Custom Games Finder?

I’m not sure if anyone else would like this but I think that it would be awesome if Halo 5: Guardians had a “Custom Games Finder” so that you can locate and join any Custom Game around the world.

YES. YES. YES. I’ve been arguing for this for so long! Like a join or host type of option for custom games. I make so many forge maps that I never actually get to play on. Most of the threads that I have made on this topic hasn’t gotten much attention, so here’s to hoping this one does!

Yes! Halo custom games is about creativity, and it should be spread!

Maybe it could be like a server browser kind of thing where people can host a game and type up a description of what it is and what sort of maps, gamemodes, and minigames will be played. Then others can simply scroll through lists of games and choose one to join.

> 2533274915805544;4:
> Maybe it could be like a server browser kind of thing where people can host a game and type up a description of what it is and what sort of maps, gamemodes, and minigames will be played. Then others can simply scroll through lists of games and choose one to join.

That would be great.

Its kinda difficult, Quintaurus idea sounds good

We could have a custom games playlist, powered by the community right here on Waypoint. We could have an official thread were people could nominate games to be chosen for the next rotation and then 343 would narrow it down to the top 3 or 4 choices and have them available for two weeks, and then the cycle would begin again.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/awesome-idea-for-halo-5-343-plz-read/3aa06b00-2b05-41a3-aa72-092dc655d4a2/posts?page=3#post49

As you can see, Josh Holmes has already acknowledged this, and it’s something that could be appearing in Halo 6.

Halo6Hype?

dude, that’s the first time I’ve seen a dev of any sort actually reply to someone’s post.

Yes.

Yep, as I’ve said before, it’s one way to ensure the longevity of Halo 5.

Let’s take a look at Warcraft III, a game with a custom games browser and a decent editor and a great community, it came out in 2003 and people are STILL playing that thing, hell it even spawned a whole new genre (the MOBA) from DotA.

Halo 5 has two of those three ingredients, it just needs the custom games browser!

A system similar to Starcraft II would be amazing.

I also think there needs to be a hub in-game where the best community created content gets showcased, that’s screenshots, videos, plays of the week, map variants, forged maps, game variants, FUN CUSTOM GAMES and possibly an ongoing poll where people can vote on playlist updates and such. Also a way to link a map with the corresponding gametpyes it was designed for would be great.

If such a thing was added to Halo it is pretty much all I’d ever play. Some of my fondest memories of Halo involve custom games, namely playing Zombies in Halo 2 (back when you had to manually swith teams when infected and go on the honor system).

I remember Halo 2 having a custom games browser in system link, if Halo 5 had such a feature then couldn’t you just system link your xbox one to some sort of server of system linked consoles (like people did to play the Xbox version of CE online) and have a custom games browser that way?

YES! YES!
M Bison approves this message.

would be awesome!

When are you gonna realize this is what we’ve been wanting and the moment another franchise better implements this we’ll jump ship because its illogical to have something like the forge and not make it easier for them to share and fill their maps with players.