possible then it wouldn’t matter what map you would play it on as long as you kept two things from the map of lockout

• Flag location is in a poor defensive position
  • Flag has several routes to defend from but is not just in an open spaceWith those tow aspects to a map I think any map could work with the gametype. You may need to change the time limit based on the map size

> 2533274806689453;5:
> If the gametype is possible then it wouldn’t matter what map you would play it on as long as you kept two things from the map of lockout
>
> - Flag location is in a poor defensive position
> - Flag has several routes to defend from but is not just in an open space
> With those tow aspects to a map I think any map could work with the gametype. You may need to change the time limit based on the map size

Good point. Let’s see when it does come out. Post it up here if you are able to make it.