Custom Games: Forced Team Switch?

Hi all, I was gathering some random matchmakers in a custom game lobby because I was bored, and a few went on random teams. I tried getting them to switch to either Red or Blue (only team colors supported on the map) but they didn’t have mics, so I just kicked them.

I was wondering if there was some way I could force people onto a certain team. I know that I can disable team switching, but that’s only for in-game, not in the lobby.

There isn’t a way.

> I was wondering if there was some way I could force people onto a certain team. I know that I can disable team switching, but that’s only for in-game, not in the lobby.

a) Play a gametype that only allows the desired team colors.

b) If you made the map yourself, then add spawns for bad team colors directly above (not inside!) a Kill Boundary. That’ll force players to either switch, watch themselves die infinitely, or quit.

Not quite as direct as most people would like, but it tends to work well enough. It’s better than trying to tell people over voice chat because some people have voice chat disabled, and others don’t speak English, but everyone speaks infinite-deaths.