Custom Games: Team Balancing.

Is there a way to make it so the host of a custom game can choose the teams that the participants are on? So if I wanted a full lobby with 16 people, two teams, and on each team would be 8 people, an 8v8.

Because right now the games played with teams are usually a 3v13 or something stupid like that and people leave because, well there outnumbered to hell, and most of the other team has nothing to do, even though they COULD switch teams to make it more even, but who wants to go to a losing team, hoping you’re not the only one to contribute to that terrible 3v13 unbalance.

So, unless I am not seeing something, and please let me be blind, there is NO way to make it so the players CANNOT chose there team willy nilly and unbalance the game to all hell?

Because if not, they need to add it.

Example:

Team Manager:
Turn off team changing
Set Blue (or whatever) team to max of 8
Set Red team to max of 8
Set Green team to max of 0

Other colors, esc, esc…

I hope I am not the only one.

Might need an other update so it shows each persons rank and kd on the side so you have an idea who should go where.

How do you get people to enter your custom game I just see a whole load of singular people waiting for games and no one else ever comes. It’s either full games or empty one I don’t even find it easy to enter a game.

> 2533274962122285;2:
> Might need an other update so it shows each persons rank and kd on the side so you have an idea who should go where.
>
> How do you get people to enter your custom game I just see a whole load of singular people waiting for games and no one else ever comes. It’s either full games or empty one I don’t even find it easy to enter a game.

What I do is I get the recent players list in fireteam full or so, host my own custom game, invite those recent people, wait for about 4 or 5 to join, then play a popular map/game so people will be drawn to join and fill up the lobby.

When the lobby is full you can play whatever you want to with other people.
Play test your own maps and such.

This method always works for me.

And if the lobby gets low again in people I just play a game of the popular map and it fills back up in about five or so minutes.
If you host a custom game by yourself people will never join, I tried for about an hour of waiting, nothing. The more people in a lobby, the more people keep joining.

> 2533274871695735;3:
> > 2533274962122285;2:
> > Might need an other update so it shows each persons rank and kd on the side so you have an idea who should go where.
> >
> > How do you get people to enter your custom game I just see a whole load of singular people waiting for games and no one else ever comes. It’s either full games or empty one I don’t even find it easy to enter a game.
>
> What I do is I get the recent players list in fireteam full or so, host my own custom game, invite those recent people, wait for about 4 or 5 to join, then play a popular map/game so people will be drawn to join and fill up the lobby.
>
> When the lobby is full you can play whatever you want to with other people.
> Play test your own maps and such.
>
> This method always works for me.
>
> And if the lobby gets low again in people I just play a game of the popular map and it fills back up in about five or so minutes.
> If you host a custom game by yourself people will never join, I tried for about an hour of waiting, nothing. The more people in a lobby, the more people keep joining.

That’s dirty. I hate getting invited to a custom game when I’m playing a different playlist. I only stay in an invite if it’s for the playlist I was in. I find it rude to invite random people to some thing they weren’t playing. I wouldn’t do it to some one else either.

> 2533274962122285;4:
> > 2533274871695735;3:
> > > 2533274962122285;2:
> > > Might need an other update so it shows each persons rank and kd on the side so you have an idea who should go where.
> > >
> > > How do you get people to enter your custom game I just see a whole load of singular people waiting for games and no one else ever comes. It’s either full games or empty one I don’t even find it easy to enter a game.
> >
> > What I do is I get the recent players list in fireteam full or so, host my own custom game, invite those recent people, wait for about 4 or 5 to join, then play a popular map/game so people will be drawn to join and fill up the lobby.
> >
> > When the lobby is full you can play whatever you want to with other people.
> > Play test your own maps and such.
> >
> > This method always works for me.
> >
> > And if the lobby gets low again in people I just play a game of the popular map and it fills back up in about five or so minutes.
> > If you host a custom game by yourself people will never join, I tried for about an hour of waiting, nothing. The more people in a lobby, the more people keep joining.
>
> That’s dirty. I hate getting invited to a custom game when I’m playing a different playlist. I only stay in an invite if it’s for the playlist I was in. I find it rude to invite random people to some thing they weren’t playing. I wouldn’t do it to some one else either.

If people want to stay in that playlist, they won’t join. Otherwise, you’re out of luck on hosting, that’s the only way I know of, sorry.

Also, that’s the way i’ve noticed most people host there games, It’s hard to stay in a solid playlist for too long, with or without accepting invites.

> 2533274962122285;4:
> > 2533274871695735;3:
> > > 2533274962122285;2:
> > > Might need an other update so it shows each persons rank and kd on the side so you have an idea who should go where.
> > >
> > > How do you get people to enter your custom game I just see a whole load of singular people waiting for games and no one else ever comes. It’s either full games or empty one I don’t even find it easy to enter a game.
> >
> > What I do is I get the recent players list in fireteam full or so, host my own custom game, invite those recent people, wait for about 4 or 5 to join, then play a popular map/game so people will be drawn to join and fill up the lobby.
> >
> > When the lobby is full you can play whatever you want to with other people.
> > Play test your own maps and such.
> >
> > This method always works for me.
> >
> > And if the lobby gets low again in people I just play a game of the popular map and it fills back up in about five or so minutes.
> > If you host a custom game by yourself people will never join, I tried for about an hour of waiting, nothing. The more people in a lobby, the more people keep joining.
>
> That’s dirty. I hate getting invited to a custom game when I’m playing a different playlist. I only stay in an invite if it’s for the playlist I was in. I find it rude to invite random people to some thing they weren’t playing. I wouldn’t do it to some one else either.

Dirty and Rude? You yourself play mostly solo, so the worst that happens is you accept his invite, you realize it’s customs and have to go back to your previous playlist. It’s fine you wouldn’t use this method but it’s definitely not dirty or rude.

> 2785932090919659;6:
> > 2533274962122285;4:
> > > 2533274871695735;3:
> > > > 2533274962122285;2:
> > > > Might need an other update so it shows each persons rank and kd on the side so you have an idea who should go where.
> > > >
> > > > How do you get people to enter your custom game I just see a whole load of singular people waiting for games and no one else ever comes. It’s either full games or empty one I don’t even find it easy to enter a game.
> > >
> > > What I do is I get the recent players list in fireteam full or so, host my own custom game, invite those recent people, wait for about 4 or 5 to join, then play a popular map/game so people will be drawn to join and fill up the lobby.
> > >
> > > When the lobby is full you can play whatever you want to with other people.
> > > Play test your own maps and such.
> > >
> > > This method always works for me.
> > >
> > > And if the lobby gets low again in people I just play a game of the popular map and it fills back up in about five or so minutes.
> > > If you host a custom game by yourself people will never join, I tried for about an hour of waiting, nothing. The more people in a lobby, the more people keep joining.
> >
> > That’s dirty. I hate getting invited to a custom game when I’m playing a different playlist. I only stay in an invite if it’s for the playlist I was in. I find it rude to invite random people to some thing they weren’t playing. I wouldn’t do it to some one else either.
>
> Dirty and Rude? You yourself play mostly solo, so the worst that happens is you accept his invite, you realize it’s customs and have to go back to your previous playlist. It’s fine you wouldn’t use this method but it’s definitely not dirty or rude.

I don’t feel comfortable doing it to other people. To me if you invite some one randomly it should be for the playlist you met them.