Custom games Editing

My friend just had a genius idea. That in custom games you can edit the game while playing it. Like if we were testing a game type out we had made and decided that players should do less damage, we could hit Up on the D-pad (like going into Monitor mode in Forge) and edit the game options right from there.

I would like this idea. It would make the creation of game types much faster and easier to do. I also want them to completely re-due the game ideating in Halo 4. Halo Reach’s game editor felt flawed compared to Halo 3’s.

And other idea we had is that we wanted to make predators vs Aliens so we had to use the gametype Invasion:Slayer but since you cannot customize the base player traits of one specific side, we had to abandon that idea.

> My friend just had a genius idea. That in custom games you can edit the game while playing it. Like if we were testing a game type out we had made and decided that players should do less damage, we could hit Up on the D-pad (like going into Monitor mode in Forge) and edit the game options right from there.

Maybe call it “test mode”?, however, it could cause mass lag, as the new game options would have to be sent from the host to everyone in the game and then the game would have to at least temporarily stop to load the new settings. I doubt it would be able to do it seamlessly.